LCA TEJAS MK1 & MK1A: News and Discussion

Bleh

Laughing member
Country flag
yes .. i was telling someone here that IOC tejas cant fire bvr missile but he didnt agree . so that post was specifically for that person.
That they said based on a valid real report (which they shared) on plans to upgrade all IOCs with atleast BVR tech to make them operationally viable.

But plans donot mean it has happened already. HAL cannot cut into FOC effort to upgrade IOC when they will get time to do that in 2021-22 when the trainers are being manufactured.

Last edited:

IndianHawk

Country flag
]
yes .. i was telling someone here that IOC tejas cant fire bvr missile but he didnt agree . so that post was specifically for that person.
What nonsense is that. Ioc Tejas can fire derby bvr .
What foc does is expand it's envelope to full potential. Now this expanded envelope will be back ported to ioc lca and make them as lethal as foc lca.

Lca mk1a will be integrated with Astra and then that will also be back ported to mk1.

Eventually all lca will reach mk1a standard.

IndianHawk

Country flag
That they said based on a valid real report (which they shared) on plans to upgrade all IOCs with atleast BVR tech to make them operationally viable.

But plans donot mean it has happened already. HAL cannot cut into FOC effort to upgrade IOC when they will get time to do that in 2021-22 when the trainers are being manufactured.
What report. Ioc can fire bvr afaik. Upgrade means expanding the envelope here.

south block

up your a**
Country flag
It's just assembled screw drive only name sake Indian fighter jet for all the ho hala! ---- India should have bought 30 odd rafale instead of this.

IndianHawk

Country flag
J10C = Tejas MK 1A - Payload and range . MWF = Gripen NG. J10 is a great fighter we should not be like those pork idiots , J10 can beat Tejas, They operates a huge fleet J10 and all of them upgraded with AESA Radars Powerful EW suites Certainly a threat , we should prepare for them .
J10 can't beat Tejas. Chinese aesa is at least a generation behind then Western aesa and mk1a with 2052 will be miles ahead. Uttam will be even better.
Same goes for weaponry. Western weapon and Astra ( which is benchmarked against Western weapons) are again generation ahead of Chinese crap.

And that is exactly why Chinese have to operate a huge fleet because half of them won't be available to fight thanks to maintainace nightmare that is al-31. We have great trouble to keep su30 available even when two al31 make it much more reliable then single engine jet. Chinese fly j10 with solo al31. Barely half will be available in a war. And even those a lot will crash. Now compound that with reliability of Chinese aeas and Chinese bvr . Failure rate is even higher.

Chinese copy of Russian engines are even shittier with much less life and much less actual thust and even higher failure rate .

That's why only useful tactic Chinese have is to overwhelm with numbers. Because individually there plane is a dud.

Bleh

Laughing member
Country flag
What report. Ioc can fire bvr afaik. Upgrade means expanding the envelope here.
See ahead... 1 lsp can fire BVR (donot remember which one) rat cannot until SP-21.

HVT & BRF indranil confirmed. You know incorrectly.

IndianHawk

Country flag
1 lsp can fire BVR (donot remember which one) rat cannot until SP-21.

HVT & BRF indranil confirmed. You know wrong.
They confirmed foc exapands envelope which will be ported back to ioc.

Narasimh

Country flag
If you can agree with tejas beatin j10, why don't you accept tejas shooting down f22?
So seems you are unaware of DACT - Dissimilar air combat training. That's what airforces train to do. In IAF the TACDE is Tactics school which puts different types in combat to develop tactics.
Tejas is a 4th gen jet and J-10 is not a 5th gen for sure. Air combat scenarios is rarely one on one fights like you are saying. multiple assets are involved and there is no reason to think Tejas cannot develop tactics against a slightly heavier jet.

If Tejas was a turboprop aircraft like P51, then what you are saying will make sense but what you are saying is analogous to saying an INSAS carrying guy cannot kill a TAVOR or M4 carrying guy.

Bleh

Laughing member
Country flag
They confirmed foc exapands envelope which will be ported back to ioc.
Yes, will be. But not yet. That will need SP-01 to SP-16 to hit the workshop. Only after the free up the lines from FOC. Much of twin-seater trainers will be made on a seperate line, then.

LSP-7 can fire BVR on which Derby was tested, LSP-8 can refuel in air and hot refuel on ground. No other SP IOC can until SP-21.

IndianHawk

Country flag
Yes, will be. But not yet. That will need SP-01 to SP-16 to hit the workshop. Only after the free up the lines from FOC. Much of twin-seater trainers will be made on a seperate line, then.

LSP-7 can fire BVR on which Derby was tested, LSP-8 can refuel in air and hot refuel on ground. No other SP IOC can until SP-21.
They won't need much time in workshop. No change in airframe or anything. It will be backported with software upgradation. It was python witch had flutter issues not derby. Derby is an ideal fit for airframe . Radar modes will be upgraded with software and so will be fcs to handle bvr firing blowback. Airframe won't be touched probably.

nongaddarliberal

Country flag
J 10 is a shit. Those who compares J 10 with Tejas must know how many of them have fallen from sky till date. I do not know the latest figure but atleast 9 had fallen in 2 years. J 10 uses powerful Al 31 engine yet it takes longer time to be airborn. It uses AESA but that is way inferior than Uttam in its initial stage. J 10 had a very poor aerodynamics which were improved in J 10 C.

On the other hand , Tejas is a state of art Aircraft and all set to improve in its MK1+ avatar. It has many state of art technologies with best electronics (Either it has or about to come) and best weapons. Tejas can see J10 first and shoot it first. In close combat too, Tejas will beat J 10. I do not see any advantage of J 10 over Tejas except TVC and a bit of higher payload due to very powerful engine and aircraft of medium category.
Yes, that's why it's enough that we have produced 18 Tejas against 350 J 10's. Each Tejas can defeat 20 J 10's. Be happy DFIers. I should have followed the mods in getting the fuck out of this forum.

Hydra3

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
So seems you are unaware of DACT - Dissimilar air combat training. That's what airforces train to do. In IAF the TACDE is Tactics school which puts different types in combat to develop tactics.
Tejas is a 4th gen jet and J-10 is not a 5th gen for sure. Air combat scenarios is rarely one on one fights like you are saying. multiple assets are involved and there is no reason to think Tejas cannot develop tactics against a slightly heavier jet.

If Tejas was a turboprop aircraft like P51, then what you are saying will make sense but what you are saying is analogous to saying an INSAS carrying guy cannot kill a TAVOR or M4 carrying guy.
Then you should have tell IAV wil beat PLAF. Not like j10 vs tejas.

Hydra3

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
Yes, that's why it's enough that we have produced 18 Tejas against 350 J 10's. Each Tejas can defeat 20 J 10's. Be happy DFIers. I should have followed the mods in getting the fuck out of this forum.
18 tejas is enough for entire j10s & mere 36 rafale is enough for entire PAF. Now i can go and have good sleep. Actually most of tge members in DFI lives in delusion.

Longewala

Country flag
If you can agree with tejas beatin j10, why don't you accept tejas shooting down f22?
If I can run faster than a cripple on crutches, why can't you accept I can run faster than Usain Bolt?

Jokes (and trolls) aside, what other posters point out about how it fits in as a system, alongside Rafale and Su-30, makes me excited.
It fits the bill perfectly: low rcs and visual signature, great machine interface and operatibilty, aesa radar and top notch weapons suite.

Longewala

Country flag
Arguing that
1. Tejas in its current configuration is a better fighter 1:1 than j-10 (which I myself would disagree with btw)
2. Radar tech, engine serviceability etc is much better
3. The rcs + radar + weapon fit make a complete iaf strike package (ie in conjunction with rafale or sukhoi) superior to a typical Chinese package

Is NOT equivalent to arguing tejas is 20 times better than j-10 one on one.

Let us leave such mental gymnastics, ie:
falsely try to ascribe strawman jingoistic statements (nobody claims Arjun or Tejas are world best over here or better than f-22 / Leopard)....
and then use their ridiculousness to mock Indians..
To the racist Brits of Sturgeon House or Arrse.

Atcjurvin

18 tejas is enough for entire j10s & mere 36 rafale is enough for entire PAF. Now i can go and have good sleep. Actually most of tge members in DFI lives in delusion.
Bc gaali khana hai firse to bol....

Latest Replies

Global Defence

Articles