LCA TEJAS MK1 & MK1A: News and Discussion

Spitfire9

Country flag
This us our first export attempt ,hal is compromising profit for market and globsl image...
To me it would not matter if HAL only made one rupee on a billion dollar deal. If deliveries were on time, quality was consistent, after sales support was good the value of the deal would be enormous in terms of engendering potential customer confidence.

...we can be the much needed intermediary between expensive west , low quality export choyna and heavy category russia.
I see it that way, too. You could fill that niche but I have my reservations about HAL performing as well as a non-PSU would perform. I would suggest getting another company involved in building aircraft in addition to HAL.

Haldilal

लड़ते लड़ते जीना है, लड़ते लड़ते मरना है
Country flag
To me it would not matter if HAL only made one rupee on a billion dollar deal. If deliveries were on time, quality was consistent, after sales support was good the value of the deal would be enormous in terms of engendering potential customer confidence.

I see it that way, too. You could fill that niche but I have my reservations about HAL performing as well as a non-PSU would perform. I would suggest getting another company involved in building aircraft in addition to HAL.
Ya'll Nibbiara forget about making profits. Hal dosen't even get payments from the MoD's. And if got almost after year's.

Haldilal

Country flag
Ya'll Nibbiars the same problem is also with the L&T shipyards don't get paid on time. Now running into huge debts if didn't win any major contract's then the management is seriously thinking if selling the shipyard's. Back in 2018 it had a debt of more than 2,500 crores. Now it's much higher. Forget about about Military Industrial Complex if can't even pay on time. Can't blame Hal alway's.

Haldilal

Country flag
Balance book cleared by IAF of 17k. Hal reported revenue of 22k.
Ya'll Nibbiars but hal had to take debt to service that and the interest incurred and plus one payment made another debt incurred as still the MoD is not making payments for the current contracts on time. This is a endless cycle of ineffectiveness mechanism.

Hal is in such a condition that it can even service the installment's. Then natural the debt and Interest is going to be incurred.

Haldilal

Country flag
Ya'll Nibbiara I am telling you if L & T shipyard dosen't win any major contract then they will sell it or shut it down. They are in extremely dedicated actuation and the management of the parent firms dosent wan't lose more money.

Ghost hale

Country flag
Ya'll Nibbiars but hal had to take debt to service that and the interest incurred and plus one payment made another debt incurred as still the MoD is not making payments for the current contracts on time. This is a endless cycle of ineffectiveness mechanism.

Hal is in such a condition that it can even service the installment's. Then natural the debt and Interest is going to be incurred.
U are using too many jargons to seem knowledgeable. Payments r not made in time which result in debt because of money picked from market. True. I am stating what is current situation. IAF has paid up. They have money for now. What will happen in two months or two years i m not predicting.

Haldilal

Country flag
U are using too many jargons to seem knowledgeable. Payments r not made in time which result in debt because of money picked from market. True. I am stating what is current situation. IAF has paid up. They have money for now. What will happen in two months or two years i m not predicting.
Ya'll Nibbiars that's what I am talking about the MoD dosent have a functional Mechanism for this and every Defence contractor is facing this situation. Some are above the read line some are below. Need to improve the mechanisem or else can't increase the efficiency.

Ghost hale

Country flag
Ya'll Nibbiars that's what I am talking about the MoD dosent have a functional Mechanism for this and every Defence contractor is facing this situation. Some are above the read line some are below. Need to improve the mechanisem or else can't increase the efficiency.
U will see decline in such issues with improvement in purchasing power. U also know what all is to be done and how much we have. Things r bad i know. But tomorrow seems brighter than yesterday.

Haldilal

Country flag
U will see decline in such issues with improvement in purchasing power. U also know what all is to be done and how much we have. Things r bad i know. But tomorrow seems brighter than yesterday.
Ya'll Nibbiars can't say until major changes are done in the MoD. The adaptability and beaurecy is to much lazy for such important ministry. And need total overhaul's. The military need more power on the decision making for quick results. Not to be stuck in the paper works and beaurecy. Give more decision making powers to the Service's.

Haldilal

Country flag
Ya'll Nibbiars remembers @Bhadra ji's post on this that how MoD dosent give any service free hands on this matters. Literary service personal have lot of anger towards the MoD's lazy beaurecy. Needs a total overhaul.

Ghost hale

Country flag
Ya'll Nibbiars can't say until major changes are done in the MoD. The adaptability and beaurecy is to much lazy for such important ministry. And need total overhaul's. The military need more power on the decision making fir quick results. Not to be stuck in the paper works and beaurecy. Give more decision making powers to the Service's.
Not sure if i agree. It was a politician who pushed tejas not IAF. Aatmanirbhar list is being pushed by political class. We like to be real patriot and don't question anything from armed forces but armed forces are to fight. Acquisition negotiation business is not their part to handle. They need to be kept in confidence but understanding should be made to go for 90% if it indeginous as lobby is also prevelant in defence.

Haldilal

Country flag
Ya'll Nibbiara money is there but previously were not utilizing it's properly and the money allocated that was not utilized was used for the other schemes specially social scheme.

The Mlecchas episode was a wake up call. And now we are utilities fund's than the sactioned. But need a better MoD's.

Last edited:

Haldilal

Country flag
Not sure if i agree. It was a politician who pushed tejas not IAF. Aatmanirbhar list is being pushed by political class. We like to be real patriot and don't question anything from armed forces but armed forces are to fight. Acquisition negotiation business is not their part to handle. They need to be kept in confidence but understanding should be made to go for 90% if it indeginous as lobby is also prevelant in defence.
Ya'll Nibbiars I strictly meant by the beaurecy not the political spectrum and let the service have the decision-making power they are going to use it's not the Beaurecy.

Ghost hale

Country flag
Money is not there. We overshoot last time. Inflation went 9 and we are agreeing on keeping it above 6 for atleast 3 years. It good to feel the way we feel like we r such great power but should see ground realities too.

Ghost hale

Country flag
Ya'll Nibbiars I strictly meant by the beaurecy not the political spectrum and let the service have the decision-making power they are going to use it's not the Beaurecy.
Bureaucracy is pessimistic by nature. Armed forces myopic. Political class needs to strike balance between two for proper delivery. So transferring roles can be an issue.it should be better accomodation of both ideology by political class which we are seeing for some time. Not enough though.

Haldilal

Country flag
Bureaucracy is pessimistic by nature. Armed forces myopic. Political class needs to strike balance between two for proper delivery. So transferring roles can be an issue.it would be better accomodation of both ideology by political class which we are seeing for some time. Not enough though.
Ya'll Nibbiara needs to increase the speed as we are in the most dangerous neighborhood's.

SimplyIndian

Country flag
Fuck demands. assassinate that arsehole by hiring cheap mercenaries... Dreams of becoming regional power and can't act like one that to Infront of puny country.
Actually he is helping hindus see real islam. He should do as many conferences as he can on hardcore islam and kafir. Tho the asset is negative but has huge positive value.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles