Know Your 'Rafale'

Frontrunner

Country flag
How many meteor missiles can a rafale jet carry? Till now i have seen pictures where it carries only two under fuselage cheek points and none on wing pylons. Is the meteor missile carrying capacity of rafale is limited to two missiles per plane? Apparently gripens nd eft are flying with numerous meteor missiles in excess of four per plane and also has two way datalinks for meteor. Can anyone clear the rafale meteor datalinks nd nos per plane status.

Armand2REP

CHINI EXPERT
Country flag
How many meteor missiles can a rafale jet carry? Till now i have seen pictures where it carries only two under fuselage cheek points and none on wing pylons. Is the meteor missile carrying capacity of rafale is limited to two missiles per plane? Apparently gripens nd eft are flying with numerous meteor missiles in excess of four per plane and also has two way datalinks for meteor. Can anyone clear the rafale meteor datalinks nd nos per plane status.
It can carry 4X Meteor...

Last edited:

Punya Pratap

Country flag
@ Armand2REP - was just wondering will Dassault allow integration of Brahmos and if yes would they share the source code or do the patch themselves instead?

Secondly, why in the world is Safran not cooperating with the Kaveri project as was mandated in the offset clause??

Advaidhya Tiwari

@ Armand2REP - was just wondering will Dassault allow integration of Brahmos and if yes would they share the source code or do the patch themselves instead?
India will not allow Brahmos to be integrated in foreign radars due to security issue. Brahmos algorithm has to be kept guarded

Secondly, why in the world is Safran not cooperating with the Kaveri project as was mandated in the offset clause??
There is no such condition which is disclosed. If I am right, the condition is to modify Rafale to suit Kaveri engine with 81kN to be made in India. The india specific modifications come in this category

Armand2REP

CHINI EXPERT
Country flag
Rafale would never be able to carry the current Brahmos, only Brahmos NG. We gave the source code so Israel could refit M2Ks so I see no reason why you wouldn't have it to refit Rafale.

Safran designed Kaveri with an M88 core. The paperwork has been waiting on GoI to sign off on it for almost a year. It was decided they wanted F414 instead which made Kaveri dead.

Filtercoffee

Country flag
It can carry 4X Meteor...

Attached file - the HF 24 with 2 Kaveri engines with Klimov TVNs will be much better then buying token aircraft, in the light of 'Make in India', why not make a war winning heirloom into a 5th gen stealth? We have all the control for the aircraft upgrades and choice of flight with Air Command. We won the 65' and 71' wars mostly due to ground attack and bombing where I believe the Marut did better then the Canberra. The Super Marut is the best option for the 114 or more single foreign engine aircraft. I believe that its only foreign engine pressure that defines the requirement. It only had 22 KN dry only. The aircraft design if changed a little with a complete change of material, only keeping its integral design will get the GTX 35 VS in place. 52 KN dry with 81 KN wet with 3 D vector nozzles with stealth, 5th gen will not dent our foreign exchange and we might even export the aircraft.

Attachments

Punya Pratap

Country flag
Rafale would never be able to carry the current Brahmos, only Brahmos NG. We gave the source code so Israel could refit M2Ks so I see no reason why you wouldn't have it to refit Rafale..
I am talking about the Brahmos NG.... I would think that India specific modifications would factor in the integration of the Brahmos NG in the future.

.[/QUOTE]Safran designed Kaveri with an M88 core. The paperwork has been waiting on GoI to sign off on it for almost a year. It was decided they wanted F414 instead which made Kaveri dead.[/QUOTE]

I was talking with regard to the future needs as F 414 is also a fallback option but the IAF is not keen on the Kaveri with the M88 core and nor is the GoI. I hope Safran understands that India is going to need over a 1000+ engines for all its fighters (Tejas all variants MLU + MWF + AMCA) so would'nt it have been smarter to grab this opportunity and co-develop Kaveri instead of insisting on a M88 Core integration!!

Armand2REP

CHINI EXPERT
Country flag
I was talking with regard to the future needs as F 414 is also a fallback option but the IAF is not keen on the Kaveri with the M88 core and nor is the GoI. I hope Safran understands that India is going to need over a 1000+ engines for all its fighters (Tejas all variants MLU + MWF + AMCA) so would'nt it have been smarter to grab this opportunity and co-develop Kaveri instead of insisting on a M88 Core integration!!
Safran has no need to reinvent the wheel. That is the job of DRDO. If you are not happy making everything but the core then you can ask Russia to do it.

Immanuel

Country flag
I am talking about the Brahmos NG.... I would think that India specific modifications would factor in the integration of the Brahmos NG in the future.

Safran designed Kaveri with an M88 core. The paperwork has been waiting on GoI to sign off on it for almost a year. It was decided they wanted F414 instead which made Kaveri dead.[/QUOTE]

I was talking with regard to the future needs as F 414 is also a fallback option but the IAF is not keen on the Kaveri with the M88 core and nor is the GoI. I hope Safran understands that India is going to need over a 1000+ engines for all its fighters (Tejas all variants MLU + MWF + AMCA) so would'nt it have been smarter to grab this opportunity and co-develop Kaveri instead of insisting on a M88 Core integration!![/QUOTE]

Brahmos missiles will never be allowed to be deployed from Western Platforms.

Tang

Country flag
Safran has no need to reinvent the wheel. That is the job of DRDO. If you are not happy making everything but the core then you can ask Russia to do it.
  • It's your duty to rectify kaveri as the offset clause, Looks like you guys are again running way from your responsibility.

aghamarshana

Mitron......naacho
Country flag

Any chance that dis really happened?
Pakistani Exchange pilots put hands on Rafale?Or it is fake news?

Armand2REP

CHINI EXPERT
Country flag
Any chance that dis really happened?
Pakistani Exchange pilots put hands on Rafale?Or it is fake news?
No chance they were exchange pilots. They were official members of the QAEF who underwent the required security background checks. They don't let just anyone fly the Rafale.

From my understanding they were their Mirage 2000 pilots.

Wisemarko

Country flag
No chance they were exchange pilots. They were official members of the QAEF who underwent the required security background checks. They don't let just anyone fly the Rafale.

Don’t panic. The “trons” of Rafale are not available to any exchange officers, visitors. Learning how Rafael flies is easy. What it can do is well guarded. During Red Flag, even USAF were not allowed to checkout any trons of Rafale.

Armand2REP

CHINI EXPERT
Country flag
Fuck! I see PAF in the back. Tell me those are ground crew caps and not officer caps.

vampyrbladez

Country flag

Ex - PAF??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

vampyrbladez

Country flag
MASSIVE EFFORT TO LINK SC JUDGEMENT AND EX PAKI / EXCHANGE PILOTS BEING TRAINED ON RAFALE AS A LAST DITCH WEAPON BY CONGIS.

Articles