LCA TEJAS MK1 & MK1A: News and Discussion

Assassin 2.0

Country flag
I don't get the point here,the lacuna of MKI on EW was well known years before. It lacks MAWS ,no self production jammers etc. Then why the hell we keep on inducted this bird, instead we should have inducted upgraded MKI insted of creating the same MKI of 2003 and planing for super sukhoi.why didn't we made super Sukhoi?
TARANG, developed by DARE, intercepts and identifies airborne and ground based acquisition, target tracking and missile guidance radars in multi-octave frequency bands. The system provides audio and visual warnings in order to alert the pilot against imminent threats and their current state viz. Search, Track and / or missile in air. It cues the onboard self protection jammer to counter each of the detected threats with the most optimum countermeasure technique, besides acting as master of the Counter Measures Dispensing System (CMDS). TARANG RWR is on par with the best in the world and is operational in many IAF and IN aircraft platforms.

dare3.jpeg

Assassin 2.0

Country flag
aq3.png

Aircraft Mounted Accessory Gearbox (AMAGB)
AMAGB is a single input and multi output gearbox mounted on LCA MK I aircraft. Two hydraulic pumps capable of 110 lpm at 280 bar each, one IDG of 30/40 KVA installed on the forward face of AMAGB. AMAGB has the capability to transmit 185 KW power at 16,810 RPM with overall weight of 38 kg. In addition, a Jet Fuel Starter with facility to start the engine on ground at SL and up to 4 KM altitude is also mounted on the forward face of gearbox.

AMAGB is designed and developed by CVRDE, Chennai. AMAGB is type approved in 2010. Manufactured by HAL Engine Division through TOT

( yes i agree many things we import Equipments indigenous percentage is less than desired but still we cannot undermine the good work which is happening till the time Tejas mature many things in the aircraft will be indigenous from BVRAAM to state of the art composite materials structure to many big and small things even technological advanced countries like Sweden depends on others for engine technology. )

nongaddarliberal

Country flag
LCA Tejas is pretty much our equivalent of the Chinese J 10, in terms of rationale for design and production. A cheap single engine 4th gen fighter, meant to be produced in large numbers as the "low" component in a high-low mix of fighters. (I'm aware Tejas program started before J 10). The Chinese have produced 350 J 10's of various versions, while we have produced 18 Tejas till now. Forget about equipping their own air force, they wanted to equip their client state Pakistan with cheap fighters, so they have additionally produced 140 JF 17's till now and allowed the pakis to call it a pakistani aircraft.

In the face of all of this, IAF makes issues about Tejas, and HAL keeps delaying it. It has been delayed once again now. Look at the big picture. They have produced a grand total of 490 fighters for themselves and their client state, while we produced 18. And then we cry about not having enough fighters. This is pathetic.

Aniruddha Mulay

LCA Tejas is pretty much our equivalent of the Chinese J 10, in terms of rationale for design and production. A cheap single engine 4th gen fighter, meant to be produced in large numbers as the "low" component in a high-low mix of fighters. (I'm aware Tejas program started before J 10). The Chinese have produced 350 J 10's of various versions, while we have produced 18 Tejas till now. Forget about equipping their own air force, they wanted to equip their client state Pakistan with cheap fighters, so they have additionally produced 140 JF 17's till now and allowed the pakis to call it a pakistani aircraft.

In the face of all of this, IAF makes issues about Tejas, and HAL keeps delaying it. It has been delayed once again now. Look at the big picture. They have produced a grand total of 490 fighters for themselves and their client state, while we produced 18. And then we cry about not having enough fighters. This is pathetic.
The Chinese as of 2020 have more than 500 J-10

WolfPack86

Country flag
Final Operational Clearance (FOC) block, SP-21 Ready for the first flight
The first of the Light Combat Aircraft (LCA) Tejas in Final Operational Clearance (FOC) configuration SP-21 is ready for its first flight next week after it received crucial software upgrades from its partner Aeronautics Development Agency (ADA) along with teething issues with FOC equipment were resolved after rectification and multiple tests. SP-21 sporting for the first time “Tipnis Grey” Paint scheme was sported at main runway of the old HAL Airport this week carrying out crucial Fast Taxi Trials after rectification and improved software upgrades which clears SP-21 to engage its engines for a better rate of climbs after take-off thus gaining altitudes at much faster rates. Sources close to idrw.org have informed us that FOC Tejas are more combat-ready and come with more weapons integration so that once the second squadron levels of 16 jets are made it can move to forward airbases. Some Important upgrades to the software and Tweaks to the engine will allow FOC Tejas to be used in Interceptor Roles with better performance after incorporating feedback from the pilots of the first squadron which has performed over 2000 sorties since 2016. LCA-Tejas is our product, we can perform minor improvements and customization based on inputs from the squadron level pilots without need to run to OEMs said one of the informed sources close to idrw.org. SP-21 incorporates all the FOC configuration plus one suggested at a later stage and HAL has put efforts to make sure that from start SP-21 to SP-36 all come with the same equipment and do not have minor deviation as seen in the aircraft of first squadrons and maintains the same production quality so that upgraded Tejas Mk1A production line will be smoother and faster.
https://idrw.org/final-operational-clearance-foc-block-sp-21-ready-for-the-first-flight/#more-223105

Hydra3

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
:pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound:

Then what is this?
View attachment 44396

SAP-518 integrated on Su-30MKI wing tip stations.It's an electronic counter measure podded system. Impregnable.

Extremely effective against radars & EM/RF missiles in its operating band of 5-18GHz.

These jammer's Will be replaced by DRDO DARE’s High Band Jammer (HBJ).

View attachment 44397
KAB-500R.

Su-30 MAWS Is DRDO made Tarang system.

Looks like you follow that American lobbyist Abhijit guy.
I said something & you comprehended something else.
Instead of inducting mii in current system we should have started inducting super Sukhoi from 2015 or so. I was hearing super Sukhoi for 8 yeras to so if my memory is correct.

Hydra3

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
Then how SU-30 made PAF bombs divert their path or how jammers helped to spoof 4 Amraam fired on the single jet. :biggrin2:
It's the appearances of mig 21s from nowhere ( PAF AWACS couldn't detect it first due to the geography) made them flee.
And asper IAF itself,MKI didn't jam the missile some simple evasive maneuvers by MKI fooled that missiles. Reason is simple,no BVR will made a kill in that exorbitant long range.

Hydra3

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
TARANG, developed by DARE, intercepts and identifies airborne and ground based acquisition, target tracking and missile guidance radars in multi-octave frequency bands. The system provides audio and visual warnings in order to alert the pilot against imminent threats and their current state viz. Search, Track and / or missile in air. It cues the onboard self protection jammer to counter each of the detected threats with the most optimum countermeasure technique, besides acting as master of the Counter Measures Dispensing System (CMDS). TARANG RWR is on par with the best in the world and is operational in many IAF and IN aircraft platforms.

View attachment 44398
Tarang is a RW system,it will give notify you that your aircraft is getting illuminated by an unknown or hostile frequency, especially a fire control radar. Correct me if I am wrong.
MAWs is some things different,it can even detect the UV light emotion by an approaching missile,Tarang doesn't have that capability.

Hydra3

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
It won't be so bad . Remember we will be getting S 400 SAMs which will be able to shoot pak jets at long range.
S400 is potent SAM system,no doubt on that but
1) we are not purchasing the s400 complete package,it lacks some missiles.
2) S400 is still a defensive system like each and every SAM. If we are operating inside Pakistani airspace,I don't think s400 will give any advantage for our offensive action until we deployed it inside Pakistan,which is not going to happen.

Defcon 1

Country flag
I don't get the point here,the lacuna of MKI on EW was well known years before. It lacks MAWS ,no self production jammers etc. Then why the hell we keep on inducted this bird, instead we should have inducted upgraded MKI insted of creating the same MKI of 2003 and planing for super sukhoi.why didn't we made super Sukhoi?
Su30 MKI has israeli EL-8222 self protection jammer installed.

Defcon 1

Country flag
S400 is potent SAM system,no doubt on that but
1) we are not purchasing the s400 complete package,it lacks some missiles.
2) S400 is still a defensive system like each and every SAM. If we are operating inside Pakistani airspace,I don't think s400 will give any advantage for our offensive action until we deployed it inside Pakistan,which is not going to happen.
1. We are deliberately not purchasing the shorter range missiles of S400 system because we already have other missiles in that class, akash and MRSAM.
2. The range of S400 is close to 400 km. In most places, the entire depth of Pakistan is not 400 km. So if S400 deployed close to border, it will be able to cover most of Pakistani airspace. Though with longer range missiles, we will not be able to target their fighters but mostly their force multipliers such as AWACS and refuellers.

fire starter

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
Tarang is a RW system,it will give notify you that your aircraft is getting illuminated by an unknown or hostile frequency, especially a fire control radar. Correct me if I am wrong.
MAWs is some things different,it can even detect the UV light emotion by an approaching missile,Tarang doesn't have that capability.
for that we also have maws system developed by drdo.........

Global Defence

New threads

Articles