LOC, LAC & IB skirmishs

Status
Not open for further replies.

airtel

Country flag
Iam talking about this
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Weishi_Rockets
they are rocket arty mrlb with 300km plus range

these Rockets are not very accurate .........and will not be Much useful in Mountain warfare if we are defending and already built Good Bunkers .........

soldiers will just stay inside the Bunkers and destroy all the Roads so they will not be able to use tanks or armored Vehicles .

soldiers can create Multiple traps and create landslides to stop their armored vehicles .

so ultimately it will be soldier vs soldier Fight ..........and small weapons will used .

Screambowl

Ghanta Senior Member?
Country flag
these Rockets are not very accurate .........and will not be Much useful in Mountain warfare if we are defending and already built Good Bunkers .........

soldiers will just stay inside the Bunkers and destroy all the Roads so they will not be able to use tanks or armored Vehicles .

soldiers can create Multiple traps and create landslides to stop their armored vehicles .

so ultimately it will be soldier vs soldier Fight ..........and small weapons will used .

sy400 are integrated with GPS and other accurate guidance
but I guess India should have something like these. Because China is more plain due to plateau

Screambowl

Ghanta Senior Member?
Country flag
The best they would have will be copies of Smerch but in big numbers.
The range of smerch is way inferior to the chinese counterpart They already have 200+ km range MLRS. But Smerch would be an effective tool as across LOC it more plain topography.

I don't understand what prompted the policy makers not to go for long range MRLS ?

one thing is boggling my mind for so long, what is the difference between these rockets and missiles, i understand the missile concept. but these rockets,
would they function exactly like missiles apart from large destructions and maneuverability like missiles ?
BVR artillery that's the motive.

SanjeevM

Country flag
For Sy300 and sy400, I will request defence and armament experts to look at possibility of Indian satellites locating them and we then destroy them using Agni.

In case China uses sy300 or sy400 with 300 to 400 km range, that would mean it's not a local assault, they are increasing the radius of the conflict. In that missiles have to be used.

captscooby81

Country flag
Well we need to take down these launchers in preemptive strike or else we have to hit back with air power only ...

Iam talking about this
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Weishi_Rockets
they are rocket arty mrlb with 300km plus range
I am not at all questioning the kids or the Gorkha s ..I was just questioning one side these kids are standing and giving flowers and another side there is gorkhland protest going on where few rouge elements infiltrated with support from nepal maoist and also even few jihadi s few pakiland ..there is enough evidence there is a silent chinese hand involved in the recent escalation of the Gorkhaland protest ...

My apologies if i comments had hurt your sentiments or feelings ...

If so,then we'll definitely return the favour bro...But I don't see any political agenda in that video which shows small kids waving their hands outta joy towards the army....The Chinese might fuel the gorkhaland agitation,but it is not a seccessionist movement like the ULFA,Nagas etc....But I'm sure the Chinese would not want us 2 start another Tibet Spring.

Sent from my SM-E500H using Tapatalk
I was just asking because someone Quoted Rocket artillery in the comments below this video ...

There is no BM 21 in the video.

===============

roma

NRI in Europe
Country flag
Not Russia but other teams. China perhaps. Its just a stupid conspiracy theory but still 2 tanks in a row going down on the same day and that too when we were at 2nd spot.
yes ! agreed

I think it is worth investigating Mamata's allegation of Chinese links into Gorkhaland. If found to be true, it is a very serious issue and time to return the favor in Tibet.
good suggestion ,.... anther possibiblity is as follows .....the gorkha want some kind of separate dedicated state ? ( im not clear o this issue i admit ....dont havetime to read all .... am conc on reading about doklam at this time ) ...

so one suggestion is tp get the bhutanese to talk to these gorkha about getting linked with cpcprcchin .... get these gorkhas to look at how the people pf arunachal and bhutan would feel if they end up like tibet .... no wonder these two states are with india strongly ...

get the bhutanese totalk to the gorkha because ultimately the cpcprcchin want the gorkha to have a separate state for the following reason ( among others ) ..... to access their territory and have a route to attack india .... once gorkha get a separate state then cpcprcchin will bring in some old maps and like what is happening in doklam they will start claiming some small and tiny piecees of land which are strategic and can be use to attak other strategic portions of india to cause huge difficulties for us

What I can assure you that when winter is coming upon chinese,they always run away leaving behind their gun and ammo.
:brahmos:
Chini hot air nothing more. The only reasonable Chini arty is the one they export like their tracked SPH or copies of Russian Smerch.
Don't get me wrong, Chinis have formidable arty capabilities but these random numbers and alphabets are not among them. These are mostly untested systems to hone the skills of designing schools.
better not to underestimate their defence mfg ....look at our bofors and all the scandal connected with it ?? we have a lot of cleaning up to do in our own house ..... this war with cpcprc is not gonna be an easy one

obviously deployed...
that~s what they are boasting about By the way , it's all about Chinese general elections. There won't be any confrontation!
that is what they are hoping we will think ....just as in '62 india never expected any attack from cpcprc but it sure took place ....same thing here .....im expecting a limited war , meghnad desai thinks it will be full-scale

Chinese artillery is formidable because of the sheer numbers but i doubt they have any 200km 300km long MLRS.
The best they would have will be copies of Smerch but in big numbers.
Thats their basic war strategy,QUANTITY NOT QUALITY.
there is a saying that quantity is the new quality
im not saying its a good idea ....but we too shoould produe quantity and add quality to it .....easier said than done but in our neighbourhood , it has to be done.

I am still thinking that there will be no confrontation and delhi is thinking the same most probably. This is why no much alert or news. I guess they are highly hoping that there will diplomatic solution
this is hard to unnderstand and thus i connot rule out a third (or fourth ) party involvement in this crisis ......two points related to this ;-
!) earlier the china gov had stated that india had scaled down its numbers of soldiers and it seemed from that statement that there was good possibility of the diplomatic solution you wrote about ...but then the india MFA "toughly" denied the statement and issue statement that there wa no such strength depletion ...it seemed to me india was talking tough andperhaps playing to some gallery ?
2) second thing that irks me is that Lord meghnad desai links this dispute to usa support on doklam and then reciprocally, india support to usa regarding N Korea .....so this sounds puzzling and thus i reckon that obviously a lot is going on under the covers which we are not privy to

Seven separatist militant outfits of Assam, Manipur and Meghalaya, proclaiming themselves as pro-China have given a joint call for boycotting the Independence Day celebrations in Assam and other northeastern states.

http://www.asianage.com/india/all-i...show-pro-china-stance-on-sikkim-standoff.html
all this kind of nonsense plus gorkhaland agitation is probably also why we need to show them about india cpcprc relative strength

Last edited:

Screambowl

Ghanta Senior Member?
Country flag
that is what they are hoping we will think ....just as in '62 india never expected any attack from cpcprc but it sure took place ....same thing here .....im expecting a limited war , meghnad desai thinks it will be full-scale
I am still thinking that there will be no confrontation and delhi is thinking the same most probably. This is why no much alert or news. I guess they are highly hoping that there will diplomatic solution

Mikesingh

Professional
Country flag

Mikesingh

Professional
Country flag

Mikesingh

Professional
Country flag
8 soldiers and 7 civilians...............................
How I wish some Hans were killed too! That would have pissed off the Chinks no end and the Porks would be at the receiving end of a tongue lashing from them.

Targeting the Hans would be a potent weapon to drive a wedge between the 'deeper than ocean' and 'all weather' friends. When are the Baloch freedom fighters going to put this into action? I hope sooner than later!

Bhoot Pishach

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
This article is interesting too..................

China's Military May Have Gone 'Rogue' After All

Xi Jinping isn’t happy with the PLA’s chain of command, suggesting that he may lack complete control.

http://thediplomat.com/2014/09/chinas-military-may-have-gone-rogue-after-all/
That is pretty old news 2014.

Since then 11 Jin Peg has made substantial changes.

The New Format of PLA has been laid out and command structure changed.

The new structure is in place for Tibet which is called - Western Theater Command. The whole Command Structure of PLA is changed and divided into "5 Theater Commands".

Western Theater Command is one of the five war zones of People's Liberation Army, was founded on February 1, 2016.

And Mr.Zhao Zongqi is made Commander of Western Theater Command, who is picked by 11 Jin Peg Himself and is CLOSE ASSOCIATE AND TRUSTED MAN OF MR.11. He DIRECTLY REPORTS TO 11.

IF anybody has to be Blamed for the current crises then BLAME DIRECTLY TO MR.11, because Mr.Zhao Zongqi CANNOT TAKE DECISIONS, WITHOUT APPROVAL OF MR.11.

Mr. Zhao Zongqi is only implementing AGENDA OF MR.11.

Last edited:

Butter Chicken

Country flag
Now, Chinese Army begins constructing bridge near LAC in Ladakh

Even as the Doklam standoff cotinues, China has begun building a bridge in No Man's Land, near the Line of Actual Control (LAC) in Ladakh.

Security agencies have been tight-lipped on the Chinese agression.

Dr Sonal Dawa Lopo, Chief Executive Councillor of the Ladakh Autonomous Hill Development Council, told India Today that the issue will be raised with the government. The Narendra Modiadministration should immediately object to the construction of the bridge, he said.

DOKLAM STANDOFF

The Doklam standoff began in mid-June after Indian troops stopped the Chinese Army from building a road in the Doklam area, which is near the Sikkim section of the India-China border.

India blamed China for trying to alter the status quo and attempting to move the India-China-Bhutan tri-junction point to the south.

Beijing, on the other hand, has slammed New Delhi for what it says is Indian troops transgressing into Chinese territory.

http://indiatoday.intoday.in/story/india-china-bridge-ladakh-lac-doklam-plateau/1/1025376.html

Bornubus

Chodi Bhakt & BJPig Hunter
@Bornubus I wouldn't trust these posters if I were you. Chinis have a long history of "poster warfare", from latest generation turbofans to "4th generation" MBTs (MBT-3000)
China is a 3rd largest weapon exporter and especially selling their artillery systems successfully for a long time now including Turkey big armies.

BTW the poster i posted is of WS 1B from Which Turkey has made their own T 300 MLRS

Chinese-WS-1B-brochure.jpg

Turkish T 300

20150518082100527.jpg

Kazah

3 indian soldiers injured in pakistani ceasefire violation @ Uri

sthf

Country flag
I stand corrected on the MLRS part.
China is a 3rd largest weapon exporter...

You are reading way too much into it. They have the global market share of 6%.
In the last five years, for example, more than two-thirds (71%, to be exact) of all Chinese arms sales went to just three countries: Pakistan, Bangladesh, and Myanmar. The rest went mostly to a handful poorer countries in the African continent, particularly Algeria, Nigeria, Sudan, and Tanzania.
http://nationalinterest.org/blog/th...ing-strong-so-why-arent-chinese-weapons-17746

Bornubus

Chodi Bhakt & BJPig Hunter
I stand corrected on the MLRS part.

You are reading way too much into it. They have the global market share of 6%.
I am not talking about share, i am talking about their their overall rank in Arms market registering growth over the past years.

But that's a topic of different thread and different time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles