LCA TEJAS MK1 & MK1A: News and Discussion

raju1982

Country flag
Well, what did you expect??!! It was just 40 airframes!! It was thanks to HAL they got those 40 at all; any private co worth their salt wouldn't even touch such a proposal with a 10 foot barge pole.
Thats what i meant, HAL, IAF, all under MoD. Than why play this game? It is like left hand accusing right hand for delay. HAL management should be replaced with private industry corporates along with IAC officers. PMO should be set up for all projects. Sell 51% of the shares to a private co, handover tha management of HAL. Look what tata did to Air India.

23 years fater 1st flight only 40 aircrafts is not goi g great. Something is wrong, my take.

Blood+

Country flag
Thats what i meant, HAL, IAF, all under MoD. Than why play this game? It is like left hand accusing right hand for delay. HAL management should be replaced with private industry corporates along with IAC officers. PMO should be set up for all projects. Sell 51% of the shares to a private co, handover tha management of HAL. Look what tata did to Air India.

23 years fater 1st flight only 40 aircrafts is not goi g great. Something is wrong, my take.
Whoosh ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈.

Satish Sharma

Country flag
8 LCAs, no matter loaded with what, won't scare anyone. They may successfully sink a PLAN boat, but they can't handle the PLAN fighter jets flying in later.
That is the exact same reason no Philippine jet showing up when those Chinese marine policy boats in the EEZ claimed by Philippine, even though these boats have no air-defense system at all.
USA has deployed thaad & patriot in Phillipines many times. Aparri city hosts patriot system all the time. North Phillipines. you're chinki jets came but couldn't return.. there are many us bases in Phillipines do u think they let youre jets do what you want.. they will shoot them down way before Tejas would even deploy there payload..

Last edited:

Chinmoy

Country flag
Yes, but since Brahmos NG may take time to come out, just thinking if Philippines would wait for it. If Brahmos ALCM could be carried by the current 1A, then it would have definitely been an advantage. There was a news that Gripen C/D is also in race for PhAF
No matter what you do, BRAHMOS ALCM can't be integrated in Tejas.

rone

Country flag
No matter what you do, BRAHMOS ALCM can't be integrated in Tejas.
Yes normal Brahmos cant be integrated with LCA but Brahmos Ng can be integrated with lca becoz ng version is a liter one and shortened range mostly in in 250-300 km range respecting MTCR

daya

Country flag
Turkey has announced its Stealth Aircraft is ready for production and we??

slayingheaven

Country flag
Turkey has announced its Stealth Aircraft is ready for production and we??
Yeah a from first flight to series production not even in 1 year, Its believable. F-35 had some 10 years, J-20 had some 6 years all those with engines available. This Little Birdy don't even have guaranteed engine supply agreement from Unkill Sam, and they boast about series production.

slayingheaven

Country flag
Yeah, tell me about it. Damn thing doesn't even have a serpentine air intake.
No it had serpentine intakes, they got help from BAE Engineers. The point all the fancy features is just jhumla if your plane got no guaranteed engines. A fifth gen is lot more than airframe itself. If all it takes for a fifth gen fighter is just airframe and engines then lot more countries would make them.

Chinmoy

Country flag
No it had serpentine intakes, they got help from BAE Engineers. The point all the fancy features is just jhumla if your plane got no guaranteed engines. A fifth gen is lot more than airframe itself. If all it takes for a fifth gen fighter is just airframe and engines then lot more countries would make them.
Rightly said.

F-414 deal, which is yet to be signed, is more important then the SoKo and Turkish flying jets. People just want to see the final product instead of understanding the minefield which one has to negate to get there.

DumbPilot

Country flag
If we're talking airframes, even the Iranians have a 5th gen fighter, lmao:

1709900119858.png

1709900146897.png

All of them did that sham with a straight face -- why can't Erdogan do the same? As is usual in the military field, those who say can't do, those who do won't say(perfect example is JF17 vs LCA Tejas)

slayingheaven

Country flag
Rightly said.

F-414 deal, which is yet to be signed, is more important then the SoKo and Turkish flying jets. People just want to see the final product instead of understanding the minefield which one has to negate to get there.
I mean our F-414 deal is almost finalized and also the deal for next gen engines with france also moved forward with announcements from both french and indian governments, unlike the turkish one where there are vague statements like "partnership with RR(RR didn't even bat an eye)", "GE will supply engines to us(they assumed it themselves and UnkillSAM would generously donate it)", "We will build our own engines(said they don't even have a lower thrust level indigenous engine, and their only "thing" is boasting about building or assembling subparts, it took chinese some 15 years with all the money and tech espionage along with asian brain to reach the stage they were and these think they would make engine within 5 years).

Blood+

Country flag
Nope, the prototype doesn't have serpentine inlets.

Chinmoy

Country flag
If we're talking airframes, even the Iranians have a 5th gen fighter, lmao:

View attachment 243322
View attachment 243324

All of them did that sham with a straight face -- why can't Erdogan do the same? As is usual in the military field, those who say can't do, those who do won't say(perfect example is JF17 vs LCA Tejas)
Although its disproportionate to extreme, but the concept is brilliant.

Satish Sharma

Country flag
@vishnugupt ,
TFX Kaan -
View attachment 243370

Now contrast this with the engine placement in the F 22 and you'll have your answer.
What is that visible thing :truestory: this are like fa18 intakes. Serpentine is quite different this kaan's type gives limited stealth only.especially from frontal aspect but let me tell you radars waves travel through intakes and do return to source. Stealth doesn't mean hiding engines visually. I won't give much context look it up. They have just a flying frame. This will require major design change internally bae fooled them after all Americans will they how it should be. if this is final design then good luck kaan.. they haven't done critical design review yet but made a prototype first wow... It is way behind amca as well. Do they have fully developed fly by wire systems we have our own quadruplex fbw system.. we have whole ecosystem of many sub systems unlike turkey who haven't made a 4th gen fighter yet.all LRUs are imported, acchuaters etc etc

Screenshot_2024-03-09-09-04-35-80_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.jpg

Blood+

Country flag
What is that visible thing :truestory: this are like fa18 intakes. Serpentine is quite different this kaan's type gives limited stealth only.especially from frontal aspect but let me tell you radars waves travel through intakes and do return to source. Stealth doesn't mean hiding engines visually. I won't give much context look it up. They have just a flying frame. This will require major design change internally bae fooled them after all Americans will they how it should be. if this is final design then good luck kaan.. they haven't done critical design review yet but made a prototype first wow... It is way behind amca as well. Do they have fully developed fly by wire systems we have our own quadruplex fbw system.. we have whole ecosystem of many sub systems unlike turkey who haven't made a 4th gen fighter yet.all LRUs are imported, acchuaters etc etc

View attachment 243372
Pretty much. You summed up the point I was trying to illustrate a lot better than I could have managed. I'm not just that good with words.

Last edited:

NutCracker

Country flag

View attachment 243372
Kaan does seem to have sideways serpentine intake. Am I mistaken?
1709957181975.png

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles