LOC, LAC & IB warfare

Status
Not open for further replies.
Country flag
what do you think about, For long time china not having real war scenarios experiences as pakistan and india indulge in facing bullets day and night in PoK, If not manpower support at border they might be supporting from backgrounds in providing equipments and supplies, including medium and long range fire, combined use of strategies, satellites
If they really start offensive march i guess the front wave will consist of only pakistani troops later one with the ally

sikkim stand off cant be compared with POK coz the severeness of weapons used in this side of the border, if chinese take up this strategy they are literally Inherit the War with the strategy. so if china takes this way they will go full on with war and would have plans 3 steps forward.
China has supplied nuclear weapons to Pakistan the scenario you describe is happening currently and it will not make a difference.

Flame Thrower

Read about the battle for hamburger hill and how difficult it is to take a hill from low ground

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Similar to 1967 and 87 weapon systems...

In other words, weapon systems like PLA rocket artillery is missing. Countering Rocket Artillery is very difficult (Prahar & Air Strikes (air Strikes are risky gamble) might be the only option(s) to strike PLA rocket artillery, when they are on move.). Rocket Artillery can cause havoc and strike fear in the infantry force.

This begs another question... Do we have enough Prahars to stop PLA rocket artillery.

Even a amateur like me could figure that PLA Rocket Artillery problem needs to be addressed. I bet our generals might have trick(s) up their sleeves to address it. Otherwise they wouldn't have escalated.

But it still is an irresistible itch(i.e. to identify a way to handle PLA rocket artillery) to me. I'd think of something to address the issue and put forth for your review. Please bear with me and point out all the faults...

Thus I rest my case.

HindaviSwarajya

Country flag
See I told u this is where it is going in my previous posts but people called me a closet Paki, Zaid Hamid supporter and what not. I have total faith in prophetic Hindu literature and moreover end of kaliyuga which heralds a brutal fight of kalki , the leader of Hindus and Jins (Chinese) and malecchas (muslims) is now not some 432000 years from now because the vedic calendar and gregorian calendar have different scalar coordinates.
See Bhavishya puran has been modified a lot and lot of things have been induced very late. Infact I believe in all purans and am skeptical about bhavishya puran. I am telling based on people who are very high on adhatyama. Anyways Hinduism will establish itself firmly. I do not think we will be defeated. Current stand off cant say. Lets see who comes correct.

lcafanboy

Country flag
Sikkim standoff: China's border disputes with 18 nations leaves it vulnerable, India could be David to this Goliath

IndiaBikram VohraJul, 10 2017 13:54:21 IST

#China#Doka la plateau#India#India-china relation#Inmyopinion#Sikkim border#Sikkim border dispute#War of 1962

If India and China have a war, the most pointless part is to ask "who will win". Nobody can win a war of such magnitude these days and it does not matter who has more guns or ships or planes. The fact is that the spoils of a war would be impossible to bear and the taking care in the absurd scenario of a defeat of one by the other of a billion prisoners would destroy the victor in double quick time.

Consequently, while there may be skirmishes at the border and a great deal of needling even with casualties the confrontation in capsule stays equal and India even has the edge. There is no all-out scenario so it is an utter waste of time to debate it like it was a soccer match. My-daddy-is-bigger-than-your-daddy is not on the cards.

As a country, we do have problems but there is an upbeat mood and Indian military's morale is no longer that of 1962. China is well aware that Indian troops are well-armed and well-positioned. By that measure China's own military is unwieldy and currently integral to the problems being faced by the country as a whole, paramount among them a fear of losing the global market that it dominates in imitation, making Taiwan a pale contender.

In fact, more than the guns and ships, it is the bruising of the bottom line that is India's big weapon and with China now facing massive corruption, a huge ageing population and disputes on the borders with 18 nations, it is got more than just an Achilles heel. The weak spots range from Japan over the Senkaku and Ryukyu islands, Vietnam over the Spratly islands and parts of the archipelagos in the South China sea, North Korea over Jiando and The Philippines over Scarborough Shoal.

Besides it is also confrontational with Malaysia and Brunei over the Spratly islands, with Tajikistan and Mongolia in toto and Cambodia as an historically integral part of China.

That gives us an idea of the stress Beijing feels on its diplomatic front. Now, let's not be naïve. China still has the potential to live out the words of Napoleon: let her sleep for she is a dragon and if she wakes her roar will shake the world. But this would have been a lot easier in another time and space.

Still not on the cutting edge of technology and behind on its cyber space capacity, China is as vulnerable to cyber hacking and jamming as anyone else if not more because of its size. Beneath the bravado is a certain tangible concern about its size being its weakness in an economic war. Remember David and Goliath, well India has a lot more than the slingshot of 55 years ago.

A file image of a Chinese soldier at the border in Nathu La pass in Sikkim. Getty images

In 2015 the US-China Economic and Security Review Commission (USCC) issued a rather telling research paper.

To quote: "The authors divide Chinese military's weaknesses into two broad categories: institutional and combat capabilities. Institutional problems arise from rampant corruption, outdated command structures, the quality of personnel, and lack of professionalism. The weakness in combat capabilities is due to "an incomplete military transformation," which produced logistical weaknesses, insufficient strategic airlift capabilities, limited numbers of special-mission aircraft, and deficiencies in naval air defense and antisubmarine warfare.

The paper also lists shortcomings in other domains such as space and cyberspace. In addition, China's defense industry is also allegedly suffering from widespread corruption and is in the middle of a "transition from central planning to a more market-oriented system."

If we use these sentiments as the background for the current media hype in China, we notice the fissures. Calling on the country to unite against India, hectoring the soldiers to be professional and chiding the nation to be of one mind the influential Global Times said, "We call on Chinese society to maintain high-level unity on the issue. The more unified the Chinese people are, the more sufficient conditions the professionals will have to fight against India and safeguard our interests. This time, we must teach New Delhi a bitter lesson."

Notice that India has no need to summon its people with a clarion call.

They are already there. In between the lines and again, without downplaying the Chinese might, reflected in the media exhortation there is a reluctant civil and military society that would rather attack the plagues of unemployment, water shortage and a threat to the economy with a possible fresh devaluation than pick up arms against India for a tract of land and nothing at the end of the massive blood sacrifice.

So, let's get over that 1962 hang up that China keeps referring to because that was a political war and badly handled. That will not happen again. Beijing is well aware of that. This time, whether in short bursts or over a long period, it will be army versus army and the Chinese are untried and not battle inoculated.

So, while there is no need to oversell ourselves there is no reason to be that aware of the dragon's breath. Puff and it could go away…into the autumn mist.

http://www.firstpost.com/india/sikk...a-could-be-david-to-this-goliath-3796261.html

Tarun Kumar

War would be totally futile. We should look for a mutually acceptable compromise, but if Chinese are working according to a plan to humiliate India then war it will be.

Mikesingh

Professional
Country flag
We have a huge weapon that we can use, WTO or no WTO. We have a huge trade deficit with China amounting to nearly $50 billion most of which is going toward the CPEC. Our imports from China are over $43 billion. We need to exponentially increase import duties on all Chinese goods so that imports from this communist country are reduced or stopped. This is going to hurt the Chinese where it matters in a big way.

vinuzap

and this indian money chinki is using to threaten india

its time to get there balls squeezed from all the angles

during kargil earlier version of pinaka has done maximum damage and its advance version pinaka Mark II (block II) is enough to chinese rocket artillery

Last edited:

Mikesingh

Professional
Country flag
125 crore Indians support Free Tibet: BJP leader Koshiyari on China's Kashmir barb

A day after a Chinese expert called for military intervention by China in Jammu and Kashmir on the behalf of Pakistan, senior BJP leader BS Koshiyari has said that "Indians support independence of Tibet".

Veteran BJP leader and former Uttarakhand Chief Minister Bhagat Singh Koshyari has raised the issue of independence of Tibet from China saying every Indian is in support of the idea. An old RSS hand, Koshyari is an avid supporter of Tibetan independence from China.

Koshiyari's remark has come a day after a Chinese strategic expert advocated that China should prepare for military intervention in Jammu and Kashmir on the behalf of Pakistan as response to what China considers as India's illegal presence in Bhutan in Doklam region.

Koshiyari said, the 125 crore people of India are one with the people of Tibet in their struggle for freedom from Chinese oppression and will support them for as long as it takes for Tibet to become independent."

'CHINA DESTROYING TIBETAN CULTURE'

Talking to India Today in Agra today, Koshyari said "The tendency of China is like the demons of the past. Its symbol is the dragon and like a dragon, China is oppressing and decimating the native Tibetans to establish its stronghold in the region."

Koshiyari further said, "China has destroyed over 6,000 monasteries in Tibet and is hell-bent on destroying the Tibetan culture. The Tibetan women are being forced to marry Han Chinese men so that they lose their ethnic identity."

http://indiatoday.intoday.in/story/...ibet-bs-koshiyari-china-kashmir/1/998663.html

So we've finally responded and how! Though it's not an official statement by the government of India, I'm sure the PTBs and rag tabloids like Global Times have got the message with this befitting riposte.

In other words, our message is loud and clear. Don't mess with us!

Last edited:

Bhoot Pishach

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
125 crore Indians support Free Tibet: BJP leader Koshiyari on China's Kashmir barb

A day after a Chinese expert called for military intervention by China in Jammu and Kashmir on the behalf of Pakistan, senior BJP leader BS Koshiyari has said that "Indians support independence of Tibet".

Veteran BJP leader and former Uttarakhand Chief Minister Bhagat Singh Koshyari has raised the issue of independence of Tibet from China saying every Indian is in support of the idea. An old RSS hand, Koshyari is an avid supporter of Tibetan independence from China.

Koshiyari's remark has come a day after a Chinese strategic expert advocated that China should prepare for military intervention in Jammu and Kashmir on the behalf of Pakistan as response to what China considers as India's illegal presence in Bhutan in Doklam region.

Koshiyari said, the 125 crore people of India are one with the people of Tibet in their struggle for freedom from Chinese oppression and will support them for as long as it takes for Tibet to become independent."

Talking to India Today in Agra today, Koshyari said "The tendency of China is like the demons of the past. Its symbol is the dragon and like a dragon, China is oppressing and decimating the native Tibetans to establish its stronghold in the region."

Koshiyari further said, "China has destroyed over 6,000 monasteries in Tibet and is hell-bent on destroying the Tibetan culture. The Tibetan women are being forced to marry Han Chinese men so that they lose their ethnic identity."

http://indiatoday.intoday.in/story/...ibet-bs-koshiyari-china-kashmir/1/998663.html

So we've finally responded and how! Though it's not an official statement by the government of India, I'm sure the PTBs and rag tabloids like Global Times have got the message with this befitting riposte.

This is going Hilarious now!!!!

India is just making fun of china, like anything.

This Gujju Bhai will definitely force the china TO EAT "DHOKLA" .

:rofl::pound::lol::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Brood Father

Country flag

I have heard him speak when i was in college.. He usually walks the talk.. A very good leader where i come from

Hiranyaksha

Country flag

BS Koshiyari is not just a veteran BJP leader but he is also member of RSS. Further this statement should not have come through any office bearer or any active politician. This statement has come through right channels, striking the right chord.

Suryavanshi

Cheeni KLPDhokebaaz
Any idea how much time and numbers would it take to bomb the whole Pakistan navy?
Are Navy vessels docked in Gwadar?

Hiranyaksha

Country flag
I have heard him speak when i was in college.. He usually walks the talk.. A very good leader where i come from
I don't know much about RSS but I have heard some really positive stuff for these guys when it comes to social welfare and honesty such as they taking stand against social evils and corruption. Not really sure what is the truth, Though they are delusional about some Akhand Bharat and they dress funny.

square

Strategic Issues
Any idea how much time and numbers would it take to bomb the whole Pakistan navy?
Are Navy vessels docked in Gwadar?
if you search the web you will get that IAF has identify 5000 targets in pakistan which fully neutralise it .......

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador
Lucky, All of our small arm, mortars in majority are Indian origin so does ammunition, Our artillery backbone is also India so does the ammunition, The logistic fleet of Army too is of Indian origin and spares are made in India, Let it be air or ground, Our Command, Control, Communication and computer so does Satellite are Indian, These are the things will be used mostly in any form of battle ..

=======

Do you have any grasp of situation of inducting a new system and making a ecosystem where it can adapt, time & cost ?

Let me provide you a example, It took 5-6 years to make a ecosystem for SA-13 after its induction, This include infrastructure for storage both missiles and vehicle spares, training both operating and maintenance, Making logistics for that specific system which is does not share spares with any-other type, It does not matter how efficient a weapon is, But its should work under condition on first place ..

When talking China and India, Consider their own organic defense industry muscle power, Indian is far behind but at least basic gear is Indian and manufacture in India and on which we are confident to defend this country ..

Considering most of our weapon systems are of foreign origin we need steady supply of replacements,ammunitions and fresh stocks to replace depleted reserves and destroyed equipment.

Also if the US and NATO keeps supplying us it will be a signal to China which side of the fence NATO sits.

sorcerer

Country flag
After "fake news" jibe, Congress admits Rahul Gandhi met Chinese ambassador

Read more at:
http://economictimes.indiatimes.com...ofinterest&utm_medium=text&utm_campaign=cppst

of all the people in this world chinese got this dunce!!
congies are already certified traitors of this land.

chinese must have played it well..but the congress slipped as usual denying it first then confiming it.
Downplaying the meetings, Congress spokesperson Randeep Surjewala called them a "courtesy call" and said "envoys of neighbouring countries" met Congress president Sonia Gandhi and the vice-president from "time to time".
if its a TIME TO TIME meeting then why deny it first?!!!???!!! and why in an UNDISCLOSED location, the so called meeting was held!!???!!

it only confirms the matter that congress are traitors of the land.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Global Defence

New threads

Articles