Know Your 'Rafale'

Assassin 2.0

Country flag

Rafale????
Can someone identify this aircraft 🤔🤔
If it's truly rafale then looks like joint exercises in france have paid off. Rafale operational near indo-china border.

Last edited:

BON PLAN

-*-
Contributor
Country flag
Rafales are for paki corridor, with china, we won't ever need to use them, apparently sticks and stones are enough. I feel 36 is the right number right about now.
I'm afraid you are wrong.
China is another beast than Pak.....

BON PLAN

-*-
Contributor
Country flag
@BON PLAN
Will France be willing to provide 1 or 2 squadrons of Rafale directly from the French Air Force holdings to India in case a war breaks out with China?.Emergency transfer. Can we depend on France?.
No.
The number of Rafale in the french air force is already too small. The whole french fleet with M2000 is nearly 220-230. Too few to give 36 of them.
But it may be another history with weaponery.... Meteor, SCALP, Exocet.....

scatterStorm

Country flag
NO.
no real evidnce of single engine. But clear evidence of canards. So not a Mirage.
Sir, I see one engine. Plus the image is too blurry. Yes no doubt the front fuselage is looking like canards but back perspective looks like single engine.

IndianHawk

Country flag
Sir, I see one engine. Plus the image is too blurry. Yes no doubt the front fuselage is looking like canards but back perspective looks like single engine.
There is chatter on another forum that few rafale are already in India.

Also what we actually have is never official.

We had the mig25 which surveyed whole of Pakistan regularly and yet no body knew about it.

bose

Country flag
Looking at the present situation, India must order 36 more Rafales and must explore the possibilities to get some from French inventory immediately...

India need some serious capability to cause damage .. 300 - 350 of SU MKIs with 100 Rafales ...

IndianHawk

Country flag
Looking at the present situation, India must order 36 more Rafales and must explore the possibilities to get some from French inventory immediately...

India need some serious capability to cause damage .. 300 - 350 of SU MKIs with 100 Rafales ...
I think we will build up huge numbers of rafale now . We will keep buying them in batches untill amca and orca start arriving.

BON PLAN

-*-
Contributor
Country flag
must explore the possibilities to get some from French inventory immediately...
Difficult !

French air force has left some production niches for export deals... The 28 remaining form the last batch (on a total of 180 units) are already late versus the air force planning. And despite that the Mirage 2000 fleet is depleting...
So Except may be some very tiny quantity (more symbolic than effective), it's not possible.

BON PLAN

-*-
Contributor
Country flag
I think we will build up huge numbers of rafale now . We will keep buying them in batches untill amca and orca start arriving.
So it's time to order ! because there are some long lead time items (as under carriage, engine blisk...), so the earlier you order, the earlier you have it. There are some incompressible delays.

Sole solution, but already used with Egypt and partially Qatar, and that French Air force will not accept (but after all it's the politician top brass that decide) : using some of the slots of the remaining 28 for french forces to fast track a new indian order. Why not.

BON PLAN

-*-
Contributor
Country flag
So :
-Taking in the french inventory is for me unrealistic.
-Using some slots of the last 28 (for the moment ! another last french order of 30 to 50 is on the agenda) is possible to fast track a new indian order. But in this case not assembled in India !!!

Flying Dagger

Country flag

We have enough Sukhois their upgrade is more important than increase in number now.

What we need is Tejas mk2 like platform in huge numbers to overwhelm the paki sky.

Rafale another 18 will be enough for now.

The batch of mig 29 squadron and 2-3 upcoming Su squadrons are good enough.

If Rafale cost make sense to produce here then it's good else it is done.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles