LCA TEJAS MK1 & MK1A: News and Discussion

Ghost hale

Country flag
Its true we dont know anything about ORCA, but we know IAF, if they are going to invest in ORCA, I am sure they would want everything thats currently available on a Rafale and maybe even more making it the meanest bird in the neighborhood.
Agreed. But i am thinking about something to balance out J20 numbers and still keeping technological superiority. Only thats the reason for more rafale. ORCA can be good but will take considerable time.

Lonewolf

Psychopathic Neighbour
Country flag
Its true we dont know anything about ORCA, but we know IAF, if they are going to invest in ORCA, I am sure they would want everything thats currently available on a Rafale and maybe even more making it the meanest bird in the neighborhood.
Think for once , a aircraft with stealth incorporated , better engine , more internal fuel , moreover orca won't have foldable wing or those heavy landing gear , newer radar in bigger nose cone , dsi , latest avionics , modern cockpit , rafale is good but orca will be a different beast if built

WarriorIndian

Country flag
Think for once , a aircraft with stealth incorporated , better engine , more internal fuel , moreover orca won't have foldable wing or those heavy landing gear , newer radar in bigger nose cone , dsi , latest avionics , modern cockpit , rafale is good but orca will be a different beast if built
Isnt that exactly what I am saying my friend?

Ghost hale

Country flag
I can completely agree on that. Just 2 points :
1. Main point is timeline. I guess will come up by AMCA timeline if started today that kind off defeats purpose as we need it mostly by then.
2. Almost all fighters will be unproven on battlefield and would need maturity time. Rafale can help in that.

ORCA can be better but i don't think it can solve purpose now, in long term sure.

Lonewolf

Psychopathic Neighbour
Country flag
I can completely agree on that. Just 2 points :
1. Main point is timeline. I guess will come up by AMCA timeline if started today that kind off defeats purpose as we need it mostly by then.
2. Almost all fighters will be unproven on battlefield and would need maturity time. Rafale can help in that.

ORCA can be better but i don't think it can solve purpose now, in long term sure.
Better would be more 54 rafale , not more than that

WarriorIndian

Country flag
Spectra is good but you are over stating it , if we are developing 5 th gen fughter , gan trm module are being developed for ew suite and radar , why do you think it will be hard to meet rafale parameters
Exactly, Active cancellation stealth is something DRDO has been working on for long. Project D-29 can become the Indian SPECTRA.

Flying Dagger

Country flag
Number is just the planning part. As per info 50 J20 are already inducted. Now how air force deem fit and how many they need is up to them but if it is 114 tender then i am happy with 114 rafale.
Better upgrade Sukhoi , for time being 36-54 Rafale would suffice.

We will be able to get SFDR on Tejas with a GaN AESA before next decade.

Porks don't have any chance against it while Rafale and Sukhoi will take care of chinks.

Whitecollar

Country flag

Porks don't have any chance against it while Rafale and Sukhoi will take care of chinks.
Infact, why aren't they already integrating a scaled up version of Uttam on testbed Sukhois??
I have an other important question. Is it true that Whitcomb area rule was not properly incorporated while designing Tejas MK1 and that they have incorporated it well in MK2??

FalconSlayers

धर्मो रक्षति रक्षितः
Country flag
Spectra is good but you are over stating it , if we are developing 5 th gen fughter , gan trm module are being developed for ew suite and radar , why do you think it will be hard to meet rafale parameters
Once it proves to be a reality, then we’ll talk.

Ghost hale

Country flag
Infact, why aren't they already integrating a scaled up version of Uttam on testbed Sukhois??
I have an other important question. Is it true that Whitcomb area rule was not properly incorporated while designing Tejas MK1 and that they have incorporated it well in MK2??
Uttam testing not done yet. Upgrade will be planned after that. Secondly just radar upgrade without engine can't help with full potential as power requirement will be higher.

FalconSlayers

धर्मो रक्षति रक्षितः
Country flag

Pork fleet only has F-16 with good availability rate, rest of their fleet contains aircraft with poor maintainability with French mirages some better off than their Chinese fleet.

Ghost hale

Country flag
Pork fleet only has F-16 with good availability rate, rest of their fleet contains aircraft with poor maintainability with French mirages some better off than their Chinese fleet.
Min 30 to max 50 J10c either inducted or will be in few months.

Whitecollar

Country flag
Uttam testing not done yet. Upgrade will be planned after that. Secondly just radar upgrade without engine can't help with full potential as power requirement will be higher.
Uttam has been cleared for A2A scan mode. Our Sukhois will never engage in a bombing role unless extremely necessary. So I don't think readyness is a reason behind them not opting for such mods. LCA LSP is already flying with Uttam radar.

Ghost hale

Country flag
And who's gonna pay for it?? You think Porks have money to buy a BLK3 Jeff, let alone a J-10 C??
I am just quoting from news articles from pak news. They can be wrong but it is what being claimed and i dont feel it is something that can't happen. They might have sold some more of their land. Not new for them.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles