New Russian single engine fighter jet

FalconZero

Country flag
i am not insulting, you like it or not RCS is not fixed its magnitude depends upon the radar, the Americans give propaganda numbers, because the radar equation validate my points, better think better what you say, Russia has a very advanced new fighter and Su-57 is excellent
> Americans gave propaganda numbers but Russia never lies
Absolute state of shills.

Su57 is a meme aircraft for now, russia just showed a paper dummy which is not even real at this point so these talks are useless.

ladder

Country flag
i am not insulting, you like it or not RCS is not fixed its magnitude depends upon the radar, the Americans give propaganda numbers, because the radar equation validate my points, better think better what you say, Russia has a very advanced new fighter and Su-57 is excellent
The below quoted part is my reply. Follow it.
Take it as an advice.
This my last reply to you here in this thread.

There are a few rules in forum reply. And primary of them is to not to use reply button if you are posting unrelated stuff which has nothing to do with the original stuff being replied to.
The unrelated stuff can merit it's own standing, but not as a reply.

MiG-29SMT

Country flag
The below quoted part is my reply. Follow it.
Take it as an advice.
This my last reply to you here in this thread.
just a typical excuse lame excuse; the forum rules say be kind and polite if you are going to preach first start by your self, since your profanity shows your vulgarity, any way you are trolling since PAKFA numbers by davidenko says are similar to F-22

panzerfeist1

Country flag
Vatniks have been seething about production since decades, reality is that there are only 12 of these out of which 2 are lsp versions.
vatniks really, do you want me to say pajeet my son when I talk to you I think that will just piss off other users here.

Url to a forum :rolleyes: , i have no interest in reading the recycled points, point still stands that Russia has only 12 of these with no actual proof that these even will work against F35 while F35 has been bombing over syria, flying over iran,evading S300 since years.
that are 3 more models shown in production so as a I said re-read to make atleast look like you know what your talking about.

Another cope, if you want to know about it just go through the bombing runs of Israel and other USAF in Middle east. Were you living in huts when Israel was flying over iran, USAF was bombing israel? Here's few tidbits of how s300 got btfo'd.
I mean do you expect them to go shoot US or western allied aircrafts down when those aircrafts dont want to target the Russians specifically but syrians instead. Are you this mentally deficient? what if they did see them on radars but did not confirm or deny that they saw them?

How are these even related? Also, only a shill will believe that Ruskies are going to sell 'checkmate' for 30 million, they want another PAK-FA but we are not interested. Come back when you actually have a working prototype otherwise it's Su57 and Armata all over again. Too much promise on paper and nothing in reality.
Su-70 after productions costs are 1 billion rubbles with the addition of stealth, air to air and air to ground weapons. The Su-57 is in service BTW.

Akula

Country flag

Translation for Non-indian members:-
First line:- There was a big confusion
Second line:- Should we improve old design or operationalize the new jet
Third line:- Than we thought, let's ask money(funds) for the new jet

Last edited by a moderator:

FalconZero

Country flag
vatniks really, do you want me to say pajeet my son when I talk to you I think that will just piss off other users here.
Okay, i realised that was uncalled for i will take by words and for the rest, you haven't given any legit counter point for me to care to respond, in response you can read the old posts here and you will understand what i want to say.

Tbh this one is a possible case, if ruskies realise that India isn't going for it on any given day and they are desperate for money and teaching a lesson to India by partnering with pakis considering they have been trying to get cosy, it will be a great deal for pakis.

Neptune

Country flag
Maybe in WVR if somehow Su57 managed to get sneak up to VR of F35 but in all probability, it will get toasted beforehand by F35. F35 will detect first and shoot first, assuming vatniks ever actually produce enough of Su57. I will not even bother with F22.

RCS of F35 in public domain : 0.0015sqm
RCS of Su57 : 0.1 to 1m2? (proly even J20 has better stealth than this)

EW Suite of F35 is way better, one of the best selling points of F35 was that it's like a flying hacker as they put it.

RCS of F22 is around 0.00015 sqm, public domain.

You do know that those F-22 and F-35 figures are purely fictional Internet numbers right? Bollywood actors are more real then that folklore figures you believe :clap2:

Let’s use some critical thinking skills. Even if those RCS figures would somehow be real it would be frontal RCS only. Take an F-22 RCS from the top and it would likely be 25+sqm. The side, rear and other aspects would also be much higher then those internet folklore figures. For instance based off basic science engine compressors create lots of returns; moreover various corners reflectors from vertical stabilizers/horizontal junction and or fuselage/wing junction will increase radar. What frequency and range are we also talking?

There is an old Sukhoi patent (very old) where the prototype was stated to have 0.1-1msq RCS. This sounds like an average. Even though aircraft like the F-22 definitely have a smaller RCS then the SU-57 if Sukhoi came out and gave only a frontal RCS figure and Lockheed would give an average RCS, then on paper the SU-57 would have a smaller RCS, that is almost certain.

By the way this new Sukhoi aircraft probably has a lower RCS then the F-22, at least from the side and rear it should definitely be smaller based on the fact that it got rid of horizontal stabilizers (those contribute to RCS. It also has a single round nozzle instead of the two nozzles found on the F-22 that have large gaps, 90 degree corners screws, actuators and discontinuities.

Kek sure, so far only 12 of these have been built. It shows either the plane was never ready or russia didn't have enough deep pocket to operate or buy more of these. Both can be true too.

And those 12 include the prototypes. Which should not even count. Did you expect Russia to mass produce an aircraft that was still not in the final design stage? It’s like arguing the US had few F-35s in 2005. What is the point of mass producing an aircraft when in a few years some of the technology will be obsolete compared to the stage 2 aircraft?

The engines are still not even ready, the SU-57 will not be mass produced until the engines are ready. The first serial airframe is basically used for training and familiarization, 2023 is when we will see decent numbers.

Also, the orders are allegedly from the Russian defense. It's pretty sad considering how it was touted to be the competitor of F35 and even better than it.

These are stats for F35 btw :

This is ignorance, you know Russia produced well over a thousand aircraft in the past decade correct? Anyhow the F-35 dates back to the late 1980s with the JSF and the X-35. The F-35 first flew in 2006, while the SU-57 prototype only flew in 2009. The F-35 had a 20+ year start and is in partnership with many nations with many factories. It’s a great aircraft by the way, I always appreciated the F-35.

With that said, I’m sure if Russia spent 400 billion on the SU-57 program and set up dozens of factories (which may not even be included in that cost) it too can have hundreds of SU-57s)

You seem to think these airplanes fall out of the sky overnight. It takes decades of development and then billions to set up factories. The F-35 has a 20+ advantage and astronomical costs in its development.

Under the United Aircraft Corporation Russia produced about 600 fixes wing aircraft and around 300 rotary aircraft since 2010. Not counting foreign exports.

....so Russia has the ability to produce in large numbers.

And why are you comparing GE404 or GE414 with F135? I meant average life expectancy and reliability is way better in the case of American engines, 6500 hrs vs 4000 hrs of RD93 for example.

I am very familiar with those figures and although I very much believe American engines have higher life cycle expectancy. No one states how they get those figures. Longer afterburner times reduces an engines life, so how do they calculate those hours? Another problem is US airfields/runways are in clean pristine conditions while Russian airfields are generally in poor conditions, with loose dirt, sometimes rocks, puddles, weeds and so fourth so any reasonable person can assume Russian engines will be more abused and prone to more frequent maintenance while US engines are pampered. The weather conditions and lack of hangers in Russia will generally mean more maintenance.

Russians have fallen behind the Americans in terms of engine tech long ago. Don't try to misinterpret my points mate.

You can throw around words like misinterpret and blindly throw out manufacturers claims but it means nothing if you have no base line. It would be interesting to see those GE404 engines operate in Siberian winters, with no hangover while regularly ingesting debris...I doubt those engines will last 5,000 hours

In any case I was originally talking about item 30 and how it is simply a better engine then the GE404 can ever be....why? For reasons i already stated like far superior thrust, less moving parts, which equals less maintenance, better efficiency and lighter weight compared to the previous generation. Now factor in that Russia has been building more hangers and taking better care of its runways so service life should increase there too.

Kek living in past to cope as always, USA imported lots of german engineers after WW2, so did USSR and so on but those things don't matter because USA was able to deliver and had money to invest and improve upon, same can't be said for Russia which has been seeing crumbling economy.

Is this supposed to be some kind of insult? You are just changing the subject and insulting.

Neptune

Country flag
This was last year :

You didn't see more coverage in the west because Russians were not able to produce even enough to make it into the news to that point of direct confrontation with F35.

There are just 12 of these which includes 2 of the prototypes.

You can make all excuses about RCS that you want and I am not saying su57 is a bad aircraft rather but comparing it to F35 which has proven itself in middle east, literally btfo'd the S-300 systems, constant bombing runs in Syria, etc. while russia has struggled to even make su57 viable and ready for production despite almost a decade of boasting while F35.

Do you believe any internet rumor you hear? What S-300 was ever used against any F-35? By who? You are insane?

Israel does not even need to enter into Syria to hit targets, in fact most of the targets Israel hit in Syria was from standoff ranges while flying behind the cover of mountains around the Golan heights.

Neptune

Country flag
Really good specs... But J-10 class with similar (possibly AL-41 only) engine.

No offence, but you sound like a layman with no technical knowledge. One example;

Su-57 has a officially acknowledged RCS of 0.5m², F-35 has an RCS of 0.005m², F-22 has 0.0001m²...
So no. To detect the Murican jets at same ranges as they'll detect you, the Russian one will need 100 to 2000 times more powerful radar respectively, assuming other parameters are comparable... (IRST has range limit of the 0-60km & F-35 has EOTS itself).

Another example: Supercruising is done at 1.5M, BVRAAMs fly at 4-5M. No comparison.

Just like I told the other guy, those F-22/35 RCS figures are total internet rumors and can only be theoretical frontal figures, as you will never get those types of figures from the rear or top or side hemisphere. If anyone thinks they can point a radar at the rear nozzles of an F-22, with exposed compressors, nozzle gaps, bolts and actuator arms and get those figures then they are gullible.

Sukhoi also doesn’t state how they got those figures, from what frequency, range or aspect angle, maybe it was an average. Those were also from either early prototypes or theoretical calculations. Something to think about.

Neptune

Country flag
ARE YOU A FUCKING IDIOT?

You are calling someone an idiot for stating facts. He is correct, RCS is not fixed. Aspect angles, range, frequency, and power are all contributors in RCS or how radars find and track targets.

I bet you did not know that pilots can adjust how radars scan by adjusting Azimuth and elevation. Doing this focus more energy in one direction, thus radars can track targets at further range by creating more focused ‘beams’.

Haldilal

लड़ते लड़ते जीना है, लड़ते लड़ते मरना है
Country flag
Ya'll Nibbiars Let's keep the conversation civilized peoples here are against the Russian Arms Lobbyist and Indian arms dealer. Not against the Russian Defence Industrie's.

Last edited by a moderator:

ladder

Country flag
Ya'll Nibbiars Let's keep the conversation civilized peoples here are against the Russian Arms Lobbyist and Indian arms dealer. Not against the Russian Defence Industrie's.
Sorry, discussions is possible only when forum rules are being adhered to and primarily the 'what' 'when' and 'how' and 'when' to use the 'reply' button.

And there are many unrelated facts to what is being discussed and just stating any unrelated random fact didn't make the reply valid.

It just digresses and derails the discussion.

Last edited:

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles