New Russian single engine fighter jet

FalconZero

Country flag
Do you believe any internet rumor you hear? What S-300 was ever used against any F-35? By who? You are insane?

Israel does not even need to enter into Syria to hit targets, in fact most of the targets Israel hit in Syria was from standoff ranges while flying behind the cover of mountains around the Golan heights.
> it's only rumoured if i don't like it

Sure mate, whatever floats your boats.

omaebakabaka

Do we care in any case, neither f22, f35 or su 57 are ours.....keep it civil. Claims are claims, Russians stand their own and lead in some areas and West is similar. I think this direction of discussions is nonsense...please stay relevant instead of prejudices. There are no facts that they went one or one anywhere

Last edited by a moderator:

MiG-29SMT

Country flag
1626871081976.png

1626871112417.png

1626871185288.png

flare of a promising light single-engine fighter of the fifth generation LTS
24 position in rating

July 21st, 6:04
At the International Aviation and Space Salon MAKS-2021 in Zhukovsky on July 20, 2021, an official presentation was held by the State Corporation Rostec and JSC United Aircraft Corporation (UAC) of the Russian promising light single-engine fighter of the fifth generation under the commercial name Checkmate, developed by PJSC Sukhoi Company (as part of the UAC) under the LTS program ("Light tactical aircraft"). The appearance of the LTS aircraft developed in secrecy, the upcoming presentation of which was announced only on July 13, was a big surprise for the entire aviation community.

The LTS phenomenon is undoubtedly a significant event for Russian military aviation, since we are talking about the creation of the second (after the T-50 / Su-57) potentially serial completely new domestic combat aviation platform in four decades - since the first flight of the Tu-160. Our blog made an attempt to summarize the information about the LTS aircraft known to date and published during the presentation.

photo_2021-07-20_19-51-36

The official presentation at the International Aviation and Space Salon MAKS-2021 in Zhukovsky of the first prototype (so far non-flying) Russian promising light single-engine fighter of the fifth generation under the commercial name Checkmate, developed by PJSC Sukhoi Company (as a part of United Aircraft Corporation JSC) ) under the LTS program ("Light tactical aircraft"), 20.07.2021 (c) Mikhail Zherdev

(Collapse)

- The LTS sample presented at the presentation turned out to be not a model, but. As the deputy chief designer of the LTS Alexei Bulatov said, it is an experimental prototype, while in a non-flying configuration for ground tests (apparently, an analogue of the KNS - a complex full-scale stand), but planned for revision into a flight prototype: “This is an aircraft that will take off into the air. Of course, work is needed to prepare it for flight. In less than a year, we will have completed static tests of the aircraft, which will allow us to start organizing the first flight. "

- The presented sample carries the side number "75". Presumably, in the Sukhoi Design Bureau, the project took place under the designation T-75. In turn, Bulatov said that the Design Bureau proposes to assign the Su-75 index for the "internal" version of the aircraft.

- The emblem of the Komsomolsk-on-Amur Aviation Plant (a branch of PJSC Sukhoi Company) is placed on the sample, which apparently indicates the place of construction of both experimental and later serial aircraft.

- On the part of the KLA it was stated that the plane was "developed in a little more than a year." The word "developed", in principle, can have a variety of interpretations, but the LTS program has been known at least since 2018.

- The aircraft is officially considered to be developed by the UAC on its own initiative without the assignment of the Russian Ministry of Defense and at the KLA's own funds. It can be assumed that, in fact, part of the funding came from the Ministry of Industry and Trade of Russia (as was the case at one time with the PAK FA program), and, apparently, the work was still coordinated with the military. It is possible that some of the funding came from a foreign source (it is possible that the UAE, in accordance with the 2017 agreement).

- The first flight of the LTS prototype is scheduled for 2023, the construction of the next flight prototypes - for 2024-2025, the completion of state tests - for 2026. The first delivery to customers should take place in 5.5 years, that is, at the end of 2026.

- It was reported that the LTS was designed using the scientific and technical groundwork obtained during the creation of the Su-57 aircraft under the PAK FA program, and with the widespread use of supercomputer technologies, and that in fact it is the first Russian aircraft that was fully calculated by digital methods (analogue of the advertised American approach with e-series).

- As can be judged, the LTS really widely used the design elements and systems of the Su-57, making it partly a single-engine version of the latter.

- From the characteristics of the LTS aircraft at the presentation, it was reported that it should have a speed of up to M = 1.8-2, a flight range of 3000 km, a ceiling of 16.5 km, an allowable overload of 8g, a maximum payload of 7400 kg. The chief designer of the LTS Mikhail Strelets said that the LTS "has the largest flight range for" light "aircraft and the duration of loitering when searching for a target or waiting for target designation, the highest carrying capacity."

- At the same time, the weight characteristics of the aircraft and its engine are unknown. Earlier, for a "promising single-engine fighter" it was stated that "the aircraft should have a take-off weight of no more than 18 tons ... to achieve such an indicator, the engine is a promising engine "Product
"Product 30" with an estimated thrust at the afterburner up to 18 tons. However, now at the presentation, Bulatov said that "the engine will be in the 14.5-16 t class. This engine is made on the basis of the groundwork of the United Engine Corporation, and will be even more advanced on this aircraft." From this, we can conclude that in the foreseeable future, it is planned to use some modified versions of AL-31FN engines of series 3 and 4 and / or AL-41F-1 on the LTS - and, apparently, the thrust-to-weight ratio of the aircraft will be less than one.

- The engine uses a controlled thrust vector. Statements are being made about the possibility of creating a variant of the LTS either with a vertical or with a shortened take-off and landing, although it is unclear how this can be implemented (deviations of the main engine thrust and / or installation of an additional lifting engine?).

- The aircraft is equipped with an integrated auxiliary power unit.

- The characteristic features of the appearance of the LTS is the ventral air intake, as well as the absence of tail stabilizers. At the same time, perhaps, part of their role is played by the controlled surfaces on the sides of the engine. Keely, apparently, are mimicked from the Su-57.

- The avionics of the LTS is apparently based on the avionics of the Su-57, and the radar with AFAR, presumably, will be a reduced version of the N036 radar with the Su-57 in terms of the number of modules. For the LTS radar, it is declared the possibility of simultaneous tracking of 30 air targets and firing at six of them (this is about half the previously advertised indicators for H036).

- The aircraft is designed with an open architecture, therefore, if the customer wishes, it is possible to install other equipment of Russian or foreign production on the LTS.

- At the same time, a new optical-locating station ("wide-range all-angle view system") was installed on the LTS under the fuselage, similar in its "faceted" appearance to the AAQ-40 EOTS OLS of the Lockheed Martin F-35 fighter (on the latter it is retractable) ...

- Another system, ideologically borrowed from the F-35, is the Matreshka automated logistic support system declared for LTS. Using the latest predictive analytics methods, the system will monitor the technical condition of the aircraft in real time throughout the entire life cycle. the ability to plan preventive and repair work, significantly reduce the cost and increase the efficiency of after-sales service ", - judging by the description, it looks like an analogue of the American networked technical support systems ALIS and ODIN on the F-35.

- The LTS aircraft, apparently, lacks built-in cannon armament (one more greetings from the F-35В / С). LTS Chief Designer Michal Strelets mentioned cannon armament only in the context of "suspended cannon containers" that can be installed in armament bays. The head of Rostec Chemezov also said that "the gun will be installed" in the context of the listing of the aircraft's suspended weapons with a total mass of 7400 kg.

- The main outboard armament of the LTS is located in the internal compartments. There is one large ventral armament compartment (for three air-to-air missiles or two air-to-surface missiles) and two small compartments along the sides in front (each for one air-to-air missile). Thus, the LTS is capable of carrying a maximum of five air-to-air missiles in its internal compartments. In addition, apparently, there will be four underwing external suspension units. In the internal compartments, it is possible to install additional fuel tanks.

- The RVV-SD and RVV-MD air-to-air missiles, Kh-31PD, Kh-35UE, Kh-38MLE (MTE), Kh- 58USHKE, Kh-59MK, "Grom-E1" and "Grom-E2", guided aerial bombs KAB-250LG-E, K08BE and K029BE, unguided missiles S-8 and S-13, unguided aerial bombs of calibers 100, 250 and 500 kg, and also, apparently, a hanging gun. At the presentation, one Kh-38MLE and Grom-E1 missile were placed in the ventral compartment of the exhibited sample, and the Kh-59MK and RVV-SD and RVV-MD missiles were displayed next to the aircraft.

- For the LTS serial aircraft, Chemezov declared a very low cost of the sample of $ 25-30 million. Strelets also said that the LTS "will receive seven times less cost of a flight hour" than the F-35 (now for the F-35 it is estimated at 31-33 thousand dollars).

“According to Sagittarius,“ in accordance with the wishes of the customer, the new fighter can be in a two-seat, optionally piloted and unmanned version. LTS Checkmate was laid as a platform with modular modification potential. manufacturer ". The presentation stated that "an unmanned version is being created." In turn, the head of the UAC Slyusar said that "it is planned to develop several options, including unmanned and naval versions. Ship, unmanned, two-seater. Adaptation for these versions will be with minimal changes."

- It is stated that both the manned versions of the LTS and its unmanned modifications

Neptune

Country flag
Your personality assessment is not worth 50 cents.

Consider yourself lucky that I didn't state more random facts about your mother.
You could have saved yourself of this situation by not being a fucking moron and jumping in without accessing the whole fact.

Thirdly, why did he reply me with RCS and working of radars. Was that even being discussed ( between us)? Whether the post was correct or not is immaterial here.

I don't discuss anything technically with you band of morons, as you simply aren't worth it.

And copy paste? I believe you dear. You never copy paste. Happy?

Wow such a classy and educated guy you are for ‘sparing’ me insults against my mother that happened to have passed away in a great deal of pain due to an aggressive cancer.

Do you feel good about yourself? Do you feel that brave to say such things to people in person? In any case, I wish your mother a good life with good health. Life is hard and raising a family is not easy. I’m sure your mother is a decent person that did her best with what she had.

Back to topic, interesting pics from interesting angles. I hope they will enlarge the canopy and give it a trapezoid shape on the production variant.

This picture give a good idea of size:

C3350B6E-440E-4B42-BEDD-446BDACA58FB.jpeg

I am very pleased with the design in terms of RCS. Very few gaps and seems, no horizontal stabilizers and good blending, plus all moving stabilizers instead of rudders. These design choices should achieve a RCS less then the SU-57 and better RCS then the F-22 at many angles, especially side and rear, in my opinion at least. The engine is also obscured by how deep it sits and the angle of the V-tails. I believe this was one of the reasons the YF-23 had a smaller RCS as compared to the YF-22. This should also help with IR reduction.

20B8DD3A-BC42-4B09-9663-EBFCAB1EC049.png

omaebakabaka

Wow such a classy and educated guy you are for ‘sparing’ me insults against my mother that happened to have passed away in a great deal of pain due to an aggressive cancer.

Do you feel good about yourself? Do you feel that brave to say such things to people in person? In any case, I wish your mother a good life with good health. Life is hard and raising a family is not easy. I’m sure your mother is a decent person that did her best with what she had.

Back to topic, interesting pics from interesting angles. I hope they will enlarge the canopy and give it a trapezoid shape on the production variant.

This picture give a good idea of size:

View attachment 101102

I am very pleased with the design in terms of RCS. Very few gaps and seems, no horizontal stabilizers and good blending, plus all moving stabilizers instead of rudders. These design choices should achieve a RCS less then the SU-57 and better RCS then the F-22 at many angles, especially side and rear, in my opinion at least. The engine is also obscured by how deep it sits and the angle of the V-tails. I believe this was one of the reasons the YF-23 had a smaller RCS as compared to the YF-22. This should also help with IR reduction.

View attachment 101103
The timelines are simply fantasy unless they go Soviet like defence prioritization......is the izd30 even used on su-57 serial produced aircraft yet?

Neptune

Country flag
The timelines are simply fantasy unless they go Soviet like defence prioritization......is the izd30 even used on su-57 serial produced aircraft yet?

I never gave my opinions on timelines, but yes what is floating around is optimistic but doable, I believe. As unrealistic as the timeline seems to some it actually may be possible. Many of the components of this aircraft are shared with the SU-57 such as engine (same or similar), vertical stabilizers, weapons, much of the avionics and other parts probably not seen to the naked eye.

This actually should shave development by years since a lot of the components have been designed and tested years ago extensively. Less development should offset flyaway cost too. This is clever, this aircraft barrows some components from the SU-57, meaning each part/component should be cheaper. On top of it you don’t need to build a bunch of new factories or production lines, much of that is already in place.

I was not expecting much from Sukhoi but I am very surprised. This aircraft will also have an EOTS. A lot of thought went into this, my only question is who is the foreign customer that is getting this aircraft?

lixun

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
, I think this is a stealth MIG29, I think Russia will eventually be equipped with a large number of this fighter, the most fifth-generation front-line fighter

hit&run

United States of Hindu Empire
Mod
You guys have reminded me of my posting in gynaecology ward where I did my first D&C procedure to remove someone’s unwanted Child.

Take this as warning as I have edited a lot of personal exchanges. Bans will be served and thread will be locked. Leave alone ad-hominem don’t even answer off topic posts but report them.

Best Regards.

omaebakabaka

I never gave my opinions on timelines, but yes what is floating around is optimistic but doable, I believe. As unrealistic as the timeline seems to some it actually may be possible. Many of the components of this aircraft are shared with the SU-57 such as engine (same or similar), vertical stabilizers, weapons, much of the avionics and other parts probably not seen to the naked eye.

This actually should shave development by years since a lot of the components have been designed and tested years ago extensively. Less development should offset flyaway cost too. This is clever, this aircraft barrows some components from the SU-57, meaning each part/component should be cheaper. On top of it you don’t need to build a bunch of new factories or production lines, much of that is already in place.

I was not expecting much from Sukhoi but I am very surprised. This aircraft will also have an EOTS. A lot of thought went into this, my only question is who is the foreign customer that is getting this aircraft?
Planes are built around the engine most of the time especially true in modern economic times....so it is not a surprise in that context. But it still needs software that is going to be different from su-57 as lot of things differ between single and twin and all of these aspects take time at detail level, not all components can be reused from su-57 which means time in customizing to fit the sizes and so on. So timelines are around 2030 unless they give it super priority. Has the izd 30 tested with even proto su-57 yet?

Neptune

Country flag
View attachment 101079

That angle reminds me a lot of the YF-23, although the two aircraft share little in common.

In another forum someone suggested the S-70 Sukhoi may have helped in aiding in the development and helping reduce the cost. Sukhoi certainly used their knowhow from both aircraft. So we have many mature parts/technology from the SU-57 as well as possibly (probably very likely) S-70 Okhotnik that helped in the development of this aircraft; so as I stated the earlier, development time is reduced, while overall cost is also reduced due to commonality due to established and existing production lines.

Supercomputers and CAD also played a large role. If this aircraft was designed in the 1990s and the SU-57 as well S-70 never existed then this aircraft would never materialize. It would be far too costly to develop and purchase and the development would likely take 15 years or more. This is a natural progression with nicely thought out development and competent management.

ladder

Country flag
You guys have reminded me of my posting in gynaecology ward where I did my first D&C procedure to remove someone’s unwanted Child.

Take this as warning as I have edited a lot of personal exchanges. Bans will be served and thread will be locked. Leave alone ad-hominem don’t even answer off topic posts but report them.

Best Regards.
So moderation team is happy with random responses which has nothing to do with the discussion at hand, as reply. Good, let that be a template from now on.

No wonder where we are headed.... Let me better stick to chit chat thread only.

Neptune

Country flag
Planes are built around the engine most of the time especially true in modern economic times....so it is not a surprise in that context. But it still needs software that is going to be different from su-57 as lot of things differ between single and twin and all of these aspects take time at detail level, not all components can be reused from su-57 which means time in customizing to fit the sizes and so on. So timelines are around 2030 unless they give it super priority. Has the izd 30 tested with even proto su-57 yet?

Yes it takes time to develop a new aircraft but as I stated earlier years of development has been shaved off from using existing technology from the SU-57 which took years to develop and perfect. Sukhoi already has experience with the SU-57 and S-70 Okhotnik so a lot of that know how was used. Sukhoi and other Russian firms have went through trial and error.

Unlike the old days of aircraft development supercomputers and CAD can save lots of time and money.

And yes the item 30 engine has been tested and flown on SU-57.

Haldilal

लड़ते लड़ते जीना है, लड़ते लड़ते मरना है
Country flag
Yes it takes time to develop a new aircraft but as I stated earlier years of development has been shaved off from using existing technology from the SU-57 which took years to develop and perfect. Sukhoi already has experience with the SU-57 and S-70 Okhotnik so a lot of that know how was used. Sukhoi and other Russian firms have went through trial and error.

Unlike the old days of aircraft development supercomputers and CAD can save lots of time and money.

Ya'll Nibbiars when we said that for AMCA many members some old Russian and western members laughed at us and now when the tables changed then It's different.

omaebakabaka

You are way too optimistic and over simplifying things. Nothing works at that speed or reuse level unless its China but they steal and rip off. Just thermal aspects are so complicated when physical characteristics change.....thats just ine aspect. Are the serially producing or produced Su-57's have izd 30's in them?

Neptune

Country flag
Ya'll Nibbiars when we said that for AMCA many members some old Russian and western members laughed at us and now when the tables changed then It's different.

I don’t think it’s an exact equivalent though. If AMCA is built then India can progress and develop somewhat of a parallel program like a heavy class stealth aircraft to compliment the AMCA. So far India has the Tejas which it can use some technology and know how in the AMCA. Still it’s difficult for even experienced aircraft manufacturers to develop modern aircraft.

I believe the biggest challenge in the AMCA is engines, the Kavari is very weak. India would probably have to source something else as a power-plant to be perfectly honest. Admittedly I never took the AMCA too seriously, maybe it will materialize but it’s probably over a decade away. That’s just my thoughts.

Haldilal

लड़ते लड़ते जीना है, लड़ते लड़ते मरना है
Country flag
I don’t think it’s an exact equivalent though. If AMCA is built then India can progress and develop somewhat of a parallel program like a heavy class stealth aircraft to compliment the AMCA. So far India has the Tejas which it can use some technology and know how in the AMCA. Still it’s difficult for even experienced aircraft manufacturers to develop modern aircraft.

I believe the biggest challenge in the AMCA is engines, the Kavari is very weak. India would probably have to source something else as a power-plant to be perfectly honest. Admittedly I never took the AMCA too seriously, maybe it will materialize but it’s probably over a decade away. That’s just my thoughts.
Ya'll Nibbiars my point was at the Supercomputers and CAD as you said will reduce the Fighter Jet development testing Phase. As you said for the SU 75.

Neptune

Country flag
You are way too optimistic and over simplifying things. Nothing works at that speed or reuse level unless its China but they steal and rip off. Just thermal aspects are so complicated when physical characteristics change.....thats just ine aspect. Are the serially producing or produced Su-57's have izd 30's in them?

I’m don’t believe I'm over simplifying anything. It’s evident the new Sukhoi barrows technology from the SU-57. The experience from the SU-57/S-70 programs, proven technology, availability of interchangeable parts, established production lines and modern computing will make this aircraft more affordable and aid in speeding up development.

The first serial SU-57 still does not use the new engines. They are still 1-2 years away.

Global Defence

New threads

Articles