LOC, LAC & IB skirmishs

Status
Not open for further replies.

square

Strategic Issues
I deserted PDF in 2009 itself after 10 days of joining, and I found this video in Youtube when I was watching random videos in various topics for time - pass.
i had seen patanjali add running now a days on pdf !!

prasadr14

PrasadReddy
hope you've heard of Malacca straights.
As long as India controls Malacca, it has China by it's b@lls.
Any extras by China anywhere in the north will be met with swift response in Malacca.

China for all it's bluster will loose any war with India due to Malacca. It's an absolute god send for Indians.

IndianHawk

Country flag
The Chicoms have an upper hand as they have deep pockets and thus can buy the loyalty of smaller countries like Nepal.
When the war starts chicoms will be firing directly at gorkhas. We'll see how much loyalty Nepalese show then and to whome.

captscooby81

Country flag
Whaaat the faaak.. these Chinis have no moustache no beard pigs making fun on indians...what is the shit she is talking about my compound my home my garden ...wallah if chinks have used this level of propaganda for just standoff ..I won't be surprised the day they start war we will have to literally face tsunami of Videos like these ..they may even claim victory before even the war ends classic Psy ops by the 50 cents ..

Sayvun seeens of Aiindyaaa

Last edited:

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador
GR consist of 98% Indian northeastern & Indian gorkhas and not Nepali ..

Many of the crucial areas at LAC are held by them only and given to them purposefully ..

Don`t speak ill about them, They are pride of Indian Army ..

When the war starts chicoms will be firing directly at gorkhas. We'll see how much loyalty Nepalese show then and to whome.

Krusty

Country flag

Many of the crucial areas at LAC are held by them only and given to them purposefully ..

Sir I think @IndianHawk meant it as Chinese would be directly firing at the bretheren of Nepalese in case action starts...

He was questioning the stand of Nepal. Atleast that's what I understood.

Last edited:

Screambowl

Ghanta Senior Member?
Country flag
Nepal is a sovereign state who is India to force it's authority on Nepal? Yes , India is a neighbour and there are cordial relation and historic relations with Nepal, but you cannot blame Nepal for their stand.

Chinese are provoking Bhutanese that they are slaves of India. They want to spoil India Bhutan relations.

Similar is the case with Nepal. But in Nepal there has been maoist government. How it reached there, well through India only. So India has to introspect first. Here Indian leaders are themselves shameless and say China and Pakistan are no bigger threat than RSS. You cannot hold them responsible and apprehend them for such lose talk why would Nepal obey you?

Sir I think @IndianHawk meant it as Chinese would be directly firing at bretheren of Nepalese in case action starts...

IndianHawk

Country flag

@Krusty explained what I meant.

The point is Chinese money can buy influence in Nepal for sure but only upto a certain extent. Nepal India relationship is that of family bonds. Half of Nepalese families relatives may be Indian citizen . This is specially true for madhesi people.

When India is hurt Nepal will reel with pain and anger. Chinese are stupid if they can't understand this.

Mikesingh

Professional
Country flag
what about a air attack , by air attack i mean , rockets , fighter planes and missiles....
If you're meaning their air and missile attacks, we have adequate means to counter it. Remember, we have hardened shelters for our fighters in all our forward airbases unlike the PLAAF who don't! Their aircraft will be sitting ducks on their forward airfields in Tibet.

Secondly, their aircraft loud-outs will have to be considerably reduced due to the altitude of their airfields in contrast to our fighters that can take off with full load of weapons and fuel. And then surface-to-surface missiles/rockets fired from long distances are not very accurate in mountains unless one's defences are on the forward slopes which is not the case where we are concerned.

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador
In that case, I miss understood ..

=========================

Sir I think @IndianHawk meant it as Chinese would be directly firing at the bretheren of Nepalese in case action starts...

@Krusty explained what I meant.

The point is Chinese money can buy influence in Nepal for sure but only upto a certain extent. Nepal India relationship is that of family bonds. Half of Nepalese families relatives may be Indian citizen . This is specially true for madhesi people.

When India is hurt Nepal will reel with pain and anger. Chinese are stupid if they can't understand this.

Screambowl

Ghanta Senior Member?
Country flag

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador
1. First, Find out location of PLAAF bases close to India ..

2. Then find out what kind of logistic support these bases have ..

3. Then find out, what kind of aircraft can operate from these bases and their positive and negative point with respect to terrain ..

4. Find out what kind of conventional weapon can be used against these bases and their logistic chain ..

===========>>

PLAAF has full capacity to launch its own operation in north-eastern India, Where as Gorakpur to Delhi and other airbases are in range of their land and air cruise missiles which can be mounted on bombers for long range attacks ..

In case war broke out the priority targets are runways, Fuel dumps and ammunition dumps, PLAAF could be in trouble if their aircraft are parked in open, Aircraft strikes that far are not feasible, only cruise missiles and conventional BM can reach that far, They have good SAM cover around those airbases also ..

PLAAF have 10 bases 3000m above sea level and more bases on 1500m above sea level at TAR, this was during 2012, The main operation though will be played along with its eastern airbases for countering our northeastern airbases, Nepal and Burma both will be into cross fire ..

=================================

Couple of things should be in mind before getting on conclusions ..

PLAAF Airfields and logestics

The TAR spans the mentioned MDs of the two MRs which are opposite India. There are 14 Military airbases in these two regions and 28 civil Airports alone in Chengdu makes total 32 airbases from where PLAAF can launch air operations from Chandu only. The established bases are Hoping, Bangda, Shiquanhe, Bayixincun (in central Tibet opposite AP) and Kongka. There are two airfields in Lhasa Prefecture, airfields at Shannan, XIgaze and additional four that can be made operational quickly. Many have runways of 4000m length and their average altitude is 4000m. At these altitudes, both the aeroplane and fliers are affected, their performance curves dropping quite sharply with altitude. Chinese airfields have revetted parking areas, typically a few dozen in number. Generally, the parking areas of these large revetments are about two dozen meters across, and each is capable of accommodating two or three aircraft. Thus, a typical airbase can sustain two or three Air Regiments, and between 50 and 100 aircraft.

Thus, PLAAF will have to position the necessary supplies, FOL and other manpower and material from the mainland in order to sustain operations here. This build up will take time and can be easily monitored, giving Indian forces the necessary warning to react. A major international airfield has been constructed at Nyingchi in SE TAR which is less than 20 kms from the Arunachal border.

The most strike fighter and logistical aircraft will be placed behind burma and near Chengdu in the north east, China in all likelihood would base her strike elements in relatively secure locations well beyond the ROA of the IAF strike forces. The advantages of air to air refueling accruing to the PLAAF would degrade the effectiveness of IAF counter air operations. This would show up as a serious limitation for the IAF strike forces, As we know PLAAF is making 11 more Airbases in tibet area, this will ensure the safety of the PLAAF strike force, Equipping these newly formed Airbases in tibet is easier coz of new railway lines, As logistics are now ferried in huge by trains, besides trains their is road and Air for transportation for logistical support, therefore no problems i terms of logistics, But in event of war these Railway lines are good target for IAF strike forces..

==================================

http://www.thehindu.com/news/international/article553831.ece

In mid summer, a train loaded with important combat readiness materials of the Air Force of the Chinese People's Liberation Army (PLA) got to the destination safely via the Qinghai-Tibet Railway.

According to a leader of the Military Transportation Department of the Logistics Department of the PLA Air Force, this is the first time for his Military Transportation Department to organize combat readiness materials to be transported to Tibet by railway since the Qinghai-Tibet Railway opened to traffic, symbolizing a new improvement of the military transportation capacity of the PLA Air Force in combat support.

As the average altitude of the Qinghai-Tibet Railway is above 4,000 meters, the transport guards are apt to cause altitude reaction sickness. To ensure the safety of the transportation, the Military Transportation Department of the PLA Air Force dispatched personnel to command in the forefront and follow the whole transportation process as well as participate in reinforcing, binding and inspecting materials on the way.

To ensure transportation safety of important combat readiness materials, the officers and men of the Military Transportation Department of the PLA Air Force immediately examine the safety state of the train each time when the train stops at the stations along the Qinghai-Tibet Railway. They also persist in summing up experience after traveling for some distance, so as to adjust and improve the preplans for the following actions. During the stop process of the train, the security sentinels always keep a close watch, so as to ensure the important combat readiness materials to be transported to the destination safely.

The rail link which begins at Golmud and goes up to Lhasa, completed in 2006, adds a new dimension to Chinese build up in TAR. There are plans to extend the rail network up to the Tibetan town of Dromo, which is near Nathu La in Sikkim. The Karakoram highway is to be widened to 30m from its present 10m to permit heavy vehicles to negotiate this route. While superficially meant to augment the carrying capacity from Karachi port into China, the military implications are obvious.

==============
==============

PLAAF for the surveillance Radar in Tibet.

Radar Cover – Two Radar Regiments (RRs) have been deployed by PLAAF for the surveillance of Tibet and South Xinjiang region. These regiments cover the flights from the mainland and monitor Indian air activities along the Sino- Indian border. Medium and high level cover in TAR is fairly good. Considering the elevated locations of the PLAAF radars, it is quite likely that movement of Indian strike aircraft may be picked up well before they enter Tibet air space.

ECRIEE / CETC JYL-1 Long-range 3D Air Defence Radar

The JYL-1 radar is carried in the 2004 CRIA listing of Chinese indigenous products.The JYL-1 is a long-range 3D surveillance radar typical of those assets that might be found in a modern air defence network.

It functions in the E/F-band region and might be used as either a military or commercial asset for air traffic control and management purposes.

CETC YLC-18 High Mobility Medium Range Low Altitude 3D Radar

This is a two-vehicle convoy, high mobility, medium-range, low-altitude 3D radar announced by CETC in June 2007 at Singapore.

The reported system features are excellent low-altitude performance with high measurement accuracy, strong ECCM capability.

In view of its 3D capability and potential to control aircraft and surface-to-air weapons, its likely frequency cover is shown, which is within the ITU regulated bands.

Besides having Surveillance Radars PLAAF and PLA deployed SAM radars which have range of 150-200kms..

Iwe have adequate means to counter it. Remember, we have hardened shelters for our fighters in all our forward airbases unlike the PLAAF who don't! Their aircraft will be sitting ducks on their forward airfields in Tibet.

Secondly, their aircraft loud-outs will have to be considerably reduced due to the altitude of their airfields in contrast to our fighters that can take off with full load of weapons and fuel. And then surface-to-surface missiles/rockets fired from long distances are not very accurate in mountains unless one's defences are on the forward slopes which is not the case where we are concerned.

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador
@bengalraider view on subject is much appreciated, I am copying his post from this thread : http://defenceforumindia.com/forum/threads/debate-countering-the-plaaf.58821/

======================
======================

Let me elaborate a possible strategy on what Kunal has said and try to keep this post to facts, i believe there is only so much we can do if there is a major Indo-china conflict within the next 4-5 years.This post does not take into account a possible BM strike on Delhi .

1) Move all or most of the rumored 6-10 S-300 class systems we are supposed to currently possess from acting as a BM shield for the NCR and retask them to provide aircover for strategically important airbases like Bagdogra ,Agra and Kalaikunda.Use the green pines to provide a long range birds eye view into china.

2) Move at least one and if possible two of the deployed BRAHMOS LACM regiments one each to the NE and Kashmir.

3)Infiltrate the SFF into TIbet and use it to disrupt operations at PLAAF airbases by using light mortars to bomb airbases from safe distances away and if possible use manpads against transport aircraft leaving or arriving.

4)Move as many Sukhois into protected safe bases as possible while deploying other aircraft like the Mig-21's to CAP roles above cities and other bases.

5)try and use diplomatic options like having the Japanese rattle their spears a bit more to make the Chinese keep substantial numbers of aircraft focused on Taiwan and japan.

At the moment we simply do not have an option of hitting Chinese assets inside the TAR using aircraft, simply put there are way too many S-300 class systems deployed as an Iron wall to deter our aircraft, the only way i see is to have the IAF play a defensive role protecting Indian assets while we use sytems like the Harpy and Harop to try and damage/destroy as many Chinese air defenses as we can only when we have created an ingress route can we begin to take the offense in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles