Russian civil aviation thread

JaguarWarrior

Country flag
Chinese vassals armed with HJ-9 / Kornet 152 mm anti tank rockets.

JaguarWarrior

Country flag
It’s a four engine plane which means it costs more than the western counterparts
Four engined is safer. If two engines fail, it can still land. In the US, the president's plane called Air Force One is four engined.

Blademaster

Four engined is safer. If two engines fail, it can still land. In the US, the president's plane called Air Force One is four engined.
and look at the airlines right now. They are dumping all 4 engine planes because they cost more.

JaguarWarrior

Country flag
And the airlines are phasing 747s and A380s out.
If you care about cost then two engines is the way to go. If you care about safety then four engines is the way to go. President planes like those used by Xi are always going to be four engined because of safety priority.

Blademaster

If you care about cost then two engines is the way to go. If you care about safety then four engines is the way to go. President planes like those used by Xi are always going to be four engined because of safety priority.
Yeah and how are the aviation company gonna sustain building 4 engine planes when you only got 4 orders? You need lots of orders to make this work. Study basic economics 101 please. You are astonishingly ignorant of how aviation economics work.

JaguarWarrior

Country flag
Yeah and how are the aviation company gonna sustain building 4 engine planes when you only got 4 orders? You need lots of orders to make this work. Study basic economics 101 please. You are astonishingly ignorant of how aviation economics work.
President's planes are 4 engined even if only 1 or 2 are made. They are special aircraft with safety as priority.

Blademaster

President's planes are 4 engined even if only 1 or 2 are made. They are special aircraft with safety as priority.
Listen dumbass, i am talking about airlines not a fucking president's plane. Nobody in their right fucking mind would spend billions of dollars on a plane model that has very little orders. Presidential planes only makes for very few orders. Get it through your stupid thickhead puny brain.

JaguarWarrior

Country flag
Even the cost argument does not hold water. 787 is powered by 2 big engines. 747 is powered by 4 small engines. 2 big engines cost about the same as 4 small engines. Think F-16 and F-18. F-16 is powered by 1 big engine. F-18 is powered by 2 small engines. F-18 don't cost that much more than F-16. More engines is safer. That's why the US navy always used twin engined planes.

JaguarWarrior

Country flag
Listen dumbass, i am talking about airlines not a fucking president's plane. Nobody in their right fucking mind would spend billions of dollars on a plane model that has very little orders. Presidential planes only makes for very few orders. Get it through your stupid thickhead puny brain.
Civilians will likely use C929. The president's plane must be 4 engined.

JaguarWarrior

Country flag
This is why I prefer 4 engine planes. I'd rather pay 100 dollars more than risk my safety.

Tshering22

Sikkimese Saber
Country flag
This is why I prefer 4 engine planes. I'd rather pay 100 dollars more than risk my safety.

You didn't understand the premise of his argument. Think about this from a civilian market perspective. Russia has an incentive to buy local planes due to sanctions. But tell me, what incentive do airlines in other countries have to buy IL-96?

All modern civilian planes for passengers are twin-engined, including hundreds of airplanes ordered by Air China, China Southern, China Eastern and Cathay Pacific. All are twin-engine jets, mostly Boeing 787 and Airbus A350.

Even if Aeroflot orders 100 of these new IL-96 planes, it is not enough to justify the cost. At least 500-600 airplanes need to be sold to justify the cost of a new line. The Russian aviation market is nowhere that big to support such massive orders, meaning that UAC will have to look for exports. Embraer broke even on its E2 series only after it crossed the 400-order mark, that too on a very famous and cost-efficient airplane.

Russia has no issues flying them as they are an oil-rich nation but other countries who import these airplanes may not be that gifted.

Global Defence

New threads

Articles