Know Your 'Rafale'

trackwhack

Two Questions to p2p or others who know.

1) What about AESA? Will all of the Indian Rafale come with it, or is there going to be an upgrade later after initially coming with PESA

2) Is there any chance of Russian missile systems like the Bramhos and its variants being incorporated

I am happy Rafale won. Dealing with one country is better that dealing with 5. Also happy for the Indo French strategic partnership. Sarkozy (and the French in general) hates China as much as most Indians do. :)

rock127

Maulana Rockullah
Country flag
By the way, now bakistani forums will be flooded with threads about how rafael is a shit plane, with everyone coming with its own shortcomings.
And the classic would there for sure... the age old typical Paki "India should spend money on toilets and poverty and not on planes".

:lol:

Singh

Phat Cat
Country flag
@trackwhack,

Let me try and answer

1) most likely pesa then aesa then aesa v2 etc.
2) brahmos ? no chance.

We are dealing with the world right now, but this deal will bring France even closer to us. Think strategic capabilities.

Illusive

Country flag
Not only cost but the fact that Saudis have EFT and the possibility of PAF getting hands on it could also been a factor on selecting Rafale

Singh

Phat Cat
Country flag
@trackwhack,

Let me try and answer

2) brahmos ? no chance.

We are dealing with the world right now, but this deal will bring France even closer to us. Think strategic capabilities.

Blackwater

Tension clearly seen of kayani face,, Jane ka hoga rama re .....jane ka hoga rama ree

Singh

Phat Cat
Country flag
Not only cost but the fact that Saudis have EFT and the possibility of PAF getting hands on it could also been a factor on selecting Rafale
Pakistani pilots no longer operate top of the line Emirati or Saudi jets.

sayareakd

Country flag
Two Questions to p2p or others who know.

1) What about AESA? Will all of the Indian Rafale come with it, or is there going to be an upgrade later after initially coming with PESA

2) Is there any chance of Russian missile systems like the Bramhos and its variants being incorporated

I am happy Rafale won. Dealing with one country is better that dealing with 5. Also happy for the Indo French strategic partnership. Sarkozy (and the French in general) hates China as much as most Indians do. :)
they have shown to IAF what progress they have made in radar and what is its future and IaF is satisfied with it. brahmos is too heavy for this fighter.

JAISWAL

Rafale Beats Eurofighter In Indian MMRCA Contest : Defense news

Rafale Beats Eurofighter In Indian MMRCA Contest
Our Bureau
Tue, Jan 31, 2012 12:51 CET
French combat plane manufacturer Dassault's Rafale fighter has won the Indian MMRCA competiton beating the European consortum's Eurofighter aircraft in a contest that went on for four years. Rafale executives were called by Indian MOD officials this morning and informed that their aircraft has been finally selected.

The Dassualt team has been issued a letter confirming the Indian MOD's choice, sources told Defenseworld.net. Separately, Eurofighter executives were called in and informed of their elimination from the contest this afternoon,sources close to Eurofighter informed Defenseworld.net.

The final choice was made on price, sources said adding that the French aircraft's total cost worked to about 20% cheaper than that of the Eurofighter.

The India win means sweet success for Dassault which has been struggling in the international marketplace for decades now to find an international buyer for its Rafale multi role fighter. The final price is estimated to US$12 billion for 126 fighters. Some 24 fighters are expected to be sent to Indian in a fly-away condition while the rest are to be licence-manufactured in India.

Apollyon

Führer
Country flag
After hearing this paki army doing dua ," Allah tala hume bacha
Insha-Allah ...jaroor ...woh din dur nahi jab JF-17 Dilli ke aasman par mandra rahe honge aur zameen par Radio Porkistan ki aawaz goonz rahi hogi ...:rofl::rofl: :pound: :pound:

aur waise bhi prize wise 4 JF-17 = 1 Rafael ...so PAF can field 4 SoA JF-17 Bandar ...I am soo scared :scared2::scared2::scared2::heh:

H.A.

@trackwhack,

Let me try and answer

2) brahmos ? no chance.

I don't trust the French. they can do a reverse sweep and can offer the jets to anyone. So forget about other countries not having Typhoon, also there is not a rider on the tender that the winner cannot sell to the others.

Iamanidiot

Eurofighter is too sptead out one wing in germany another wing in Italy engine in Britain.It is quite a headache