New Russian single engine fighter jet

Neptune

Country flag
Its payload capacity seems lower than Tejas Mk2, will be ready in 6 years almost the same as mk2 for sp. Also, kek nobody seriously believes that it will go for 30 million USD seriously?

Also, 'possible orders' 300? Really?
I hope they are not counting on India because India will almost buy another 36 Rafales that's it. Rest will be MWF and later AMCA, I hope so at least.

But maybe many middle eastern countries will be interested in it. Also, isn't

Tejas MK2 max payload is 6,500 and not over 7,400kg from what I searched. The price will certainly be at least 40 million, at least for Russia. Russia has sold hundreds of Flankers around the world (I’m not even counting India). There is a big market for affordable single engine aircraft. Russia certainly can over the next few decades order a few hundred since Russia has produced hundreds of modern Flankers the last decade for itself.

As for India, well India has the Its own stealth program with the stellar Kavari engines. I’m not sure why so many Indians get so defensive when Russia comes up with something.

FalconZero

Country flag
Tejas MK2 max payload is 6,500 and not over 7,400kg from what I searched. The price will certainly be at least 40 million, at least for Russia. Russia has sold hundreds of Flankers around the world (I’m not even counting India). There is a big market for affordable single engine aircraft. Russia certainly can over the next few decades order a few hundred since Russia has produced hundreds of modern Flankers the last decade for itself.

As for India, well India has the Its own stealth program with the stellar Kavari engines. I’m not sure why so many Indians get so defensive when Russia comes up with something.
You are right about payload my bad.

How many su57 russia sold or bought though?

Well, it's not like Russians are known for some 'steller' aircraft engines so it's GE404 and GE414 are still better than the russian solution.

> defensive
From the first post onwards people here are shilling for that for IAF so obviously, you will get a counter reply, don't get defensive on that mate.

I hope russia sells as much as they can but would not want India to be their customer.

ladder

Country flag

Well, it's not like Russians are known for some 'steller' aircraft engines so it's GE404 and GE414 are still better than the russian solution.

> defensive
From the first post onwards people here are shilling for that for IAF so obviously, you will get a counter reply, don't get defensive on that mate.

I hope russia sells as much as they can but would not want India to be their customer.
***Sanctions*** USA sanctions on Russian mil wares.
Only a few countries can bypass the sanctions.
So, unless that is resolved only a few large influential countries can buy it.

Babloo Singh

Country flag
mentioned in today's presentation

"-long term supersonic flight (supercruise is not mentioned specifically)

- 1,8M max, 2000km+ range without tanks 7400kg payload"

Seems it's not going to be equipped with new Item 30 engine...... my guess is it will have AL31/41 engine probably a version of the engine doing duty on Chinese J10.

Panchon ki kya rai hai 🤔

panzerfeist1

Country flag
Conversation with Marcellogo that I saw LMFS at rus def net if anyone has anything to add?
nternal carriage?

Only a bomb bay and two small ones for short range missiles. No No No
F-35 carry two medium ones, 6 in total against 3 medium and 2 short range.
And in A2G mission it is limited to carry only short range ones.
IMHO the most disappointing feature of whole plane.

Did you see it properly? F-35 carries 2 smaller A2G weapons than what LTS carries, plus 2 missiles. They are trying to include 2x AAM more, true, but it is not there yet, and it will take time. But as of now, LTS would carry more AAM than the F-35 in a A2A loadout or the same amount with bigger weapons in A2G configuration. What is not clear to me is whether the side bays are only for SRAAM or MRAAM too, from the size it may be the second option. The ventral bay is more regular and usable than that of the F-35, with better development options for new weapons like for instance the multimissile we discussed here.

If the radar dome size is the same as the Su-57. Also the lack of bitching on its stealth features probably concludes that a price tag of 25-30 million sounds way too tempting for certain countries to buy.

Neptune

Country flag

76 and the aircraft is in its infancy. In the future orders will increase as older aircraft are phased out. I would also expect some foreign sales within the next decade. Sales are not an indicator of how good an aircraft is, the F-14 had very few foreign sales and the Tejas none.

The GE404 is out of date compared with modern engines like item 30 and F-135. Comparing a 22,000lbs thrust engine to a 39,000lbs thrust engine and claiming the older, weaker design is better is asinine.

The GE404 was likely chosen because it was a lighter engine and lasted longer with time between overhaul (TBO) but a big reason because of that was because it was weaker engine, engines with less thrust usually requires less maintenance. The East Germans modified their MiG-29s to have slightly less thrust to decrease maintenance.

Item 30 has some advantages in that much like the F-135 engine it uses less parts which means less maintenance, it also uses newer alloys and composites as well as more advanced ignitions, more efficient compressor blades and so on. The end result is more thrust, less maintenance and lighter weight.

Anyways:

600C1DF1-5B4C-456D-9896-85C384DC07E2.jpeg

CF838BE4-E862-44A0-9CCF-140692BD1210.jpeg

A6EFDC3F-481B-47FA-B92E-A6DE52187B46.jpeg

86F2CAF3-2F45-42BF-ACF3-A6101E34A756.jpeg

EA6586DD-7B8C-4CE9-B66F-F32194449A63.jpeg

FalconZero

Country flag
76 and the aircraft is in its infancy.
Kek sure, so far only 12 of these have been built. It shows either the plane was never ready or russia didn't have enough deep pocket to operate or buy more of these. Both can be true too.
1626826092765.png

Also, the orders are allegedly from the Russian defense. It's pretty sad considering how it was touted to be the competitor of F35 and even better than it.
These are stats for F35 btw :
1626826166420.png

In the future orders will increase as older aircraft are phased out. I would also expect some foreign sales within the next decade. Sales are not an indicator of how good an aircraft is, the F-14 had very few foreign sales and the Tejas none.
Tejas was not aimed at export at all and indian aerospace industry is far from as mature as russian or experienced as russian, and still by your logic we have 83 orders and deals signed for Tejas mk1a along with 40 of Mk1 which is more than that of Su57, it's more legit than the other deal of su57. We have atleast 28+ of these operational, 8 of the lsp included, and by next year atleast two squadrons of these ready.

The GE404 is out of date compared with modern engines like item 30 and F-135. Comparing a 22,000lbs thrust engine to a 39,000lbs thrust engine and claiming the older, weaker design is better is asinine.
:rollseyes: And why are you comparing GE404 or GE414 with F135? I meant average life expectancy and reliability is way better in the case of American engines, 6500 hrs vs 4000 hrs of RD93 for example. Russians have fallen behind the Americans in terms of engine tech long ago. Don't try to misinterpret my points mate.

The GE404 was likely chosen because it was a lighter engine and lasted longer with time between overhaul (TBO) but a big reason because of that was because it was weaker engine, engines with less thrust usually requires less maintenance. The East Germans modified their MiG-29s to have slightly less thrust to decrease maintenance.
Kek living in past to cope as always, USA imported lots of german engineers after WW2, so did USSR and so on but those things don't matter because USA was able to deliver and had money to invest and improve upon, same can't be said for Russia which has been seeing crumbling economy.

MiG-29SMT

Country flag
Kek sure, so far only 12 of these have been built. It shows either the plane was never ready or russia didn't have enough deep pocket to operate or buy more of these. Both can be true too.
View attachment 100964

Also, the orders are allegedly from the Russian defense. It's pretty sad considering how it was touted to be the competitor of F35 and even better than it.
These are stats for F35 btw :
View attachment 100966

Tejas was not aimed at export at all and indian aerospace industry is far from as mature as russian or experienced as russian, and still by your logic we have 83 orders and deals signed for Tejas mk1a along with 40 of Mk1 which is more than that of Su57, it's more legit than the other deal of su57. We have atleast 28+ of these operational, 8 of the lsp included, and by next year atleast two squadrons of these ready.

:rollseyes: And why are you comparing GE404 or GE414 with F135? I meant average life expectancy and reliability is way better in the case of American engines, 6500 hrs vs 4000 hrs of RD93 for example. Russians have fallen behind the Americans in terms of engine tech long ago. Don't try to misinterpret my points mate.

Kek living in past to cope as always, USA imported lots of german engineers after WW2, so did USSR and so on but those things don't matter because USA was able to deliver and had money to invest and improve upon, same can't be said for Russia which has been seeing crumbling economy.
the Russians are now on par with F-35 technology.

This jet reflects 2 things.

Lots of Su-57 technology is used, in fact the entire nose and canopy looks like a Su-57 just grafted a X-32 intake a a single engine was paired.

Su-57 is a F-22 equivalent thus its production number will be in a few hundreds unless India or China buy it. that will require a few hundreds each.

1626831768073.png

FalconZero

Country flag
the Russians are now on par with F-35 technology.
I seriously doubt that, you seriously are not saying that Su57 is on par with F35 in terms of Stealth and EW suite right? Cuz that would be a hilarious joke.

Su-57 is a F-22 equivalent thus its production number will be in a few hundreds unless India or China buy it. that will require a few hundreds each.
I contrary to popular opinion expect russia itself to deploy it (even USA itself is bought F15EX despite having F35) assuming it ever sees the light of the day as a working demo not some render or just replica model, so more orders from Russia as well as middle eastern countries. Syria? UAE was looking for F35 but sale has been blocked so maybe Su57 or this depending on the situation. Maybe few other nations who want 'stealth' tag.

MiG-29SMT

Country flag
I seriously doubt that, you seriously are not saying that Su57 is on par with F35 in terms of Stealth and EW suite right? Cuz that would be a hilarious joke.

I contrary to popular opinion expect russia itself to deploy it (even USA itself is bought F15EX despite having F35) assuming it ever sees the light of the day as a working demo not some render or just replica model, so more orders from Russia as well as middle eastern countries. Syria? UAE was looking for F35 but sale has been blocked so maybe Su57 or this depending on the situation. Maybe few other nations who want 'stealth' tag.
the only reason india withdrew from the project is Russia was not going to share the technology share India wanted.

For India the money you paid was just for production rights, but some tech was out of reach.

Su-57 will trash F-22, in fact i will even dare to say the new Su light weight fighter will trash F-35, it is lighter and not a striker, basically Russia has an engine as powerful as 135 used on F-35, the reason every one else makes twin engined jets is the proof, only F-35 is single engined

FalconZero

Country flag
the only reason india withdrew from the project is Russia was not going to share the technology share India wanted.

For India the money you paid was just for production rights, but some tech was out of reach.

Su-57 will trash F-22, in fact i will even dare to say the new Su light weight fighter will trash F-35, it is lighter and not a striker, basically Russia has an engine as powerful as 135 used on F-35, the reason every one else makes twin engined jets is the proof, only F-35 is single engined
Maybe in WVR if somehow Su57 managed to get sneak up to VR of F35 but in all probability, it will get toasted beforehand by F35. F35 will detect first and shoot first, assuming vatniks ever actually produce enough of Su57. I will not even bother with F22.

RCS of F35 in public domain : 0.0015sqm
RCS of Su57 : 0.1 to 1m2? (proly even J20 has better stealth than this)

EW Suite of F35 is way better, one of the best selling points of F35 was that it's like a flying hacker as they put it.

RCS of F22 is around 0.00015 sqm, public domain.

ladder

Country flag

Any source for the above?
Paid for production rights at priliminary developmental stage?
Must be an example of the great project planning skills from the Russians.

MiG-29SMT

Country flag
Any source for the above?
Paid for production rights at priliminary developmental stage?
Must be an example of the great project planning skills from the Russians.
show me an Indian equivalent of Al-41S or Type 30. You do not have it, only in engine I can tell you you have no tech transfer

MiG-29SMT

Country flag
Maybe in WVR if somehow Su57 managed to get sneak up to VR of F35 but in all probability, it will get toasted beforehand by F35. F35 will detect first and shoot first, assuming vatniks ever actually produce enough of Su57. I will not even bother with F22.

EW Suite of F35 is way better, one of the best selling points of F35 was that it's like a flying hacker as they put it.

pure crap, Russia has a really advanced air force Su-57 is the right balance of stealth speed and maneouvrability, the new fighter will give affordability, J-20 has crap engines, ventral fins misaligned canards, F-35 has horizontal stabilizers, new sukhoi is almost a 6th generation fighter

panzerfeist1

Country flag

Well, I currently dont see any stealth bashing from the west on this aircraft yet?

RCS figures one is with a patent for the overall aircraft the U.S. takes measurements from the front which is always the smallest from the front and that patent does not include RAM. I thought we have been over this 100,000 times. The only thing I am hoping for is if the radar dome on that aircraft is the same size as the Su-57.

ladder

Country flag
show me an Indian equivalent of Al-41S or Type 30. You do not have it, only in engine I can tell you you have no tech transfer
Don't try to deflect.

What you said

And what it was

The two countries, incidentally, had inked the FGFA inter-governmental agreement way back in 2007, which was followed by a $295 million preliminary design contract in 2010 before the negotiations stalled.

------

Either you are clueless about what you are writting or you are a pathological liar.

Either way, your statement is absolutely incorrect as logic dictates that you don't sign production right aggrement at priliminary design stage.

MiG-29SMT

Country flag
Don't try to deflect.

What you said

And what it was

------

Either you are clueless about what you are writting or you are a pathological liar.

Either way, your statement is absolutely incorrect as logic dictates that you don't sign production right aggrement at priliminary design stage.
you probably are a baby, since technology transfers are limited in highly advanced aircraft, these are released eventualy after 10-20 years, but India will not get the whole tech transfer, only bit and pieces, so regardless now you bash Su-57, the fighter is really good, Russia did not yield to India leaving the agreement, they continued, so now they have the technologies and the engines so the new Sukhoi light fighter for export shows a very advanced thrust vectoring nozzles, supercruise and advanced electronics all is thanks to Su-57

Global Defence

New threads

Articles