Korean KF-X Fighter Program

Tactical Doge

𝕱𝖔𝖔𝖑𝖘 𝖗𝖚𝖘𝖍 𝖆𝖓𝖉 𝖆𝖓𝖌𝖊𝖑𝖘 𝖋𝖊𝖆𝖗
Country flag

Lonewolf

Psychopathic Neighbour
Country flag
You're looking at that comparison image (which I don't know is done to scale) to make that assertion, whereas if you'd seen the images and videos of the KF-21 launch, you'd see that it's radome is quite large.
Yeah but maybe same size as amca

Leonardo Alves

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
You know the president of Korea could be one of the reasons why Korea didn't get too heavy support from USA for their fifth generation fighter program.
Not like USA would ever give them the technology but the attitude of the current President of korea leaves too much to be desired and USA could have use the attitude of current korea government for it.

Spitfire9

Country flag
You know the president of Korea could be one of the reasons why Korea didn't get too heavy support from USA for their fifth generation fighter program.
Not like USA would ever give them the technology but the attitude of the current President of korea leaves too much to be desired and USA could have use the attitude of current korea government for it.
Sounds like US propaganda to me. My take: US is not happy for South Korea to do what China tells it to do. US wants South Korea to do what US tells it to do.

All Indian fighter programmes depend on US for engines. It will be interesting to see if KF-X is affected by US-South Korea relations.

Last edited:

Tshering22

Sikkimese Saber
Country flag
Sounds like US propaganda to me. My take: US is not happy for South Korea to do what China tells it to do. US wants South Korea to do what US tells it to do.

All Indian fighter programmes depend on US for engines. It will be interesting to see if KF-X is affected by US-South Korea relations.
South Korea cannot afford to take a side unless PLA invades them. Historically, Koreans have a bigger grouse with the Japan than they do with China due to WW2 era and they are not comfortable even today. Korea and China maintain a commercially friendly relationship & Korea does not want to shake the boat too much.

If the KF-21 project gets impacted, then I wonder what lessons we would draw from this, given that our entire Tejas MK1A+MK2 and AMCA are dependent on GE engines.

Spitfire9

Country flag
South Korea cannot afford to take a side unless PLA invades them. Historically, Koreans have a bigger grouse with the Japan than they do with China due to WW2 era and they are not comfortable even today. Korea and China maintain a commercially friendly relationship & Korea does not want to shake the boat too much.

If the KF-21 project gets impacted, then I wonder what lessons we would draw from this, given that our entire Tejas MK1A+MK2 and AMCA are dependent on GE engines.
That (US involvement in Tejas) has been considered for a long time. Would still have warranted consideration if EJ200 had ousted GE414. Only form of freedom = ... everyone knows.

asianobserve

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag

SoKor is one of US' strategic allies. Just look at how US allows SoKor to share and manufacture its latest tech through SoKor companies like Samsung. And US will no doubt defend SoKor against a NoKor invasion.

But when it comes to cutting edge weapons tech TOT like easa radar, engine tech, etc., US will not transfer those to SoKor, or even its other closest allies like Australia or even UK. The US will do tot on older tech.

Global Defence

Articles