Know Your 'Rafale'

scatterStorm

Country flag
IMHO,well no political party is all clean and shiny, but in the name of national security common citizens to be denied RTI, than what was the point of having a democracy and RTI on the first place when you can't question on the economics of the deal, what will happen to our national security if just plain numbers were made available, our airbases will get invaded or what... No! That's :bs:pERIOD

Armand2REP

CHINI EXPERT
Country flag
https://theaviationist.com/tag/f-35b-stovl/page/2/

People keep forgetting, the F-35A/B/C are still stealthier than the any other 4.5 gen aircraft even with external payload. It's standard EW suite is good enough to keep a very low profile and can carry plenty of payload. The F-35's Internal load is perfectly fine to operate for most LHDs including from INS Vikramaditya and future IAC-1/2 and hopefully the Juan Carlos LPDs which I hope IN orders. By Block-4, the F-35 will be deploying among the widest set of modern weapons from US, Israel, Norway, Japan etc including Meteor, Derby-ER, SDB, Asraams, JSM. If a Rafale can sneak in and hit targets the F-35 can only do it way better.
People keep forgetting, ie you, that the Chief of the IAF came out and said they don't want F-35. I don't know how much clearer that needs to be.

pankaj nema

Country flag

scatterStorm

Country flag
I saw the video by this dude, somewhat explains the economics of the deal:

But one thing is clear, whatever party comes, UPA or NDA it's like the libtards vs roughnecks in US, sub sale ek hi thali kai chatte batte hai (everybody dine's on a single plate)... a plate filled with hardworking tax payers.

I am pretty sure, there's something shit going on in the deal, and IAF has the bloody hands too.:frusty:

BC in honey logo ka chutiya katne ka tekha lekey rakha hai... or defence acquisitions ko Mazak :facepalm:

let's see what this macroni... does. :playball:

undeadmyrmidon

I saw the video by this dude, somewhat explains the economics of the deal:

But one thing is clear, whatever party comes, UPA or NDA it's like the libtards vs roughnecks in US, sub sale ek hi thali kai chatte batte hai (everybody dine's on a single plate)... a plate filled with hardworking tax payers.

I am pretty sure, there's something shit going on in the deal, and IAF has the bloody hands too.:frusty:

BC in honey logo ka chutiya katne ka tekha lekey rakha hai... or defence acquisitions ko Mazak :facepalm:

let's see what this macroni... does. :playball:
It's govt to govt deal. 0 chance of corruption unless entire MoD was involved on both sides. Go troll elsewhere Congi!

Immanuel

Country flag
Could be Scorpene
People keep forgetting, ie you, that the Chief of the IAF came out and said they don't want F-35. I don't know how much clearer that needs to be.
You keep forgetting that IAF Chiefs change virtually every other year, also the MOD can always change the direction of the IAF's goals. You also forget how companies like Dassault, LM have and can lobby their way into decision making and they are very powerful forces. Tomorrow the MOD can politely go tell IAF to piss off for additional Rafale orders and accept only Indian made products or more MKI instead.

Adioz

शक्तिः दुर्दम्येच्छाशक्त्याः आगच्छति
I don't think the president of France would go all the way to India unless something was going to be signed. That is why he has a plethora of ministers to go before him. Maybe it is Rafale, maybe it is Scorpene, maybe it is both. He wouldn't go just to be told off.
Its the deal of allowing Indian vessels to use French facilities in the IOR.

You keep forgetting that IAF Chiefs change virtually every other year, also the MOD can always change the direction of the IAF's goals. You also forget how companies like Dassault, LM have and can lobby their way into decision making and they are very powerful forces. Tomorrow the MOD can politely go tell IAF to piss off for additional Rafale orders and accept only Indian made products or more MKI instead.
Which is why I fear what will happen to AMCA once Pappu is in power, either in 2019 or in 2024. I hope Modi stays on by some miracle post-2024 or someone else takes over Congress and slaps some sense in the idiots running it now.

Armand2REP

CHINI EXPERT
Country flag
Could be Scorpene

The IAF Chief represents the best interests of the IAF. Those do not change with a new Chief. They have gone on record for several years the requirement for at least 72 Rafale and an original requirement for 128. You forget that the Rafale went up against all of the contenders and beat them in a transparent and fair competition. The government priority after the wishes of the IAF is to Make in India. There is nothing of the F-35 programme left to be made with so many promises to other nations. India will choose that which fits the Make in India policy.

BON PLAN

-*-
Contributor
Country flag
No deal for additional Rafales will happen before elections next year are over. Moreso, we can probably allocate money for another 36 for IAF + 57 for Navy, taking the total to 129. This could only happen if IN & IAF agree to buy the same jet by understanding without trials of the Rafale or realistically the Super Hornet outperforms the Rafale in carrier ops in trials and 36 Rafales come and 57 SH block-3s for IN. Eitherway there will be atleast 36 more Rafales in IAF eventually.
I think it's the best Dassault can have : 36 more Rafale for IAF (maybe a last third batch for a total of 108) and the 57 for IN.
Rafale M is better than SH18. Lighter, more range, more load, more agility, same radar technology (but smaller antenna) and stealthier.

Immanuel

Country flag
The IAF Chief represents the best interests of the IAF. Those do not change with a new Chief. They have gone on record for several years the requirement for at least 72 Rafale and an original requirement for 128. You forget that the Rafale went up against all of the contenders and beat them in a transparent and fair competition. The government priority after the wishes of the IAF is to Make in India. There is nothing of the F-35 programme left to be made with so many promises to other nations. India will choose that which fits the Make in India policy.
ahaha the only thing transpraent about the Rafale deal was the signing of the deal and breakdown of the deal value. How it miraculously was L-1 while it wasn't really during the entire MRCA debcale is well known and documented. IAF chief's are cut from the cloth of babudom and they are today the least capable when it comes to decison making in the 3 services. F-35 can easily be had under MII since any deal would obviously be of a large number.

Immanuel

Country flag
Its the deal of allowing Indian vessels to use French facilities in the IOR.

Which is why I fear what will happen to AMCA once Pappu is in power, either in 2019 or in 2024. I hope Modi stays on by some miracle post-2024 or someone else takes over Congress and slaps some sense in the idiots running it now.
Pappu or not a subsequent buy of 36 more Rafale is more than welcome but it would be difficult to break this barrier since budgets are thin. Hec,k me ranting about the F-35 or FGFA or more Rafales than 36 won't magically happen if more money is not poured in.

Have said this before and will say it again, they need to gradually increase GDP allocated to defence from levels now to atleast 3-5% by 2030.

Tactical Frog

Country flag
ahaha the only thing transpraent about the Rafale deal was the signing of the deal and breakdown of the deal value. How it miraculously was L-1 while it wasn't really during the entire MRCA debcale is well known and documented. IAF chief's are cut from the cloth of babudom and they are today the least capable when it comes to decison making in the 3 services. F-35 can easily be had under MII since any deal would obviously be of a large number.
What kind of alternate reality are you living in ? F-35 is an incredibly complex multinational program already including a dozen of countries. Making space for India is only possible if Americans decrease their workshare and give some work to Tata and other Indian private companies. No other country will give India a piece of the cake. But that is not in line with America First policy !

EDIT Actatually only 9 “supplier” countries looking at f35.com. But whatever. You just don’t jump in the train like that and ask for Make in India.

Last edited:

smestarz

Country flag
Presidents come and go, your president can suggest India to take the moon, but India would be going as per its Strategic needs, So if your French president comes to India all the way, thats because he wants business and opportunities, The canadian president came before him, did we buy any planes from Canada??? LOL

I don't think the president of France would go all the way to India unless something was going to be signed. That is why he has a plethora of ministers to go before him. Maybe it is Rafale, maybe it is Scorpene, maybe it is both. He wouldn't go just to be told off.

BON PLAN

-*-
Contributor
Country flag
Juan Carlos carried the Harrier AV-8B .. so should be enough.
It an F-35 can take down any air plane, its good enough,
It's not because Juan Carlos is embarking AV8B that a F35 on it will be able to carry 6Tons of load.

Armand2REP

CHINI EXPERT
Country flag
You forget that the current president of the US is the largest protectionist since Calvin Coolidge, who caused the Great Depression. He is slapping 25% tariffs on steel and it isn't pig iron from China, it is high quality steel from India. He won't even clear a computer chip for the sale of his French allies who are replacing the chip so they can export their own missiles. Buying an F-35 will get no ToT, no MII, nothing.

MMRCA competition wound down to two finalists that met the qualitative requirements, Rafale and Eurofighter. Rafale was and still is L-1.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles