MMRCA news and discussions.

Whats your Choice for the MMRCA Contest?

• Gripen

Votes: 5 4.9%
  • F16 IN

Votes: 1 1.0%
  • F18 SH

Votes: 8 7.8%
  • Mig 35

Votes: 24 23.3%
  • Dassault Rafale

Votes: 45 43.7%
  • Eurofighter Typhoon

Votes: 20 19.4%

• Total voters

ppgj

You have made this up,didn't you. HAL doesn't have the capability to develop anything by themself. To the max. HAL may assemble by looking at blue prints.
what do you have to say about ALH Dhruv?

AJSINGH

Singh, please read the full article from where you have copied the piece. It clearly says that the Zhuk AE radar is compariable to 1st generation American AESA Radar. As a matter of fact Mig-35 is not yet fully developed but under development. Finally there is no big deal in getting radar signature for a radar. As you know radars emit radio waves and every radio wave has a unique frequency. On this frequency the signature is found out. What matter most is ECM and ECCM capability.
if you say that getting Radar signature is no big deal then why did not IAF use Su 30MKI N010 BARS radar in Red flag excercise because they did not want USA To know the signature
getting to know the radar signature is not easy as you think it is . Plus even if ZHUK ASEA radar is equal to first generation US radar , so what , second version is already in testing phase will not take long to come into active service
another fact when India bought Mig 29 in 1985 , it was still in development stage (infact we were the first foreign customer) so Mig 29 turned to be very good , " under development " does not hold much weight .anyway by the time Mig 35 will come for trails it will developed enough . BTW Mig 35 has weather radar to in it which IAF wants

AJSINGH

LM is ready to customize SV.
The only reason MKI EW Suite was modified because it wa7 not upto mark.
SV is outdated anyway , USAF is itself phasing out SV , because of the same reason USAF is not upgrading its exsisting F-16
p

natarajan

If usa is ready to give naval version jsf with a medium sized carrier then we can go for sh:2guns:

AJSINGH

I wouldn't say the same regaring HAL. As per my knowledge HAL is not involved in any research nor does it has its own R&D unit.
The thing i said is quoted from an retired IAF official.
By the way i directly learned to drive car and never rode a bi/tri-cycle.
well then you are wrong , if u must know the upgrades of Mig 27 were done by HAL , and u really think it does now and R&D unit , well in Bnaglore they have test flight centre where i have seen number of LCA flight test , so HAL is ver much interested to do the upgrades of HAL , it gives opurtunity for indeginious system ,

Dark Sorrow

Respected Member
AJSingh,
I have not claimed something by my own, everything i said is quoted from the website from where you copy pasted the article.
HAL doesnot have a R&D unit, all R&D is done either by DRDO or ADA or NAL.
The Mig-27 upgrade's R&D was not developed by HAL but implemented similarly MKI's upgrade were developed DRDO and sister organiation and the jet is manufactured by HAL.

AJSINGH

AJSingh,
I have not claimed something by my own, everything i said is quoted from the website from where you copy pasted the article.
HAL doesnot have a R&D unit, all R&D is done either by DRDO or ADA or NAL.
The Mig-27 upgrade's R&D was not developed by HAL but implemented similarly MKI's upgrade were developed DRDO and sister organiation and the jet is manufactured by HAL.
by going by your statement , then Yankee aircraft R&D is not done by either LM or boeing , the components are developed by lot of seprate companys , engine for GE , avioincs from EADS etc etc , no single company does the R&D of any aircraft from scratch , so safely we can say that HAL has done upgrades with the hell of DRDO and other facilities

Dark Sorrow

Respected Member
by going by your statement , then Yankee aircraft R&D is not done by either LM or boeing , the components are developed by lot of seprate companys , engine for GE , avioincs from EADS etc etc , no single company does the R&D of any aircraft from scratch , so safely we can say that HAL has done upgrades with the hell of DRDO and other facilities
You have gone ballastic over this. Stop comparing HAL to EADS, LM and Boeing, these are all class apart companies. As a matter of fact Boeing operates is a cluster of seperate companies with Boeing as the parent or the main stake holding company. Now there are seperate company for manufacturing planes, manufacturing missiles, etc. The research itself is done by seperate company. All global companies operate in similar fashion. If you know any good mangagment guy ask him why they operate such fashion but you don't find any such guy then feel free to PM me as don't want to detract the discussion. I would reply you as early as possible.

AJSINGH

You have gone ballastic over this. Stop comparing HAL to EADS, LM and Boeing, these are all class apart companies. As a matter of fact Boeing operates is a cluster of seperate companies with Boeing as the parent or the main stake holding company. Now there are seperate company for manufacturing planes, manufacturing missiles, etc. The research itself is done by seperate company. All global companies operate in similar fashion. If you know any good mangagment guy ask him why they operate such fashion but you don't find any such guy then feel free to PM me as don't want to detract the discussion. I would reply you as early as possible.
the basic principle remains the same . weather it is some rotten company or company like boeing, btw you started this , u know the fact that HAL does R&D , you did not agree . plus why are we even having this conversation when it is not about HAL

arya

Country flag
hi

sir i think rafale is the best fighter for India
as GOI need other 40-50 planes we can go for mig 35

why we are wasting the time we can order for 40-50 mig 35 planes

as we all know mmrca will take its time and we have to increase the speed of modernization of our force we can not ignore the china airforce

jjai hind

ppgj

hi

sir i think rafale is the best fighter for India
as GOI need other 40-50 planes we can go for mig 35

why we are wasting the time we can order for 40-50 mig 35 planes

as we all know mmrca will take its time and we have to increase the speed of modernization of our force we can not ignore the china airforce

jjai hind
MIG 35s have not been productionised as yet. only upon india's commitment they go into production. and that can only happen when the trial of mrca is over, may be in a year or so.

s_bman

i would not like to see mig 35 with iaf ........as russians are very good at keeping there delivery schedule i would be really surprised if they deliver a squad before 2016 , this would defeat the very purpose of mmrca ,besides there is nothing new we would be gaining which we dont have from mki and fgfa pgms ,this is mere an attempt to sweeten the deal

AJSINGH

Raytheon, the U.S. company that manufactures radars for the F-18 fighter, has already said it would only transfer “limited” technology “up to the level the U.S. government allows us.”

This means America’s European competitors in the MMRCA tender will also face restrictions on the transfer of technologies sourced from U.S. companies.

Russia is the only bidder which does not depend on the U.S. for any aircraft technologies, including the radar.

That was from the link The Hindu : Front Page : Russia ready to help India build its own advanced radar

so " limited technology " i guess those aircraft will be rejected in the TOT round

arya

Country flag
right sir

MIG 35s have not been productionised as yet. only upon india's commitment they go into production. and that can only happen when the trial of mrca is over, may be in a year or so.
hi

yes you are right sir then we can go for su35 or su 47 this is a critical time
we need usa for long term and we can not loss Russia

this is not just a fighter deal this deal show where India want to go and Russia is just looking very sharply

we cant not buy f16 or f18 because of usa but we can buy 128 raflae planes

and 40- 50 planes we can take su 35 or su 47 its need for our airforce we must have to make our force more advance

jai hind

Articles