LCA TEJAS MK1 & MK1A: News and Discussion

Chinmoy

Country flag
And some said that Astra will never be tested from Tejas
@Chinmoy you would remember that poster I think
Yes. I said that there is issue with Astra integration with Tejas. The use of adapter verified that.

Back in October 2022 I even said that ground test were already done and aerial tests are pending. The ADA report and the recent news confirmed that.

tsunami

Country flag
Not really... just that the number of MRFA will come down to 70-80 aircraft... which would be rafale.

IAF is dying... & this is just oxygen support to keep the numbers for reaching the teens.
It's not gonna work anymore. Govt. might have cleared IAF that they will not Import a fighter now. Max they can order couple of squadron of Rafale.

blackleaf

Country flag
It's not gonna work anymore. Govt. might have cleared IAF that they will not Import a fighter now. Max they can order couple of squadron of Rafale.
74 Rafale for IAF + 26 for IN to get the 100 needed for a local assembly line.
Without a local assembly line any new orders are going to take a long time to fulfil with the current backlog.

tsunami

Country flag
74 Rafale for IAF + 26 for IN to get the 100 needed for a local assembly line.
Without a local assembly line any new orders are going to take a long time to fulfil with the current backlog.
Even with a local assembly line new orders will now take a lot of time. For Tejas Mk1A too we need to see how many extra years it takes to reach the desired number.

Articles