LCA TEJAS MK1 & MK1A: News and Discussion

Ajax01

Country flag
Tejas Mk1A, even though belongs to a different weight class than J-10, is on par with it in terms of avionics.
The J-10B(bulk of the fleet) has a pulse doppler radar with range of 75-130km. Mk1A ELTA 2052 radar has a range of 150km for RCS of 1m^2.
Correct me if I am wrong but dont all radars have pulse doppler modes be it aesa pesa or phased array. Is the chinki one phased array?

rockstar

The first of the Light Combat Aircraft (LCA) Tejas in Final Operational Clearance (FOC) configuration SP-21 is ready for its first flight next week after it received crucial software upgrades from its partner Aeronautics Development Agency (ADA).

SP-21 sporting for the first time “Tipnis Grey” Paint scheme was sported at main runway of the old HAL Airport this week carrying out crucial Fast Taxi Trials after rectification and improved software upgrades which clears SP-21 to engage its engines for a better rate of climbs after take-off thus gaining altitudes at much faster rates.

Sources close to idrw.org have informed us that FOC Tejas are more combat-ready and come with more weapons integration so that once the second squadron levels of 16 jets are made it can move to forward airbases. Some Important upgrades to the software and Tweaks to the engine will allow FOC Tejas to be used in Interceptor Roles with better performance after incorporating feedback from the pilots of the first squadron which has performed over 2000 sorties since 2016.
View attachment 44391

No fixed refuel probe? means this is not the FOC air craft picture!

Hydra3

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
And what supa pawa weapons does Blunder have ? You know Tejas isnt battle ready? What is the requirement for battle ready?

Will be integrated but it won't stop the Tejas from getting FOC.

Blunder 3 has a shit AESA KLJ 7A isn't half as capable as 2052 or Uttam. Tejas still has First Look First Shoot. Thing is Porks are treating Blunder like a Pizza , its a shit pizza with toppings which are not even properly supported by the power generation of Russki engine. So toppings are Chinese bat droppings
What all are the weapons integrated with LCA so far?
So though we will be getting foc,it cannot be taken to Warfiel,am I right?
Highly incapable radar w.r.t 2052. But again,2052 will be fielded with MK1a which will not be inducted befir 2023.

Atcjurvin

Sahi me bc dimag ki maa behan kar diya hai. Isse bada chutiya aaj tak nahi dekha. Ye to porkis se bhi bada waala hai.

Ajax01

Country flag

Flying Dagger

Country flag
Jaguar and Mirage are two different category aircraft so there is no division. Division happened between Mirage and Mig 29 and combined numbers of all three aircraft are very decent as per the requirement so don't say they were forced/pushed/Exploited etc.
One thing you forget to tell us when Cry baby demanding 300 Mirages they actually got 272 Su30mki

Don't lie, ADA/HAL never promised moon or sun. these organizations work on requirement given by Cry baby not to mention it is Cry baby job to give requirements which are viable for decades it's not ordering dinner or snacks but Cry baby disillusion by shinny toys from neighbour and change requirements. Tejas Mk1, Mk1A, MK2 are same what IAF demanded and what is IAF contribution to developing these products ?? Zero
People here easily get fooled that Mig 21 crashed happened duo to HAL. it is propaganda spread by IAF with the help of paid journalists compare this with Tejas safety records you will get clear picture.
Mig 21 Crashes actually happened due IAF bought faulty/used spares parts from Ukraine, not from original manufactures.

First, nobody complaining why IAF bought 75 without SUPPORT CONTRACT ( or any necessary procurement ) so don't assume things. Secondly, Now HTT40 is ready so where is urgent 25 additional trainer requirements?? waiting for Pilatus to disband ?

Thanks for writing this line, Thank you so much
This is the Cry baby"s attitude which need to be shed.
1. Different category ?

Nope In 70s Jaguar and Anglo French product was offered but French came in and offered Mirage 2000 .

But Jaguar was chosen due to politics b/w India and UK.

200 Jags and atleast 200 Mirage were decided upon.

Later Mirage was dropped for Mig 29 and even they didn't got included.

The delivery of Jag was so slow by HAL that even in 2000s the order didn't completed.

Order of 274 Sukhoi is different altogether.. you were talking abt category..

Mirage and Sukhoi are in complete different category but to make a point you have to say any gibberish now. May be you have contract if making categories can't blame you.

The requirement is for 45 squadron and 274 Su are barely 14 squadrons.

Even their delivery was delayed by HAL.

IAF would have been happier with a little less no. Of Sukhoi if they had ample Mig29/35 or Mirage 2k .

120 Mig + Mirage2k against a requirement of 400 light attack/interceptor.. that's good enough?

This is the reason old guns like Mig 27/23/21 were still operational and falling down.

The aircraft made by HAL sufffer quality issues the engine made under license by them for Jaguar and Hawk both non russian have a history of issues.

We lost a hawk due to engine issue.

Same goes with the maintenance and overhauling they do.

Upgraded Mirage goes down but no worries IAF is the cry baby .

HAL played around with Hawk production for years.. they couldn't deliver it on time and what they delivered lack quality. The engine problem of Hawk and crash is due to people who thinks vo sarkari damad hain kuch bhi kare koi ghanta kuch nhi karega.

They forced IAF for HPT 32 and it's safety issues were remarkable for a rookie pilot to start with. Now when they were being replaced by a proven quality product they had a proposal to stop the Import and buy what they will make.

Even now They have nothing completed in trainer aircrafts everything is in transit phase..and IAF training suffered.. so get your facts right.

A softie by IAF chief in Dec didn't mean all work is done.. even then they have already blocked any purchase so be happy abt it.

You want IAF to continue suffer aircraft shortage in training or order HAL to built trainer for them and wait for a product which could turnout another failure .

I salute gibberish from your side.. it has no equal.

Flying Dagger

Country flag
Yes I am 1990s kid so yeah I don't know what happened then.
Wao in 1980s they started LCA and they wanted it by 1990....waaaoooo....
Politics for sure might be playing with defense but there was no Aerospace workplace at that time....we still don't have...

300 Mirage when. ....??? Lol.....
I don't believe 300 odd mirages were ever planned. . MMRCA first wanted France to offer Mirage but they refused and sent Rafale.... Ask Con why they sat on it for more than a decade.... We got Rafale 36 as a face saving else the deal was already dead.

No My friend nothing was done in 70s.... You are pushing the timelines by atleast a decade....

I will agree to that....

Don't trust HAL DRDO or ADA.

My kind .... Yours aswell.... I criticise both sides and do not get blind against any ....

Really please provide proof and Lodge a PIL aswell....

IAF could have started with a order of a batch 16 aircrafts at a time and would have kept sharing there new requirement.... But they want to reach to the 100th floor using parachute drop and not stairs which is never possible.... We could have started building LCA atleast 7-8 years back had IAF backed it up .....

I don't believe anyone can force them to buy anything.....
Example IA killer Arjun as they didn't want it.....
They have agreed to 123 Tejas which in itself is a proof ...

Here I was questioning HAL ADA DRDO only...... And yes they are busy thinking how to do time pass......

Link to this information please.....

IAF is delaying induction of LCH LUH with providing IOC and FOC same was with Tejas.
They will push the govt till the extent that govt is forced to buy expensive of the shelf imported products at the end....
They have done it many times ..... IA also....

IN is an odd one out here.....
It doesn't matter you are from 90s or not most of guys here are but you can always read and learn.. which I did

And it was going on since 70s many says Tejas started from 1993 I am ok with whatever you may feel. But we had HAL Marut then.. the industry was there.. limited but still there..

You don't know IAF wanted around 300 more Mirage then it's your fault. You can simply Google and learn abt the original order from France and then what IAF asked for in 2000.

Now if you criticize both good.. criticizing all is a good job. But here one must understand IAF has to defend if they miss you'll complain like 27 Feb . So atleast let them have a little bit choice of weapons.

And yes deals are forced upon time to time.. it can be forced by PSU nexus and politics.
Look at OFB products and price you'll know. 118 Arjun ordered again I guess.

You want IAF to give orders for LUH right now good but do answer if LUH is a completed product ?

After IOC , integration and flight testing of mission and role equipment have to be done but IAF should have them right now because we have people going pulkit with mere sight of it.

Fcuk IOC FOC lets make it a law what HAL will make IAF have to take .

( Criticize both sides like that ? )

See I can't spoon feed you anything continue criticizing whoever you wish.. Thanks.

Flying Dagger

Country flag
Guys I have gud news and bad news, bad news is sp20 first flight may get postponed due FCS updates ( validation not completed ) gud news is sp21 also nearly completed some Minor works remains, may be we can hear back to back first flight in this month sp23 and 24 in their last leg of fiting out, mostly first teams foc squ will be in may - June time interval,
Thats what they said they'll do in an article. Good for them and IAF .A squadron with 4 FOC aircrafts in coming months.

vishnugupt

Country flag
1. Different category ?

Nope In 70s Jaguar and Anglo French product was offered but French came in and offered Mirage 2000 .

The delivery of Jag was so slow by HAL that even in 2000s the order didn't completed.

Mirage and Sukhoi are in complete different category but to make a point you have to say any gibberish now. May be you have contract if making categories can't blame you.

IAF would have been happier with a little less no. Of Sukhoi if they had ample Mig29/35 or Mirage 2k .

120 Mig + Mirage2k against a requirement of 400 light attack/interceptor.. that's good enough?

This is the reason old guns like Mig 27/23/21 were still operational and falling down.

The aircraft made by HAL sufffer quality issues the engine made under license by them for Jaguar and Hawk both non russian have a history of issues.

HAL played around with Hawk production for years.. they couldn't deliver it on time and what they delivered lack quality. The engine problem of Hawk and crash is due to people who thinks vo sarkari damad hain kuch bhi kare koi ghanta kuch nhi karega.

They forced IAF for HPT 32 and it's safety issues were remarkable for a rookie pilot to start with. Now when they were being replaced by a proven quality product they had a proposal to stop the Import and buy what they will make.

Even now They have nothing completed in trainer aircrafts everything is in transit pha
1. Different category ?

Even now They have nothing completed in trainer aircrafts everything is in transit phase..and IAF training suffered.. so get your facts right.

A softie by IAF chief in Dec didn't mean all work is done.. even then they have already blocked any purchase so be happy abt it.

You want IAF to continue suffer aircraft shortage in training or order HAL to built trainer for them and wait for a product which could turnout another failure .

I salute gibberish from your side.. it has no equal.[/QUOTE
Bhai, Could you please elaborate When and why these 400 mirage were needed??
Is there anyone who can thinks logic behind this 400Mirage requirement ??
Mirage and Mig29 bought in response of F-16 procurement by PAF which is logical and sufficient in number. Politics happened between Mirage 2k and Mig 29 but IAF got what was needed, a worth jet against F16.
Jaguar bought by IAF as a strike fighter after extensive trials and please nobody forced IAF ( But in my personal opinion Jaguar deal was biggest scam in IAF's history ). This plane was highly incapable since it's birth and you should thanks HAL which actually give Darine varient which is most advance varient. Delay was bound to happen because HAL made countless improvement in Jaguar even today.... So who is suffering??
Su30mki is different catagory but it can perform Jaguar, Mirage, Mig29 roles so please count it as a requirement which was got fulfilled
And please don't repeat word delay again and again.... Delay is not a new thing. 5-6 year delay is norm in defence... Tell me a country or project which didn't get delayed.
1. Different category ?

I salute gibberish from your side.. it has no equal.
Mirage and Mig29 bought in response of F-16 procurement by PAF which is logical and sufficient in number. Politics happened between Mirage 2k and Mig 29 but IAF got what was needed, a worth jet against F16.
Jaguar bought by IAF as a strike fighter after extensive trials and please nobody forced IAF ( But in my personal opinion Jaguar deal was biggest scam in IAF's history ). This plane was highly incapable since it's birth and you should thanks HAL which actually give Darine varient which is most advance varient. Delay was bound to happen because HAL made countless improvement in Jaguar even today.... So who is suffering??
Su30mki is different catagory but it can perform Jaguar, Mirage, Mig29 roles so please count it as a requirement which was got fulfilled
And please don't repeat word delay again and again.... Delay is not a new thing. 5-6 year delay is norm in defence... Tell me a country or project which didn't get delayed.
Rest I have already replied and please don't say things which I neither said nor I meant

rockstar

Rest I have already replied and please don't say things which I neither said nor I meant

Just a funny question, which one would IAF pick today given a choice? LCA MK1 or Jags-latest darin varient?

vishnugupt

Country flag
Just a funny question, which one would IAF pick today given a choice? LCA MK1 or Jags-latest darin varient?
Can't you see/read news???
France has offered retired Jaguars to Cry baby as a compliment which IAF accepted gracefully. But Tejas is delayed/obsolete ( Same like, during our childhood we go near by shop with our parents and shopkeeper offers us some candies apart from main item )

Gandaberunda

Country flag
Can't you see/read news???
France has offered retired Jaguars to Cry baby as a compliment which IAF accepted gracefully. But Tejas is delayed/obsolete ( Same like, during our childhood we go near by shop with our parents and shopkeeper offers us some candies apart from main item )
IAF is still using/ accepted jaguars in inventory because they are the only one can carry nuclear warheads and strike. Untill new platform fighter jets are mated with our nuclear weapons jaguars will stay in IAF inventory

vishnugupt

Country flag
IAF is still using/ accepted jaguars in inventory because they are the only one can carry nuclear warheads and strike. Untill new platform fighter jets are mated with our nuclear weapons jaguars will stay in IAF inventory
Bhai .... This is not 1960 this is 2020. You are still thinking that you can do a nuclear strike by Jaguar? Or by any aircraft?? For some extent cruise missile can be fired from aircrafts
Now days Nuclear missiles do this job

Gandaberunda

Country flag
Bhai .... This is not 1960 this is 2020. You are still thinking that you can do a nuclear strike by Jaguar? Or by any aircraft?? For some extent cruise missile can be fired from aircrafts
Now days Nuclear missiles do this job
Here the talk was not on nuclear missiles but nuclear strike by aircraft and in IAF inventory only jaguars can deliver nuclear war heads strike hence jaguars retained

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles