Know Your 'Rafale'

BON PLAN

-*-
Contributor
Country flag
China is the common adversary to both US and India.
If India has a couple of squadrons of F35 to use 'exclusively' against China and not against Pak, exactly how pak pretends to use F16 against terrorists and not India, then US will have much more incentive to sell it to India, and India will have much more leverage to use the deal against any sanctions without the fear of being denied spare parts etc.
Maybe the Indian diplomats aren't as adept to play the card game as pak diplomats are.
Rafale can do that task. It was heavily tested by IAF and they wanted that bird for years.
F35 is even not FOC..... so maybe in 2025+

BON PLAN

-*-
Contributor
Country flag
I only believe what I seen in reality, Check out ur own 6th gen design, it is a f22 copycat, if u don’t have money to develop 5 th gen, it is fine, but bashing 5 th gen is ur fault. Top ranked? what a joke, I am a top ranked too.
5th gen is a LM marketing propaganda for F35, surfing on F22 real technical success (the F35 is not).
The next combat fighter studied by Dassault will not be directly linked to the scale seen on Le Bourget.... (it's my opinion). And even so, it is not a F22 copy, and EVEN MORE NOT A F35 copy !

Bhurki

Rafale can do that task. It was heavily tested by IAF and they wanted that bird for years.
F35 is even not FOC..... so maybe in 2025+
What rafale will certainly lack as compared to f35 is working around enemy AD. The F35 was designed using this in mind while any inclusion of S/DEAD mission will weigh down on rafale's mission capability.

OrientalGamer

5th gen is a LM marketing propaganda for F35, surfing on F22 real technical success (the F35 is not).
The next combat fighter studied by Dassault will not be directly linked to the scale seen on Le Bourget.... (it's my opinion). And even so, it is not a F22 copy, and EVEN MORE NOT A F35 copy !
You are fooling yourself, bad marketing:yawn:

BON PLAN

-*-
Contributor
Country flag
I hope for India than you ordered your next batch not too late, so as to keep your birds early.
Next time Egypt and Qatar take the lead and some space in the Rafale back log....

Armand2REP

CHINI EXPERT
Country flag

IndianHawk

Country flag

Armand2REP

CHINI EXPERT
Country flag
Indonesian can't even pay development money for kf-x program of which they have 20% partnership.
I think there is a fallout with South Korea happening, they aren't happy with KF-X or the Chang Bogo which is most of their defence relationship with ROK. They are turning to France to replace them with higher tech weapons.

IndianHawk

Country flag
I think there is a fallout with South Korea happening, they aren't happy with KF-X or the Chang Bogo which is most of their defence relationship with ROK. They are turning to France to replace them with higher tech weapons.
News up until now suggest that Indonesian want to lower the pay of kfx as well pay with goods in a barter system.

BON PLAN

-*-
Contributor
Country flag
Hey 2 questions -:
1) Is IAF Rafale twin engine or single ? I'm assuming single.
2) What is the wet thrust of a IAF Rafale ?
Are you serious?

There are 3 Rafale : all twin engined, one single seater for navy (M variant), one single seater for air force (C) and a dual seater for air force (B).
Wet thrust is 2 x 7.5Tons in all cases.

Global Defence

New threads

Articles