LCA TEJAS MK1 & MK1A: News and Discussion

Super Flanker

Aviation and Defence Enthusiast
I'm aware of Ghatak buddy , I knew about it since 2017. When he said India has a similar programme , I wonder whether we really have a manned stealth bomber , Hence I asked specifically
No buddy ,I don't think so we have any project to build a Manned Bomber ,and Anyways we don't have a Requirement for a long range Bomber ,it is possible that maybe we do have a Manned Bomber program and we don't know it ,but I highly Doubt that because we don't have a need for such an Aircraft. Good day

Bleh

Laughing member
Country flag

Super Flanker

Aviation and Defence Enthusiast
What's this, eh?
View attachment 119725
Indian Airforce is getting HAMMER Missiles form France for LCA Tejas.

ladder

Country flag
Chinese are many decades ahead of india when comes to commerical manufacturing...
In the defence,they will be delivering the first of the two frigates to Pakistan whose contract was signed in 2019,so it's not wise to belittle things we don't even know about....
2017 as far as I know.

MirageBlue

Country flag
@Bleh @MonaLazy @Gessler @SavageKing456 @Okabe Rintarou
What are the advantages of better slow-speed performance (Tejas doing a slow flyby at 120 knots)? In the case of CAS, can the guns be used at such speed ranges when the pilot keeps the nose up?
Better slow speed performance means lower stall speed. Also means that at very slow speeds the controllability is still good. Will also allow for lower landing speeds, which is a boon for any pilot. Ask any MiG-21 pilot as to what was the scariest part of the mission and the answer mostly would be coming in to land, with the high landing speeds and poor visibility out the front.

the FBW FCS controls the airplane and won't allow the pilot to push it into a stall even if he tries to, even at 110 knots, which is the lowest speed that the Tejas Mk1 can fly at as of now. That makes it a super safe aircraft. Both for rookies as well as for experienced pilots who may get disoriented or inadvertently pull a maneuver which in a non-FBW fighter would lead to departure from control and entry into a spin.

IndianHawk

Country flag
What's this, eh?
View attachment 119725
Simply another vote of confidence by IAF in much touted air to ground capability.

It is the best jet in their arsenal along with Rafale for air to ground operation. So naturally they are investing in it with proven weapons.

With such standoff weapons saaw , desi pgm , hammer and spice , rudram etc tejas will be doing surgical strikes from safety of Indian airspace now along with layered protection of s400.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles