New Assault Rifles for Indian Army

Which Contender`s Rifle has more chances of winning than others?

• Total voters

The Fox

after the recent new developments (Italian Beretta ARX 160, Swiss Sig Sauer,Israeli Weapons Industry (IWI) TAR 21/X95 Galil ACE Series ) is out of competition....... now what left is USA Colt and Chez 805 BREN......... and your take on this Gentlemen and ladies and if there are those in-between them ;)

W.G.Ewald

Defence Professionals/ DFI member of 2
Professional

arnabmit

Homo Communis Indus
Country flag
Source please...

after the recent new developments (Italian Beretta ARX 160, Swiss Sig Sauer,Israeli Weapons Industry (IWI) TAR 21/X95 Galil ACE Series ) is out of competition....... now what left is USA Colt and Chez 805 BREN......... and your take on this Gentlemen and ladies and if there are those in-between them ;)

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador
Source @The Fox, Czech`s 805 BREN is a good rifle..

Last edited by a moderator:

The Fox

do u need a proof to prove 1+1=2 gentlemen

IMI because it was blacklisted for another 10 years
India blacklists Israel Military Industries for 10 years - Israel News | Haaretz Daily Newspaper
Sig Sauer
Multi-crore arms deals: videos of Home Ministry, alleged kickbacks | NDTV.com
and for Italian Beretta ARX 160 please start watching the news ppl.......... do u really think Indian govt will procure any weapons after the VVIP Scandal its going to become another bofers and regarding the Marine fiasco

WMD

India blacklists Israel Military Industries for 10 years - Israel News | Haaretz Daily Newspaper
Sig Sauer
and for Italian Beretta ARX 160 please start watching the news ppl.......... do u really think Indian govt will procure any weapons after the VVIP Scandal its going to become another bofers and regarding the Marine fiasco
the 1st article which says IMI was blacklisted is of Mar.07, 2012.
but this thread was started on 20-11-12, so the question that comes to mind is if IMI was blacklisted previously then why such reports that its a contender published?
the reliability of an article from NDTV is itself in question, but its a newer article. it doesn't say anything conclusive. it says there r 4 contenders aside SIG, presumably colt,IWI,bren,Beretta.
again the NDTV article says sig sauer is an american company.
if we talk abt deteriorating ties between italy and india, then many other deals should also b affected not just the firearms deal.

arnabmit

Homo Communis Indus
Country flag
IMHO that is speculation. Let's wait for official communique from MoD and not jump to conclusions. Beretta is participating for RFP, not FMS.

Sig Sauer

Last edited:

The Fox

@WMD My friend the Sig Sauer is in the line of Bofers where the current owners are Americans but the company is Switzerland

W.G.Ewald

Defence Professionals/ DFI member of 2
Professional
@WMD My friend the Sig Sauer is in the line of Bofers where the current owners are Americans but the company is Switzerland
This is what Sig Sauer website says about ownership.

The SIG SAUER® management team is made up of experienced individuals that work together as a cohesive team to provide customers with the finest of products, training, and services in the firearms industry. The Swiss Industrial Group (SIG) sold SIGARMS® in October 2000, to Michael Lüke and Thomas Ortmeier, two German entrepreneurs. Mr. Lüke and Mr. Ortmeier, both successful in the industrial textile industry, were looking to expand into new business sectors. Their new ownership has provided SIG SAUER with a renewed sense of pride and ownership that is reflected in our commitment to our customers, suppliers and shareholders.
About Us : Management

ALBY

Section Moderator
Mod
Country flag
Source @The Fox, Czech`s 805 BREN is a good rifle..
cz805 had beaten FNscar in the rifle trials held at a european nation for its future main battle rifle.Though i dont remember which nation it is...

Damian

cz805 had beaten FNscar in the rifle trials held at a european nation for its future main battle rifle.Though i dont remember which nation it is...
Czech Republic, which obviously selected their own design for obvious reasons. ;)

I know that people that have very big knowledge about fire arms are not very enthusiastic about CZ805.

arnabmit

Homo Communis Indus
Country flag
With the new indigenization drive, any chance of this deal getting scrapped?

Though I am in love with the ARX-160, would love it even more if a new designed modular INSAS Excalibur type of rifle with 4 way p-rails are adopted instead.

SilentKiller

Country flag
So any update on which rifles will our army get atlast. @Kunal sir, i read posts and it said that by 2014 first batch of new rifles will start arriving. if its that fast then, it might be for army fastest deal.

i likes ARX-160, personal opinion as have no knowledge of guns but its video was good.

sayareakd

Mod
Country flag
i likes ARX-160, personal opinion as have no knowledge of guns but its video was good.
I like this

but this does not means that every soldier should have it. All the Military equipments are procure as per military doctrine. After our economic growth, forces have fat budget hope they spend it wisely.

Neil

Country flag
KB sir....do NSG use SG 551...??

any pics...??

Global Defence

New threads

Articles