LCA TEJAS MK1 & MK1A: News and Discussion

Ghost hale

Country flag
I asked him a few fundamental questions on tejas aerodynamics in twitter and he just whined like a bitch in neat used foul language and blocked me,

He was shilling fr gripen then,,

he also abused @hvtiaf in mean terms

with CATSWarrior sensor fusion combo Tejas can kill any bird, is my opinion
As said he is not one to follow for defense. His geopolitical is more appropriate as he is pessimist and that is good in geo political scenarios. Can't comment till i see CATS warrior in action.

Trololo

Country flag
Lot of chatter about missiles going on here. Few points:

1> R-73 has been already fired from LCA, and its the only Russian A2A weapon that it will fire.
2> LCA family will have predominantly Indian munitions with Asraam being the only primary CCM weapon that will come onboard.
3> IAF Mirages can fire R-73
4> We have a good stock of Python 5s originally meant for LCA but vibration issues meant that those could not be fired. IMO it would augur well for us to integrate them onto something else for cheap. Such a fine missile needs a good aircraft. Either the MiG 29K or UPG or M2K or MKI.

gutenmorgen

Country flag

1> R-73 has been already fired from LCA, and its the only Russian A2A weapon that it will fire.
2> LCA family will have predominantly Indian munitions with Asraam being the only primary CCM weapon that will come onboard.
4> We have a good stock of Python 5s originally meant for LCA but vibration issues meant that those could not be fired. IMO it would augur well for us to integrate them onto something else for cheap. Such a fine missile needs a good aircraft. Either the MiG 29K or UPG or M2K or MKI.
LCA will be carrying one of these, right? These are all short range IR guided AAMs.

Ghost hale

Country flag

NOTE :
R-73 tested. It was to be replaced with ASRAAM.
Python 5 is to be again tested for Tejas MK1a.

samsaptaka

तस्मात् उत्तिष्ठ कौन्तेय युद्धाय कृतनिष्चय
Country flag
Found this article, how much of this is true and how much is BS propaganda ??

it looks more like that the writer has something against india that the aircraft itself!
Dalals out in full force now that 83 mk1a has been ordered and future foriegn maal deals in fighters looking bleak ! Let em bark, they can't do shit. All the more important we vote in namo again in 2024, else for sure these dalals will rise like the proverbial phoenix.

Abhay Rajput 02

Do you think the Astra MK3 SFDR with reportedly 350-400 KM range will be huge in size Hence few will be available to carry and that too in our Flanker-H fleet only as only it has the Radar detection potential for maximum utilisation of Astra MK3 SFDR?
It depends on what your target is. against awacs/tankers/transpor aircraft its range would be 200/250km same as meteor. However against fighter jets its range would not be more than 50/60km . this range is NEZ which means that missile will burn for that much distance. compare to that our astra mk1 burn for just 20km at best . remeber that missile burns only for seconds to go to high altitude and after that glides towards target

FalconSlayers

धर्मो रक्षति रक्षितः
Country flag
It depends on what your target is. against awacs/tankers/transpor aircraft its range would be 200/250km same as meteor. However against fighter jets its range would not be more than 50/60km . this range is NEZ which means that missile will burn for that much distance. compare to that our astra mk1 burn for just 20km at best . remeber that missile burns only for seconds to go to high altitude and after that glides towards target
So why not use MICA IR missiles which have 50km range.

Lonewolf

Psychopathic Neighbour
Country flag
The range is 60km actually.

Only meteor have 60-70 km around NEZ .

MICA IR may have 20 km around and have TVC.
So what category is aim 120d , pl 15 nad astra mk 2 in nez classification .

There was a info where it was written that nez of meteor is about 95 -100 km .

Flying Dagger

Country flag
So what category is aim 120d , pl 15 nad astra mk 2 in nez classification .

There was a info where it was written that nez of meteor is about 95 -100 km .
Sorry I might have overquoted MICA NEZ as around 20 km @BON PLAN might be able to tell us. Also how stealth will affect it, IIR and RF/AESA missiles both.

Do share the source where 100 km is mentioned for meteor.

It also depends on the target for e.g. if it's an AWACS or a fighter jet. We do have a separate thread to discuss BVR missiles I guess and should take this discussion there.

Lonewolf

Psychopathic Neighbour
Country flag
Sorry I might have overquoted MICA NEZ as around 20 km @BON PLAN might be able to tell us. Also how stealth will affect it, IIR and RF/AESA missiles both.

Do share the source where 100 km is mentioned for meteor.

It also depends on the target for e.g. if it's an AWACS or a fighter jet. We do have a separate thread to discuss BVR missiles I guess and should take this discussion there.
Actually it was for f 15 strike eagle , with air to ground role load out .

Ghost hale

Country flag
A missile can be fired from distance more than NEZ and that happens quite often. Secondly there can be multiple burn phases for missile.

Annaa

Country flag
Why is the supersonic drop tank not used in Tejas jet while in other jets they are used

Bleh

Laughing member
Country flag
Self reliance: 1-in-2 Tejas fighters to have desi radar
Feb 22, 2021

jpg (1).jpeg

LCA Tejas with Uttam AESA radar at Aero India 2021. (@Kuntal, pitot tubes still remain... There you go.)

In a major boost to indigenous defence technologies, at least 51% of the 123 LCA Tejas fighters that will be inducted into the Indian Air Force (IAF) will have the desi Uttam radar, replacing Israeli radars that the first batch of aircraft will be equipped with.
“We will have the Uttam radar from the 21st Tejas Mark1A to be produced. Uttam has performed better than anticipated in the trials so far. We’ve already signed an MoU with HAL,” DRDO chairman Sateesh Reddy told TOI.

Also to be noted that LCA Tejas has completed 4,985 test flights (as of February 16) involving 17 Tejas aircraft comprising technology demonstrators, prototypes, limited series production aircrafts & naval version, with flawless safety record.

FalconSlayers

धर्मो रक्षति रक्षितः
Country flag
Self reliance: 1-in-2 Tejas fighters to have desi radar
Feb 22, 2021

View attachment 79274
LCA Tejas with Uttam AESA radar at Aero India 2021. (@Kuntal, pitot tubes still remain... There you go.)

In a major boost to indigenous defence technologies, at least 51% of the 123 LCA Tejas fighters that will be inducted into the Indian Air Force (IAF) will have the desi Uttam radar, replacing Israeli radars that the first batch of aircraft will be equipped with.
“We will have the Uttam radar from the 21st Tejas Mark1A to be produced. Uttam has performed better than anticipated in the trials so far. We’ve already signed an MoU with HAL,” DRDO chairman Sateesh Reddy told TOI.

Also to be noted that LCA Tejas has completed 4,985 test flights (as of February 16) involving 17 Tejas aircraft comprising technology demonstrators, prototypes, limited series production aircrafts & naval version, with flawless safety record.

Emperor Kalki

Country flag
horizontal sustained turn rate has nothing to do with ITR,
Tejas scores very high on ITR,

SUstained turn rate is 360 deg divided by time taken to complete complete knife edge horizontal circle , WITHOUT LOSING ALTITUDE,
I'm sorry, I meant STR there instead of ITR.....its there in my previous post....mistyped that one....🙏

But then again...
I havent seen any viper or gripen doing 19 second vertical loop , in any aeroinda,

if there is footage to show please post

tejas does that in bangalore (even with restricted flight envelope) effortlessly
WTF...
I think by now i should have learned from experience not to reply to these kind of posts.....never wanted anything more than some sense to prevail in the thread(s).....maybe that was too much...Forgive me everyone, I give up....😩

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles