North East Security Watch

Angel of War

Country flag
Yes, you answered my reply to your question itself, shoot anything you want.
Regards
Nah , I was just wanting to get an opinion of a metei about the claims made by Nagas on the manipur hills . They claim your hill districts don't they. Do you consider those claims to be legit ?

Angel of War

Country flag
It genuinely pisses me off that these guys have such freedom of movement.
That's a large force running around filming a propaganda piece.

Is it some snippet from some B grade movie or are these filmed by the militants?
there are many more such B grade propaganda movies on YouTube.

Vinash

Country flag
Explain!!! don't give me some narrative, you said it proves it.

This guy is a tribal from the NE. He's made dozens of tweets describing the antics of the Church.

He deletes controversial tweets to avoid suspension. His opinion of the role of the Church is pretty clear, it's not some narrative.

Church is involved in a lot of questionable stuff in my state of Andhra where Christians are 10-15%, so logic suggests that the Church does even worse things in states like Nagaland where they have overwhelming majority.

thefewthefearless

Country flag
What's brave? No insurgency can be sustained without some level of local support.

Green Beret actually have a field exercise on subverting an enemy nation and training partisans ahead of a US invasion as their final exam before passing out called Robin Sage.

It's reasonable to assume other enemy nations have a similar agenda. We must accept collateral damage in our stride.
you can't kill anyone without proofs.
call it infortunate/fortunate. whatever helps you sleep at night.

Love Charger

चक्रवर्ती
Country flag
They also have a base at Camp Hebron. You'll be surprised to know that insurgents at camp Hebron celebrate 14th August every year as Independence Day with a parade and live arms display
To needle India , that why they do it ?

tomthounaojam

Country flag
Nah , I was just wanting to get an opinion of a metei about the claims made by Nagas on the manipur hills . They claim your hill districts don't they. Do you consider those claims to be legit ?
Well, it is a very tricky question with complex answers and I don't think I will be able to answer in a way that might be justifiable as it needs a deep understanding of Kangleipak's old name for Manipur to present. Meitei use to be in the Hills and settle down in the valley as per ancient history. They were subjects of Kingdom of Manipur, however, with the coming of the British and group the tribes as Naga things get complex, and when Manipur merged with union of India the political aspirations of the communities have gone into a different path, and both sides will try to justify their own agenda. Manipur has three main communities, in the hills, it is Naga and Kukis and valley it is the Meitei which dominates. Naga and Kukis have already fought each for land in Manipur. Now the problem is the Hills people want more autonomy and the Meitei valley people are worried this might break up the state hence there is apprehension.

Angel of War

Country flag
Well, it is a very tricky question with complex answers and I don't think I will be able to answer in a way that might be justifiable as it needs a deep understanding of Kangleipak's old name for Manipur to present. Meitei use to be in the Hills and settle down in the valley as per ancient history. They were subjects of Kingdom of Manipur, however, with the coming of the British and group the tribes as Naga things get complex, and when Manipur merged with union of India the political aspirations of the communities have gone into a different path, and both sides will try to justify their own agenda. Manipur has three main communities, in the hills, it is Naga and Kukis and valley it is the Meitei which dominates. Naga and Kukis have already fought each for land in Manipur. Now the problem is the Hills people want more autonomy and the Meitei valley people are worried this might break up the state hence there is apprehension.
Have Kukis also been demanding a seperate nation or are they just fighting the Nagas. What is the primary objective of KNA ?

tomthounaojam

Country flag

This guy is a tribal from the NE. He's made dozens of tweets describing the antics of the Church.

He deletes controversial tweets to avoid suspension. His opinion of the role of the Church is pretty clear, it's not some narrative.

Church is involved in a lot of questionable stuff in my state of Andhra where Christians are 10-15%, so logic suggests that the Church does even worse things in states like Nagaland where they have overwhelming majority.
This my friend is the problem you are drawing conjecture from listening from one side.
Firstly, I don't like talking about religion I don't about others for me it is very personal and I tried to keep to myself, If you go to the Hills there will lots of BJP members eating Beef, Christian by religion BJP by political affliations.
Chruch play a huge part in this part of the world and this is very different from rest of india, cause conversion is more or less nil here and Christian religion is very old here. If you say like that, then Hindu also has been embraced by locals who have their traditional believe, religion is the not the main problem it is the ethicity which is the problem.

Angel of War

Country flag
The leader of NSCN IM isac Muivah is also demanding merger of Manipur hills with Nagaland .

Latest Replies

Global Defence

Articles