Prahaar Short Range Tactical Missile System

sayareakd

Country flag
Saya, general is 3-Star officer, fourth one you probable mistaking for star is a gold plated button.
I stand corrected Rahul, you are right.

Isn't is interesting first DRDO converted Prithavi into a surface to air missile (PAD) and now a surface to air AAD in to surface to surface.
yeah it is interesting fact........................ this shows the maturity of our Missile programme, they can do so many things.

Rahul Singh

Country flag
Prahaar is a gift from DRDO's 3rd generation scientists: Saraswat

source : Tarmak007

DRDO chief Saraswat had a crucial review meeting of a sensitive project in South India on Monday. His team members were ready with a PPT containing the project update. To their surprise, he cancelled the meeting at the last moment and headed straight away to Balasore. The reason: "It was important for me to be with my team," he said.

Shortly after Thursday's maiden launch of Prahaar, an elated Saraswat spoke to Tarmak007. "Prahaar is state-of-the-art in terms of missile technology. It has a great potential to be used by the Indian Army as a battlefield support tactical missile. It can engage different targets at a time," Sarsawat said.

When asked about DRDO's decision to go-ahead with the Prahaar project without government sanction, Saraswat said: "It is our own technology development project and we did it in record time. The Army is extremely happy with today's result. We are confident that the sanctions will follow soon. This is the DRDO I have been wanting for a long time. Your performance must speak always," Saraswat said.

"It was such a delight watching this launch. It was really great and I am not exaggerating. We will have some more tests coming up, considering this was a maiden demonstration for the user," the DRDO chief said.

The DRDO chief, who always prefers to reach the launch site in Balasore on a speed-boat, leaving the comforts of a VIP vessel, said that the whole missile was developed by scientists, below 35 years of age. "Be it the controls, navigation, propulsion, guidance, system engineering or structures – it is DRDO's 3rd generation scientists who developed Prahaar. I am delighted to say that it is their gift to India," Saraswat said.

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Country flag
No a three star General is a Lt General. A full General like the Chief of Army is a 4 star General. Field Marshall is 5 star.

nitesh

Mob Control Manager
^^
Now that's great leadership quality, give the credit where it is due

nitesh

Mob Control Manager
^^
Now that's great leadership quality, give the credit where it is due

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Country flag
What is heartening from Mr Saraswats comments is that the missile was developed 3rd gen scientists all below the age of 35. This certainly is great news. Second it was developed by DRDO without govt sanction. So it shows that DRDO is autonomous to work on weapons systems for which it develops ideas.

plugwater

This is awesome.

Things learned from this test.

1, BMD interceptor AAD will have six missiles per launcher.

2, Also AAD has flight ceiling of more than 30 km since prahaar has reached 35 km altitude during its flight.

3, DRDO must be developing the Ashwin version secretly like this prahaar.

4, Younger generation scientists are more capable than the older scientists in DRDO. :D

Immanuel

Country flag
now just add the Masala from CL-20 made by DRDO

"The CL-20 was synthesized by India's High Energy Materials Research Laboratory (HEMRL) based in Pune city, a press release from DRDO, HEMRL's parent body said. "It is the most powerful non-nuclear explosive yet known to man," says Dr. AK Sikder, joint director HEMRL. The compound, 'Indian CL-20' or ICL-20, was indigenously synthesized in the HEMRL laboratory."

I can see fireworks, never seen before.............
i agree, i think we need to have ICL-20 based warheads in everything. we'd have the deadliest arsenal of conventional weapons in the world. CL-20 or Octa-Nitro-Cubane is a Nitramine class of explosive 15 times as powerful as HMX, His/Her Majesty Explosive or High Melting Explosive or Octogen. HMX is also 4 times more powerful than RDX. I think they should order huge quantities of it, mass production would reduce the price per kilo.

love the fact that missiles have certain amount of commonality, ideal for mass production and life time maintenance.

sayareakd

Country flag
This is awesome.

Things learned from this test.

1, BMD interceptor AAD will have six missiles per launcher.

2, Also AAD has flight ceiling of more than 30 km since prahaar has reached 35 km altitude during its flight.

3, DRDO must be developing the Ashwin version secretly like this prahaar.

4, Younger generation scientists are more capable than the older scientists in DRDO. :D
first one is known for long time, you can check my pervious post i am saying this for long time, last one because now we have new tools (super computers etc) and we have build on what was archive from IGMDP. Ofcourse we have sanction (almost) free now.

Last edited:

Rahul Singh

Country flag

Youtube version for easy download.

Last edited by a moderator:

nitesh

Mob Control Manager
he meant about timely delivery of system.
So, according to you also, some young guys comes, magically learns everything, delivers it. It is a pathetic attempt to bash around with no sense what so ever.

sayareakd

Country flag
So, according to you also, some young guys comes, magically learns everything, delivers it. It is a pathetic attempt to bash around with no sense what so ever.
nitesh man relax enjoy what has been achieved.

Pintu

Congratulation to DRDO, and its really great that the development of our missile back bone are now being handed over to the team of younger generation of scientists, really that's encouraging.

Regards

Articles