LCA TEJAS MK1 & MK1A: News and Discussion

Defcon 1

Country flag
Don't understand the happiness over this news of 100 more LCA MK1A. This deal is unlikely to be inked before elections. And this deal will be replacing MMRCA 2. Overall procurement rate still remains the same ,which is very slow. Less than 120 fighters ordered in 10 years of Modi government, even worse than Manmohan singh government

Ar.gaurav28

Country flag
Can anyone explain!! We paid around 5b+ for 83 fighte jets, now ordering 100 more jets. Why should it cost more than 8b. Shouldn’t it make the fighter jet even more cheaper, like in the case of F35?
As such now it would be 183 tejas mk1a produced and then tejas mk2 sharing commonality!

vishnugupt

Country flag
Don't understand the happiness over this news of 100 more LCA MK1A. This deal is unlikely to be inked before elections. And this deal will be replacing MMRCA 2. Overall procurement rate still remains the same ,which is very slow. Less than 120 fighters ordered in 10 years of Modi government, even worse than Manmohan singh government
How many aircrafts your Manmohan had ordered during his 10 years tenure?? Manmohan blabbered thousands of odd things during his tenure but nothing reached to its fruition during his tenure.

It’s like saying Nehru established ISRO (Which is a lie though) but Jinnah also established SUPARCO before Nehru so if dreaming alone is criteria for an achievement then Jinnah was more visionary then Nehru.

There is almost Zero achievement achieved by Maun Mohan Singh. He was no more than a fine quality slave.

rone

Country flag
Can we modify Navy version LCA by removing hardned landing gear and other modification for carrier operations to air force varient and make it as mk1b which will be most efficient and effective form of LCA mk1?

NutCracker

Country flag
Can anyone explain!! We paid around 5b+ for 83 fighte jets, now ordering 100 more jets. Why should it cost more than 8b. Shouldn’t it make the fighter jet even more cheaper, like in the case of F35?
As such now it would be 183 tejas mk1a produced and then tejas mk2 sharing commonality!
watchu smokin bruh..

It was 48000Cr = 6.6B $ for 83 in Feb 2021. Now 8B$ (not confirmed) for 100.
Same 80M$ per jet despite 4-5 years of gap between deal signing. Consider it cheaper since price is not affected by inflation.

NoobWannaLearn

Country flag
You forgot to account for spares maintenance and everything else ? I remember we had some rule that states all deal should include those numbers.

Neeraj Mathur

Country flag
Can we modify Navy version LCA by removing hardned landing gear and other modification for carrier operations to air force varient and make it as mk1b which will be most efficient and effective form of LCA mk1?
A - it would be expensive
B - why should we do it if mk2 is already in the play
C - it would be logical to update and upgrade mk1a than using navy version to make mk1b.

Defcon 1

Country flag
How many aircrafts your Manmohan had ordered during his 10 years tenure?? Manmohan blabbered thousands of odd things during his tenure but nothing reached to its fruition during his tenure.

It’s like saying Nehru established ISRO (Which is a lie though) but Jinnah also established SUPARCO before Nehru so if dreaming alone is criteria for an achievement then Jinnah was more visionary then Nehru.

There is almost Zero achievement achieved by Maun Mohan Singh. He was no more than a fine quality slave.
First of all, he is not my manmohan Singh

Secondly go and count the number of fighter aircraft ordered during his tenure, assuming you know how to count.

Thirdly, aren't you the moron who said Astra has been rejected for Tejas. Proven wrong just yesterday and still no humility I see, I am not talking about dreaming or establishing ISRO, but hard orders for aircraft. More fighter aircraft were ordered during manmohan time than Modi time. That's a fact. You crying like a little bitch won't change it.

However both of them ordered much less number of fighters than what was actually needed. The country will keep paying the price of this Dilly dallying for decades

prateikf

Country flag
Yes that’s true and very disappointing. People had such high hopes 10 years ago but none were realised. At least the follow on order for 36 Rafale jets for the IAF should have been inked. Even Egypt and UAE have bought more.

notaname

Country flag
So do we need to bring Manmohan back? And close the LCA program? Because if It was not for Parikar it would have been taking dust.

What are your suggestions?

prasadr14

PrasadReddy
So do we need to bring Manmohan back? And close the LCA program? Because if It was not for Parikar it would have been taking dust.

Most of the planes built during 2004-2014 were the SU-30, which were already contracted to be built.

After 2014, the push was for our own Tejas, which I assume was cock-blocked by a lot of vested interests at every opportunity.
While the govt gets praise for sticking with Tejas and trying to build on that success, it is apparent that things are very slow in this particular aspect.

spacemarine2023

Country flag
Most of the planes built during 2004-2014 were the SU-30, which were already contracted to be built.

After 2014, the push was for our own Tejas, which I assume was cock-blocked by a lot of vested interests at every opportunity.
While the govt gets praise for sticking with Tejas and trying to build on that success, it is apparent that things are very slow in this particular aspect.
congoon r either too fckin dumb or just too deep in Modi hate turning to India hate…

Defcon 1

Country flag

Suggestions are to order more dude, the same thing which I have been saying. And MRFA project should have been handled better.

Bleh

Laughing member
Country flag
Not quite... Practically the extra Mark1A are to replace our Mig-21s which they now realised cannot be feasibly replaced by Rafale. AAP the 3 Tejas manufacturing lines are ready finally.
MMRCA2 is long gone. MRFA is likely to get 70-90 Rafales G2G for both IAF & IN.

IMO much better this way.
Inflation.

Indian currency in a Mach2 dive.

Defcon 1

Country flag
Not quite... Practically the extra Mark1A are to replace our Mig-21s which they now realised cannot be feasibly replaced by Rafale. AAP the 3 Tejas manufacturing lines are ready finally.
MMRCA2 is long gone. MRFA is likely to get 70-90 Rafales G2G for both IAF & IN.

IMO much better this way.
I know its better. I am only complaining about the speed of acquisition.

We have been hearing about more Mk1A orders for a few months now. So the intent has been there to order more since long. This means that IAF and MOD had more than a year to wrap up the extra Mk1A order before elections.

But it won't happen before elections because we are extremely slow. The MRFA tender also won't be shutdown. We will continue to drag it for 2-3 years and finally dump it in favor of a G2G deal for more Rafale, PAKFA/Checkmate or even F35. Very similar to trajectory of MMRCA 1. Seems we have learnt nothing from our mistakes.

notaname

Country flag
Suggestions are to order more dude, the same thing which I have been saying. And MRFA project should have been handled better.
MRFA I think will go nowhere even if it goes it is going to take time, so we should leave it and for more orders everyone will agree.

But LCA also needs to be ordered as it is going to be our mainstay in long term, and yeah we should have ordered more Rafale.

Bleh

Laughing member
Country flag
We have been hearing about more Mk1A orders for a few months now. So the intent has been there to order more since long. This means that IAF and MOD had more than a year to wrap up the extra Mk1A order before elections.
Well I suppose finalisation took some time. Ok-ish by post-Parrikar standards.

I miss that guy. 🥲

Thirdly, aren't you the moron who said Astra has been rejected for Tejas. Proven wrong just yesterday and still no humility I see, I am not talking about dreaming or establishing ISRO, but hard orders for aircraft. More fighter aircraft were ordered during manmohan time than Modi time. That's a fact. You crying like a little bitch won't change it.
Cut him some slack here... Python-5 was not compatible out too. They made both work.

But Manmohan didn't order more, his time saw moe induction. The Su-30s were already scheduled to come. Only thing happened then was a badly negotiated deal to upgrade the Mirages for more than their original price.

Defcon 1

Country flag
Well I suppose finalisation took some time. Ok-ish by post-Parrikar standards.

I miss that guy. 🥲
We must not forget that this follow up order for MK1A is the simplest aircraft order in over a decade.

We don't need any trials, any improvements, multiple vendors, distribution of works, offsets, etc.

Only two things need to decided, price and delivery schedule. This is similar to follow on orders of MKI done by manmohan singh government. They were ordered so quickly.

Its a crime to not wrap this up quickly.

Global Defence

Articles