LCA TEJAS MK1 & MK1A: News and Discussion

Flying Dagger

Country flag
And no strikes as well.
Say Vietnam places an order to be delivered in 2 years, even if it takes a month to two more than it will negatively affect HALs image.
It's not just delay but what if some moron didn't tighten the screws properly.. like they did in past and made an aircraft crash. They will make an international mockery somehow we were able to control INSAS fiasco in Nepal or Dhruva in Ecuador buy we really need to check on HAL OFBs etc before they export their rubbish to other nations with Made in India tag.

Suryavanshi

Cheeni KLPDhokebaaz
They will make an international mockery somehow we were able to control INSAS fiasco in Nepal or Dhruva in Ecuador buy we really need to check on HAL OFBs etc before they export their rubbish to other nations with Made in India tag.
Well it's not like anyone can fire them. U can't even make a court case against the poor workers.

Privatisation is the only way.
Unless we Make a fundamental change in PSU.

Lal salam mitroo

rohit b3

Country flag
So 2020-21 (April to March) - 8 FOC (2 delivered, 6 to go)
2021-22 - 8 FOC
2022-23 - 8 Trainers
2023-24 onwards 16 Tejas mk1A
Delivery complete in 5 years , 2027-28.

Also someone please ask HVT why the 2 Tejas FOC is not deployed in Ladakh? 6 Sorties a day during Ex Gagan Shakti! highest score in weapons delivery! Low Flight cost per hour? They rather use an old Mig29/Mirage2000 with maintainable issues and higher operational cost?

scatterStorm

Country flag
2021-22 - 8 FOC
2022-23 - 8 Trainers

Also someone please ask HVT why the 2 Tejas FOC is not deployed in Ladakh? 6 Sorties a day during Ex Gagan Shakti! highest score in weapons delivery! Low Flight cost per hour? They rather use an old Mig29/Mirage2000 with maintainable issues and higher operational cost?
Affirmative, they are still shit scared that our Tejas are up to no good. Even bloody paki are doing helluva job to put there asset in operation shit retort.
At least they tighten screws better so that they could fly. :facepalm:

Sridhar_TN

Country flag
Affirmative, they are still shit scared that our Tejas are up to no good. Even bloody paki are doing helluva job to put there asset in operation shit retort.
At least they tighten screws better so that they could fly. :facepalm:

I think HAL should stick to just prototype design.

Manufacturing should be privatized.

Only way to go.

Flying Dagger

Country flag
2021-22 - 8 FOC
2022-23 - 8 Trainers

I am not sure but you did raised the same question before and were answered in the same forum so please go back and read it again.

Assassin 2.0

Country flag
He can build 100 but I have serious concern abt the quality control at HAL let them slowly build up the number else we may found ourselves with Tejas crashing here and there...

We may take help of Dassault to monitor and help them in production of Tejas quality check procedures etc since make in India made in india etc stuff for Rafale seems a long way ahead for now.
As far as i can see quality of tejas with time is just increasing not decreasing even when the production rate is increased from the past.
If we haven't seen degradation in quality till now then we should not make early assessments.

Assassin 2.0

Country flag
I think HAL should stick to just prototype design.

Manufacturing should be privatized.

Only way to go.
HAL in future will play role in just integration of parts together. Slowly and slowly HAL is out sourcing work to many private players. In fact in SU-30MKI private sector builds parts worth 12 million per jet.
HAL is not prototype designer that is the work for ADA. But as of now no one have large scale manufacturing infrastructure like HAL.
And if you will see today's interview of HAL chief he told shiv arroor that HAL drdo ADA and a private player. will make a new company to particularly manufacture AMCA.

Last edited:

daya

Country flag
Well it's not like anyone can fire them. U can't even make a court case against the poor workers.

Privatisation is the only way.
Unless we Make a fundamental change in PSU.

Lal salam mitroo
Sir, I have seen many private firms, some of them engaged in manufacturing parts for Guns and Tanks. You can not imagine, how the work goes there. Quality control!? The lala sits there and sucks the labour. The privatisation is not the remedy. Sarkari me officers ki fauj ho gayi hai jo kuchh nahi karti.. Jan neehe aapko log nahi chahiye to upar kaise badh rahe hain.. Jab privatisation hal hai to Police, Administration aur Revenue deprtament, privatize kyo nahi kiye jaate.. Koi bhi department ho, nikammo ko fire kiya jaana chahiye.. Officers apna hit saadhte hain sarkari me.. Private me keval ek lala hota hai.. yaha hazaron lala hote hai..

Suryavanshi

Cheeni KLPDhokebaaz
Sir, I have seen many private firms, some of them engaged in manufacturing parts for Guns and Tanks. You can not imagine, how the work goes there.
Now I'm genuinely curious mate which company may that be?
Quality control!? The lala sits there and sucks the labour.
Sucks the labourers? Are u talking about the working conditions?
And about quality contorl. Private company are accountable for their products, if they fuck up on the quality they won't get contract next time unlike PSU where u have to pay the inept workers regardless.

The privatisation is not the remedy. Sarkari me officers ki fauj ho gayi hai jo kuchh nahi karti.. Jan neehe aapko log nahi chahiye to upar kaise badh rahe hain..
Privatization isn't the Ideal solution but it's the practical one.
Jab privatisation hal hai to Police, Administration aur Revenue deprtament, privatize kyo nahi kiye jaate..
Sir this is a classic arguments used by commies.
Government ko ho privatise kardo.
Government and Industry are two different things.
Koi bhi department ho, nikammo ko fire kiya jaana chahiye.
Sir apko bhi pata he aur humko bhi pata he he kyo nahi ho sakta
Private me keval ek lala hota hai.. yaha hazaron lala hote hai..
Sir the thing about private industry is that u can migrate from one company to another no one stopd u. So if Lala is sucking u then u should probably migrate to a better lala.

When I say private industry I don't mean the backdrop city sweatshop. I'm talking about companies like l&t, Tata, Mahindra, Daimler, Punj Lyold.

daya

Country flag

And about quality contorl. Private company are accountable for their products, if they fuck up on the quality they won't get contract next time unlike PSU where u have to pay the inept workers regardless.

Sir the thing about private industry is that u can migrate from one company to another no one stopd u. So if Lala is sucking u then u should probably migrate to a better lala.

When I say private industry I don't mean the backdrop city sweatshop. I'm talking about companies like l&t, Tata, Mahindra, Daimler, Punj Lyold.
Sir, I must say that you have not visited any company. Just visit and see the contractual employee of any of the above stated company which you have mentioned. Every company sublet the contracts. It is very easy to say that Privatisation (In India) is remedy to all diseases. Being commie is another thing and being realistic another thing. Have you not seen the private contractor's employee that are hanging on 20 feet electric pole without any safety gear... Have you not seen sweepers in a sever pit without any safety gear? It is very easy to say that this is a language used by commies, and by saying so, you are doing the same what commies do. Dear sir, that person on an electric pole or in a sever pit can be our dear one. Sorry sir, privatisation is no remedy. The remedy is that Nakara should be fired, only three levels are required in hierarchy, just above the working hands. Are you aware that 30 percent cut in our government machinery was required by IMF/World bank, whatever it was, in 1990s, our government agreed to. But what happened, do you know, the posts were slashed more than 30 percent upto group B, but higher management posts were increased. Why? Nobody asks and who would reply?

FGFAPilot1

Country flag

Building healthy competition is the key. Just privatization without multiple players may lead to monopolies and duopolies. But yes, the first step is to encourage private players in the defense field.

Suryavanshi

Cheeni KLPDhokebaaz
Sir, I must say that you have not visited any company
My uncle owns three Embroidery factories I have visited then. I have a distant relative that is a civil contractor. Other than that I have been around people that own and work in MSMEs.
Still I'll not claim that it makes me expert in this regard. Just like everyone I have formed my own opinion on this matter that I believe.
Just visit and see the contractual employee of any of the above stated company which you have mentioned.
I have seen mate.
Every company sublet the contracts
Of course mate that's how the trickle down economy works.
It is very easy to say that Privatisation (In India) is remedy to all diseases. Being commie is another thing and being realistic another thing
Brother out of PSU and Corporate the latter is more of a practical option all around. Not the perfect but lesser of the two evils.
Have you not seen the private contractor's employee that are hanging on 20 feet electric pole without any safety gear... Have you not seen sweepers in a sever pit without any safety gear? It is very easy to say that this is a language used by commies, and by saying so, you are doing the same what commies do. Dear sir, that person on an electric pole or in a sever pit can be our dear one. Sorry sir, privatisation is no remedy.
Sir u have seen the guy on the pole and u have seen the guy in the sewer, ever bothered to Interact with them.
Ask them if they like their job, they'll say no.
Ask them if they want to leave their job, they'll probably say no. Why did he say no, well because he has to feed his family. Will u give him a better job?probably not.
There is a lack of jobs in India that's why people are ready to do even the lowest kind of jobs.
Good u don't believe in private industry then may as well Natioanlise everything from Civil construction to footwear company and see the result.
Will the one advocating for PSUs take the responsibility when buses run late or millk doesn't reach their doorstep?
U only see the hardship do u see the necessity behind it.
The remedy is that Nakara should be fired, only three levels are required in hierarchy, just above the working hands. Are you aware that 30 percent cut in our government machinery was required by IMF/World bank, whatever it was, in 1990s, our government agreed to. But what happened, do you know, the posts were slashed more than 30 percent upto group B, but higher management posts were increased. Why? Nobody asks and who would reply?
Yours is a very noble idea but is it practical?

BangaliBabu

Country flag
HAL in future will play role in just integration of parts together. Slowly and slowly HAL is out sourcing work to many private players.

And if you will see today's interview of HAL chief he told shiv arroor that HAL drdo ADA and a private player. will make a new company to particularly manufacture AMCA.
thank god. Wish this comes true. Such a consortium would be more efficient. I said a similar thing earlier also.

Yeloblu

Country flag
How is the new Japanese XF9-1 engine ?

Info on wiki looks pretty exciting

The XF9-1 is a twin-spool axial-flow afterburning turbofan with a dual redundant FADEC, consisting of a 3-stage fan, a 6-stage high-pressure compressor, an annular type combustor, a single-stage high-pressure turbine, a single-stage low-pressure turbine, an afterburner, and a convergent-divergent nozzle. The concept, slim and high-power, resulted in an approximately 30% higher thrust per unit cross-sectional area compared to the GE F110 the Mitsubishi F-2 is equipped with. To achieve this thrust level, a higher combustion temperature (1,800℃ class) and an optimized aerodynamic design were needed, which in turn required advanced material, manufacturing, cooling and fluid analysis technologies.

Each of the rotors is a blisk to contribute to weight reduction and downsizing. The combustor is equipped with patented new-type burners, Wide-angle Swirler, to facilitate stable combustion and more uniform heat distribution at the outlet. To reduce cost, the high-pressure turbine disk is manufactured by forging technique instead of powder metallurgy (PM) employed in the XF5; the material is a nickel-cobalt base superalloy, TMW-24, developed by NIMS, of which heat resistance is comparable to that of PM superalloys. Turbine blades made of a Japanese fifth generation nickel base single-crystal superalloy are friction welded to the disk to form the blisk, which is enclosed in the shroud made of ceramic matrix composites. The afterburner is a new type to eliminate the conventional annular flame holders to improve efficiency.

As another characteristic, the XF9-1 incorporates a starter generator that outputs 180 kW, meaning that a twin-engine fighter with this engine can be supplied with as much as 360 kW of electricity by engines alone.[4] The capacity is quite large compared to that of conventional fourth or fifth generation fighters such as the Boeing F-15E (76 kW), the Lockheed Martin F-22 (130 kW), and the Lockheed Martin F-35 (160 kW), allowing for next generation avionics and other high power consuming onboard devices and equipment.

In addition, a research to demonstrate thrust vectoring control and its failure handling technology is conducted from 2016 to 2020 in parallel with development of the engine. This research is aimed at achieving higher maneuverability and smaller control surfaces favorable to stealth aircraft. For the XF9-1, the XVN3-1 three-dimensional thrust vectoring nozzle is available, which can deflect thrust up to 20 degrees in all circumference directions.[7]

patriots

Defense lover
Country flag
Prototypes Of Three New Indigenous Fighters To Be Ready In Next Four Years. Here Are The Detailsh

Twin Engine Deck Based Fighter (@VishnuNDTV/Twitter)Twin Engine Deck Based Fighter (@VishnuNDTV/Twitter)
Defence
Prototypes Of Three New Indigenous Fighters To Be Ready In Next Four Years. Here Are The Details
By Swarajya Staff
June 29, 2020 at 6:04 PM
First the LCA Mk2 will come out, and then the TEDBF, and subsequently, the AMCA.

Hindustan Aeronautics Limited (HAL), India’s public-sector aerospace giant, is currently working on three indigenous fighter jets — Tejas Mk2, Twin Engine Deck Based Fighter derived from the naval version of the LCA, and the fifth-generation Advanced Medium Combat Aircraft (AMCA).

Speaking to Livefist, Chairman and Managing Director of HAL, R Madhavan, has said that the prototypes of the three fighters will be ready in the next four years.

“So first the LCA Mk2 will come out, and then the TEDBF and then AMCA. Prototypes of all three will be out within 3-4 years,” Madhavan said in the interview, adding that HAL was looking at a seven to eight year time-frame for ‘each of these aircraft getting airborne’.

LCA Mk2

Contrary to what its name suggests, LCA Mk2, a significantly modified version of LCA Mk1, will actually be a medium-weight fighter aircraft.

Among other changes, the GE F404 engine in LCA Mk1 will be replaced with the more powerful F414 turbofan, and canards will be added behind the cockpit.

While the new F414 turbofan engine will provide the fighter more thrust, canards will improve its manoeuvrability significantly.

Medium Weight Fighter (@nileshjrane/Twitter) Medium Weight Fighter (@nileshjrane/Twitter) 
As a result of the modifications being made by the Aeronautical Development Agency, the Mk2 variant will have higher payload capacities, giving it more weapon delivery options, and will carry more fuel, which will increase its range.

IAF may induct 12 LCA Mk2 squadrons (around 200 aircraft).

LCA Mk1 is already in squadron service with the Indian Air Force (IAF). The second Tejas squadron, Number 18 Squadron ‘Flying Bullets’, was operationalised in May. The first LCAs were inducted into Number 45 Squadron ‘Flying Daggers’ in 2016.

16 LCAs of the first order of 40 have been delivered to the IAF and a new order of 83 Mk.1A fighters is likely to be signed with HAL by the end of this year. HAL has improved the rate of production — a second assembly line has been set up.

“Our target rate is 16 [LCA fighters] per year, for which a second line has already been set up now. We can easily ramp up to 16-20 per year as and when we receive the 83 LCA order,” Madhavan has been quoted as saying.

Twin Engine Deck Based Fighter

TEDBF will be derived from the naval version of the LCA developed as a technology demonstrator.

The naval variant of the LCA has undergone a series of tests, including a series of arrested landings on the deck of aircraft carrier INS Vikramaditya in January this year to demonstrate the capability of its landing gear among other things.

Earlier, ADA was to develop a new version of the naval LCA.

However, due to design limitations, which were further complicated by the need for a heavy landing gear to bring a high-speed aircraft to a stop on the deck of the aircraft, the Navy and ADA were forced to ditch the plan.

A twin-engine fighter, which will have increased fuel and weapons carrying capability, is being developed now.

Twin Engine Deck Based Fighter (@VishnuNDTV/Twitter)Twin Engine Deck Based Fighter (@VishnuNDTV/Twitter)
“The single engine LCA is not the aircraft for the navy. It cannot meet the requirements. What the navy needs is a twin-engine aircraft, because then only it can carry armaments, because the landing gear itself is quite heavy. So a Twin Engined Deck Based Fighter is what we’re looking at for the navy,” Madhavan said, adding that the “ADA has started the project, and this month they have got the clearance, and they are expecting it to be in service in 6-7 years”.

The experience gained from the development and testing of the LCA’s naval variant and the designing of AMCA will feed into the TEDBF programme, although the fighter will not have stealth features like the latter.

The experience gained from the development and testing of the LCA’s naval variant and the designing of AMCA will feed into the TEDBF programme, although the fighter will not have stealth features like the latter.

ADA, reports say, “is studying at least 3 variations of the design of the fighter. It’s still unclear whether the new fighter will be a tail-less delta platform, similar to the IAF's LCA Tejas fighter or, for that matter, feature canards, a small forewing placed ahead of the main wing of the aircraft to aid manoeuvrability”.

Advanced Medium Combat Aircraft

AMCA, India’s fifth-generation stealth fighter, is no new news. It has been in development for some years now, and latest reports say that the fighter jet will be built in partnership with a private player.

Madhavan has said that HAL and DRDO are looking to form a joint venture with a private-sector firm to execute this project.

Advanced Medium Combat Aircraft (Twitter)Advanced Medium Combat Aircraft (Twitter)
“HAL and ADA are together in the design of AMCA. We are also looking at productionisation already — we want to create a special vehicle, a joint venture between HAL, DRDO and a private partner,” he has been quoted as saying.

According to a news report, the process of finding the private sector partner is all set to being and includes Larsen & Toubro, Lakshmi Machine Works Advanced Technology Centre, Tata Advanced Systems and at least three defence firms.

“Workshare, financials and other terms of reference are to be drawn up this year ahead of the decision on the private sector company,” the report says.

© Kovai Media Private Limited