New Assault Rifles for Indian Army

Which Contender`s Rifle has more chances of winning than others?

• Total voters

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador
1. Galil Ace >> Is like INSAS, Share AKM design easy to maintain..
2. TAR-21 >> Fired it once and liked it coz of Bull-pup design..

AshutoshNSingh

1. Galil Ace >> Is like INSAS, Share AKM design easy to maintain..
2. TAR-21 >> Fired it once and liked it coz of Bull-pup design..
tar-21 is my personal fav. Like Galil ACE too for the same reasons. Will make our soldiers 'ACE' shooters. :)

Last edited:

kshkumsin

well i heard many of u say that we should stick with insas but even US army is using imported products like Beretta 92 and their modernisation program includes foreign manufacturers even arx 160 so why this vintage ideology

Bhadra

Professional
Country flag
well i heard many of u say that we should stick with insas but even US army is using imported products like Beretta 92 and their modernisation program includes foreign manufacturers even arx 160 so why this vintage ideology
US has no DPSUs and DODOs nor do they have ingenious fever gripping them fatally. They worry more of their economics.

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador
Its not about vintage but what is good for us, M4/M16 suits them better and there are national reasons too, Same here..

kshkumsin

Its not about vintage but what is good for us, M4/M16 suits them better and there are national reasons too, Same here..
well then let us do away with national reasons.when even US is moving on from m16 so should we with our insas.I believe ARX 160 would be good plus we can modify it easily.

t_co

well then let us do away with national reasons.when even US is moving on from m16 so should we with our insas.I believe ARX 160 would be good plus we can modify it easily.
Part of the reason the US can afford to move on from domestic manufacturers without substantial effects on its small arms manufacturing capacity is because US civilians buy huge amounts of weapons (8.8 guns for every 10 American adults). INSAS doesn't have that 'subsidy'.

JBH22

Re: INSAS Rifle, LMG & Carbine

Infantry battalion structure.
I came across these figures on Bharat Rakshak surprisingly no mention of Heavy Machineguns inspite the fact that OFB produces the NSV Hmg.

Note that as per these figures an IA battalion has around 900 troops

AUTHORISED EQUIPMENT - BATTALION LEVEL:
Rifles 697
Light Machine Guns 40
9mm Sub-Machine Guns 128
Pistols 61
81mm Mortar ?
30mm AGS-17 ?
84mm Carl Gustav ?
2" Mortar 10
3" Mortar 8
Sig Pistol 20
75mm RCL 4

Bharat Rakshak :: Land Forces Site - Infantry Battalion Structure

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador
Galil ace, Shorter barrel with AK mag and round in..

The Fox

Galil ace, Shorter barrel with AK mag and round in..

hey kunal is it me or does this weapon looks like a AK i did see a documentary about guns designed by Israel and they in the documentary say that the Galil AR is in fact two weapons AK and FN FAL which they used in the previous battles.................... they took the advantage of FN FAL and the AK and converted into this

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador
Its just like INSAS, Firing mechanism is like AK and Gas system from FAL..

hey kunal is it me or does this weapon looks like a AK i did see a documentary about guns designed by Israel and they in the documentary say that the Galil AR is in fact two weapons AK and FN FAL which they used in the previous battles.................... they took the advantage of FN FAL and the AK and converted into this

The Fox

Its just like INSAS, Firing mechanism is like AK and Gas system from FAL..
then why the hell the indian govt is going for the gun which is same as the one that it is replacing it....................... crazy dudes are there at MOD i guess

Global Defence

New threads

Articles