Know Your 'Rafale'

ersakthivel

Brilliance
Country flag
Su30 MKI is superior to rafale in many cases. The software and EW upgrades could always have been done in Su30 MKI too. These are not excuses to buy Rafale as an import. Tomorrow, in case of war, the plane that will be needed the most is the plane that will be made in India, not imports like Rafale.

Along with Tejas MK2 coming in 2025, the combo of Tejas MK2 and Su30 can work wonders and surpass the need for rafale altogether. Since the last rafale is being delivered only in 2023, there is not much time difference between the arrival of Tejas MK2 and Rafale. Rafale may have other things which were needed by India like meteor missile, other secretive deals etc. It is not the rafale that is important but the other components of the deal.
IAF has set its mind on rafale after decade long evaluation.

So new govt had few options other than this niche buy.

If uprated kaveri comes from offsets as alternative engine for tejas mk2 deal is. cost effecive.

But GOI can't break the bank by spending 30 billions on 120 plus Rafales, like MMRCA.

IT will fill niche role in IAF.

vampyrbladez

Country flag
I am pro BJP too, but BJP is at a disadvantage.

MSM had repeatedly shown Rahul Gandhi's questioning BJP on Rafale. Now he is questioning Anil Ambani. Hech even France PM had to asked Rahul to stop shitting. How many days did media cover this!?

Do you think MSM will follow the above tweets!? Forget MSM, even BJP is not following those tweets, so I think those are nothing more than stories.

If proof is released then BJP may have better chance countering Rafale nonsense, but then again I don't trust our media. Our media has shown flawless victory of Doklam as near defeat.

Thus I rest my case
I meant the source mynationmyis pro BJP not talking about the country at large. LOL!

BON PLAN

-*-
Country flag
Su30 MKI is superior to rafale in many cases. The software and EW upgrades could always have been done in Su30 MKI too. These are not excuses to buy Rafale as an import. Tomorrow, in case of war, the plane that will be needed the most is the plane that will be made in India, not imports like Rafale.

Along with Tejas MK2 coming in 2025, the combo of Tejas MK2 and Su30 can work wonders and surpass the need for rafale altogether. Since the last rafale is being delivered only in 2023, there is not much time difference between the arrival of Tejas MK2 and Rafale. Rafale may have other things which were needed by India like meteor missile, other secretive deals etc. It is not the rafale that is important but the other components of the deal.
Difficult to compare à medium (light medium in the Rafale case) and a heavy fighter.
Rafale is far more stealthy, has a far better electronic suite, a better low flying capacity than Su

Tejas MK2 ? well, the classical Tejas isn't finished, so it's a challenge to expect a MK2... sorry to say that. India don't mastered plane project so far.

You just forget that Rafale is the best fighter of the moment. It won technically quite all contest, and nly lose politically. See Swiss eval, the sole that is fully known. In the Netherlands, a paper F35 with supercruise, low cost, F16 agility won only by 0,02 on 10. Real F35 is not affordable, not supercuising, was beat in dog fight by dual seater with tanks F16 and F35 is not FOC....

BON PLAN

-*-
Country flag
Present govt is also backing HAL to build 300 odd tejas variants,
A new state of the art production line is opened for tejas in bangalore with 12 per yr capacity.
and what about all the other promises about Tejas?
Do you think this special one will have a better future?

Advaidhya Tiwari

Tejas MK2 ? well, the classical Tejas isn't finished, so it's a challenge to expect a MK2... sorry to say that. India don't mastered plane project so far.
Tejas will get FOC this december. The various aspects are already complete. What is remaining are tests and validation. So, it is running on time. Tejas MK2 is also getting developed parallel to it.

and what about all the other promises about Tejas?
Do you think this special one will have a better future?
This govt has not broken any promises. Hence I would have more faith

Bhurki

Does anybody here keep tabs on decommissioning schedule of the mig 21 and mig 27 ?.. Trying to create a table for best case scenario replacement of fleet based on current numbers.. How many active squadrons are there operating these aircraft right now?

Last edited:

Bhurki

Tejas MK2 is also getting developed parallel to it.
Its nothing but a concept as of now ...
Just as much a reality as an indigeneous nuclear aircraft carrier .
Sorry to shoot you down like that. But this was confirmed by one of the Rtd. AVM IAF on RSTv

BON PLAN

-*-
Country flag
Tejas will get FOC this december. The various aspects are already complete. What is remaining are tests and validation. So, it is running on time. Tejas MK2 is also getting developed parallel to it.
Not the first time FOC is in the pipe.... It's the problem.
I see no reason MK2 to follow another line.

Advaidhya Tiwari

Not the first time FOC is in the pipe.... It's the problem.
I see no reason MK2 to follow another line.
Actually this is the first time for FOC in the pipe. The deadline has also remained firm at 2018 end. So, there has been no breach till now

BON PLAN

-*-
Country flag
Actually this is the first time for FOC in the pipe. The deadline has also remained firm at 2018 end. So, there has been no breach till now
I think you are wrong. IOC were postponed and postponed and so one. So is the FOC.

Chinmoy

Country flag
View attachment 27491 View attachment 27492

Here you go! French Rafales at Gwalior
@Babloo Singh
They are on stopover from exercise pitch black. They would be India for 4 days where IAF pilots would have some hand on experience on it. Nothing more, nothing less.

The three aircraft was part of the French contingent which participated in the "Operation Pitch Blck" concluded recently in Australia. The Indian Airforce also part of the multilateral air exercise.
The aircraft landed in India on Saturday after visiting Indonesia, Malaysia, Vietnam and Singapore.

Officials said around 100 French aviators, one Atlas A-400M military transport aircraft, one C-135 refuelling plane and an Airbus A310 cargo aircraft have also come to India along with the Rafale jets on a four-day visit.
They said a batch of IAF pilots has got an opportunity to train on the Rafale jets.

In a statement, the French embassy here said that joint flights and exchanges between the French and Indian Air Forces will be conducted as part of the four-day tour by the French contingent.
https://www.abplive.in/india-news/i...n-gwalior-amid-procurement-controversy-750638

Sancho

You got caught up in your argument. Performance and mission based requirements were factored in to the deal with Su 30 MKI yet to reach 75% availability. Rafale has been held to the contract on this point.
Nope, you changed your arguments, after being proved to be wrong and no, neither the MKI licence production deal, not the MMRCA had the performance based logistics clause included, since it was added to the DPP 2016 only. So you are confusing things here.

Sancho

Indeed.
No link between MMRCA and Kaveri revival.
But a strong link between the 36 Rafale deal and Kaveri.
Wrong as well, there is no link between MMRCA and the engine tender of LCA MK2.
And there is a link between Rafale offsets for MMRCA or the 36 Rafale.

Reviving Kaveri was only issued, after Safran asked DRDO, where to put offsets in. The same had been the case, if Dassault had not blocked the MMRCA and the deal could had been finalised.

Articles