LCA TEJAS MK1 & MK1A: News and Discussion

UnderFingy

Country flag
Really one thing missing our engine. I dont thnk govt is serious about that.
I think they're serious about it. Just that they're not ready to spend the money that it's going to take. There's also ejection seats missing. Don't know how feasible it is to develop our own.

vishnugupt

Country flag
I think they're serious about it. Just that they're not ready to spend the money that it's going to take. There's also ejection seats missing. Don't know how feasible it is to develop our own.
Money is the least concerning thing in engine development for India than anything else. India is ready to pay a 10 billion dollar cheque by tomorrow morning 6 am to anyone who can give the full engine technology. GOI has learned its hard lesson that Nobody is willing to give a engine technology, be it France or UK or the USA

India has changed its engine development path. There is a 110KN design that is ready and waiting but Now technology will be proven first then GOI will launch a full-fledged project soon.

Mantospace

Country flag
Money is the least concerning thing in engine development for India than anything else. India is ready to pay a 10 billion dollar cheque by tomorrow morning 6 am to anyone who can give the full engine technology. GOI has learned its hard lesson that Nobody is willing to give a engine technology, be it France or UK or the USA

India has changed its engine development path. There is a 110KN design that is ready and waiting but Now technology will be proven first then GOI will launch a full-fledged project soon.
If design is ready then wy govt is waiting ?

WARREN SS

Country flag
They want to win a war against china with borrowed imported weapons..
Japan has Almost 80 % imported army or Reverse engineered Us tech

Aim of the Weapon is to give edge in battle field over adversary imported or Indigenous doesn't matter until it kills your enemy

LCA is 3rd line fighter in IAF inventory until AMCA or MWF arrives behind Rafale And MKI
its Light Weight category defines its Role

WARREN SS

Country flag
Need Funding for that

not like Peanuts (US$251.3 million) we spend in last 2 decades

Engines need at least 4-5 Billion $ R&D in 8-9 years if need 110 kn engine

Necessary sacrifices needed for that in other programs cost

vishnugupt

Country flag
Need Funding for that

not like Peanuts (US$251.3 million) we spend in last 2 decades

Engines need at least 4-5 Billion $ R&D in 8-9 years if need 110 kn engine

Necessary sacrifices needed for that in other programs cost
I respect your emotions but the figure you quoted is wrong. we spend more than an 800million on Kaveri rest aside annual GTRE budget which is also being spent on engine technology.

The same argument was given for other DRDO and ISRO projects they short of budget so not be possible but India achieved success under a low budget. If money was everything for engine development then China would have built engines by 1990 and the same goes for many other countries.

If GOI section 5 billion dollars today for engine development without prooving technology first then all money will be wasted like any other failed projects.

I am Agree with you, we must push hard from every corner and work must accelerate. I firmly believe GOI is also share our concern and working seriously on it.

I hope in next 2 year, We will witness something meaningfull on Engine front.

WARREN SS

Country flag
I respect your emotions but the figure you quoted is wrong. we spend more than an 800million on Kaveri rest aside annual GTRE budget which is also being spent on engine technology.
Even if the Figure you quoted is unverified The Amount is Far less Compared Western And Chinese R&D cost in engine development
The same argument was given for other DRDO and ISRO projects they short of budget so not be possible but India achieved success under a low budget. If money was everything for engine development then China would have built engines by 1990 and the same goes for many other countries.
for that The achieved The feet but Rather Slower compared To counter parts in west or chinese

Engines are different technological ball game
If GOI section 5 billion dollars today for engine development without prooving technology first then all money will be wasted like any other failed projects.
If Consider Failure as bench mark for Scientific advancement then You Will never Evolve

We Failed in multiple GSLV test or cryo engines in the past
even recently A GSLV failed at Cryo stage after so many development cost invested but GOI never held them for accountability

Why bias With one of most important technology in aviation industry Which is more important than LCA development

people who consider kaveri a failure Lack Scientific intellect or have corrupt notion of foreign lobbying

Okabe Rintarou

Country flag

I am Agree with you, we must push hard from every corner and work must accelerate. I firmly believe GOI is also share our concern and working seriously on it.

I hope in next 2 year, We will witness something meaningfull on Engine front.
All GTRE R&D is not limited to Kaveri only. So lets believe the figure of $280 Million that the Government says it spent on Kaveri. Those numbers are audited. We are not talking about ALL money spent in turbine engine tech, we are talking about money spent chasing after the top tier of jet engine technology. Its not as if we don't have any engine technology.

Its a mix of both money and time constraint. Even today DRDO doesn't have a flying testbed for engines. That is not a time constraint, that is due to a money constraint. Multiple other facilities are not available in India that lead to time wastage. India is not doing its all in jet engine development. Only GTRE scientists are doing their all. That is the difference. If the Government of India wants, it can remove almost all financial constraints thereby majorly speeding up the engine development project. Right now, financial constraints ensure that we are not in top gear and engine development is slower than it can be with just time and tech constraints.

vishnugupt

Country flag
Even if the Figure you quoted is unverified the The Amount Far less Compared Western And Chinese

for that The achieved The feet but Rather Slower compared To counter parts in west or chinese

Engines are different technological ball game

If Consider Failure as bench mark for Scientific advancement then You Will never Evolve

We Failed in multiple GSLV test or cryo engines in the past
even recently A GSLV failed at Cryo stage after so many development cost invested but GOI never held them for accountibility

Why bias With one of most important technology in aviation industry Which imported than LCA development

people who consider kaveri a failure Lack Scientific intellect or have corrupt notion of foreign lobbying
Dost, GOI/DRDO is doing the same as you want but all we are not able to see billions of doller !!

agar tumhe koi 1 lakh rupees de toh tum unhe kharch kar doge GTRE me toh or bhi bade wale baithe hai, Hence GOI has change strategy for DRDO projects. First DRDO have to develop core technology then they can lauch a project. GOI is funding well for core technologies and hopefully we will see a engine project.

WARREN SS

Country flag
Dost, GOI/DRDO is doing the same as you want but all we are not able to see billions of doller !!

agar tumhe koi 1 lakh rupees de toh tum unhe kharch kar doge GTRE me toh or bhi bade wale baithe hai, Hence GOI has change strategy for DRDO projects. First DRDO have to develop core technology then they can lauch a project. GOI is funding well for core technologies and hopefully we will see a engine project.
There is Always option To Give TOT to Private players
who interested like tata group or L&T others players

there is over scope of 800 engines in next 2 decades for programs

DRDO labs are not DSPSU's And they proved it many times in many projects

Lets not talk MOD efficiency on indigenous projects

UnderFingy

Country flag
There is Always option To Give TOT to Private players
who interested like tata group or L&T others players

there is over scope 800 engines in next 2 decades for programs

DRDO labs are not DSPSU's And they proved it many times in many projects
ToT from govt. funded labs to private players. Especially with an expensive project like Kaveri. I can only imagine the political shitstorm that this is gonna lead to.

WARREN SS

Country flag
ToT from govt. funded labs to private players. Especially with an expensive project like Kaveri. I can only imagine the political shitstorm that this is gonna lead to.
There Always tender System for this its best bet Like they Did with air india

Money collected Will used further R&D by DRDO along with Annual GOI budget

I think Time has come for this management Should done long Ago

If Govt labs can Work for DSPSU's Same cam be done With Private firms
in JV R&D projects in future DRPA does it why not DRDO

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles