Know Your 'Rafale'

p2prada

@halloweene

What's up with the Qatar news? Is that a done deal or have they just released a plan of action?

It looks the same as the Indian Navy deal in size.

Last edited by a moderator:

Drsomnath999

lord of 32 teeth
Country flag
Air&Cosmos 2400:

Meteor : 1st live firing on Rafale planned in january 2015

Qatar : "According to corroborative sources, negotiations with Qatar about a 1st Rafale batch would be extremely advanced and would only await a high-level meeting to seal the contract"

@halloweene can u plz translate the JPEG image

COURTESY-OLYBRIUS
THANK U FOR INFO MATE

halloweene

About metor? basically what i said yesterday, i read the magazine ;)
First trials of Meteor (separation tests ) occured last year. Another campaign inc next month.
First "powered" shoot should occur jan 2015.

About Qatar, Guillaume says basically the same thing as it was reported in La Tribune a few days ago :your translation is fine. Some leaks said june during an official visit. But everyone is very touchy here about it, remeber "done deals" like UAE...

Glint

Country flag

This guy probably has no idea what he is saying.
Who lets guys like these to even enter the debate?
The Air Chief Marshal should have given him facts to make his idiotic mouth shut.

SajeevJino

Long walk
Country flag
The Air Chief Marshal should have given him facts to make his idiotic mouth shut.
oh this is Ajay Shukla ..Some Peoples in the Forum too Praising this man

Lets See ..What we need ..We have 5th gen Fighters in Pipeline the T 50 and the AMCA ..when we order the F 35 For the Air force The First F 35 Arrives meantime we Operate a Single Squad of T 50 ..and we already in Place of Super Sukhoi's in Air Superiority Missions along with Couple of Desi MK 2 It's It's more than enough for Air Superiority

But What about Ground Strike ..We have Only couple of JAGUAR and Mirage 2000 ..So lacks of Ground Strike ..That's why we meant to go for the Rafale Can able to Perform top Score in Ground Strike and CAS and can survive from enemy Air Threats too .

I sure we will get the F 35 VTOL For our Navy in Future

p2prada

You put a duffer against a giant what else do you expect to happen? And this isn't a David and Goliath story.

His opinion on offsets made me laugh.

p2prada

oh this is Ajay Shukla ..Some Peoples in the Forum too Praising this man

Lets See ..What we need ..We have 5th gen Fighters in Pipeline the T 50 and the AMCA ..when we order the F 35 For the Air force The First F 35 Arrives meantime we Operate a Single Squad of T 50 ..and we already in Place of Super Sukhoi's in Air Superiority Missions along with Couple of Desi MK 2 It's It's more than enough for Air Superiority

But What about Ground Strike ..We have Only couple of JAGUAR and Mirage 2000 ..So lacks of Ground Strike ..That's why we meant to go for the Rafale Can able to Perform top Score in Ground Strike and CAS and can survive from enemy Air Threats too .

I sure we will get the F 35 VTOL For our Navy in Future
The only aspect he got right was that the F-35 is the best strike fighter there is, at least when it comes to precision strike. But when it comes to stand off capability, it is severely lacking compared to Rafale. It doesn't carry long range missiles as of today.

So, the maturity of Rafale keeps it ahead of the F-35. The day the F-35 is able to carry 300 Km missiles internally, is the day it surpasses Rafale, at least in terms of weapons types and in some performance regimes. Rafale will still outrange the F-35 in almost all operational configurations.

There are pros and cons to both types. For the IAF the pros of the Rafale outweigh the pros of the F-35. That's a combination of payload and range. People forget that we will have MKI and FGFA providing air superiority, and we can expect FGFA to break down doors in the beginning.

SajeevJino

Long walk
Country flag
fuk

The Rafale going to Employ with some Russian , French Israeli Missiles ..was the Ajay's F 35 Can do it

I think Rafeal Should Offer their Spice Missiles for Rafale

p2prada

New generations of Spice and Crystal Maze can be inducted. Both types are equipped on MKI.

SajeevJino

Long walk
Country flag
New generations of Spice and Crystal Maze can be inducted. Both types are equipped on MKI.
It's Happy To hear this ..Can you Tell me Crystal Maze ..?

Any Photos Avail MKI with Spice Package

jackprince

Turning into a frog
Country flag

Couldn't find any Israeli Missiles though
First pic is of LCA ... one of the LSPs I guess during trial phase, if I am not wrong.

Second one is clearly photoshoped.

My question is what are these pics are doing in this thread?

Articles