J20 Stealth Fighter

ersakthivel

Brilliance
Country flag
As if there is a point in developing slow junks that will be obsolete before the development was finished..
the only problems is IAF will not accept a J-10 like aircraft whose airframe design came from one copied foreign project and engine comming from another foreign project.

Nor they follow the practice of pakistan where they induct JF-17, with no guarentee on state of art radar, bvr missiles,reliable engine and bitting their nails once a couple of them crashes ,grounding the entire fleet.Such practices with indigenous projects are not accepted here.

The ARJUN too will be inducted only when it comes on par with western heavy tanks in all parameters, after gruelling years it has reached there.
Lca -MK-II too has guarenteed ASEA ,if not IAF won't accept them.India has the sukhois and T-90s until these domestic projects mature enough.
5th gen AMCA too will be a top notch plane because IAF has a back up of PAKFA-FGFA untill it reaches maturity.

For tejas the IAF is deeplly involved.Unless it has achieved it's design goals,it won't be accepted into IAF.

ersakthivel

Brilliance
Country flag
Hahaha!

1. Isn't English supposed to be your first language? The expression is: "lie through your teeth" not your nose...

2. I can't decide whether watching you grasping at straws to avoid facts is entertaining or tragic. Stop acting retarded and use common sense. I never said they were installing it. I typed: "INSTALLED"... PAST tense. If they were installing it in that video, the whole randome would be removed. That's the whole point of access panels genius, to work on a system without removing it completely from the jet.

The radar is right there in the picture!!! Why are you denying the existence of something we can all see? Your inferiority complex is astounding...

3. 1000's of flight tests? Why would you need 1000's of flight tests for basic airframe testing? The PAK FA programme marked 100 flight tests last November, are you saying that in the 11 months between then and now they've logged over 1900 flights?

Take-off Magazine : Third PAK FA entering flight tests in Moscow Region

1000's of test flights would be needed for the entire programme. And forgive me, but why are you skipping the fact that the PAK FA programme also has a radar suite testing on the THIRD prototype as is the case with the J20 flight test programme?

while laughing at you's been a hoot n a half, I've got better things to do... *officially added to my ignore list*

Gentle man,

people lie through nose after exhausting the option of lying through the teeth as the mass flow will be less.

In your opinion how many flight tests and how many months or days or years are needed to flight test and validate the 5ht gen airframe?
Please enlighten us all.

The Angle of attack tests,spin recovery, stall recovery tests, validating the FBW itself will take years and 100s of flight hours.

the basic assumption is it will take atleast 1000s of flight hours and years before the program ever reach the stage of radar assembly and checking.

Also till the original radar is fitted a dummy with same shape and weight charecteristics of the original radar piece is fitted on all fly by wire enabled platforms in testing period.That was my inference on the picture you posted.

Also please tell me,

1.Do all fourth and fifth gen planes like
F-35,F-22,PAKFA,RAFALE inspect their radar under open skies on a the runway of the airbase?
Upto now I thought that sensitive elecrtronic euipments of prototype variety are fitted inside the production facility under tight tight suervision.

In china people seems to follow a very rugged ,down to earth practice it seems.
So I won't argue on that matter, and you can post nice pics and write what you want to write as usual ,with all your friends admiring it with open gaping mouth.Don't bother me.I won't bother you on this radar topic.

By the way why haven't you replied to my questions on Dr.SONG's papers in post no-1757, page no-118.

That will lead to more informed discussion rather than the see the pictures and narrate the story.

Last edited:

ersakthivel

Brilliance
Country flag
Wishful comment? I post what can be proved, not what I want to be true, as is the case with many here including yourself.

Read again. As seen with pretty much all other development programs the first two airframes are used for basic flight testing only. There are no plans to put radar on them, ever. This is the THIRD prototype, and I'm sorry, is there something wrong with your eyes? Cant you see the new grey faceted randome? Or the wide open access panels with a radar in full view?

China Defense Blog: Third J-20 stealth aircraft prototype emerges.

The PAK FA's radar suite is installed on the ... umm, yeah, THIRD PROTOTYPE AS WELL. Healthy factual discussion I'll take any day, but denial on something as apparent and exposed to everyone as this, is just sad dude... Leave that to Armand.
pray what is RANDOM?The claims you are making here are random. It is called radome, you lectured me on english in the previous post, so I am helping you out with my humble english knowledge.
All these PAKFAs and J-20s are now flying even without the faintest idea of what their final engine thrust and AOA,TWR,will be right now,So they can go on with radar testing right away it seems.Atleast the russians have working engines and pesa radars.
So they can reasonably call themselves 5th gen aircraft makers.What about yours?
How will you resolve the canard RCS reflections to even x band asea radars and protect your 5th gen stealth? leave alone L band radars and IRSTs, you are the only one among 5th gen stealth makers who have canards..

Last edited:

W.G.Ewald

Defence Professionals/ DFI member of 2
Professional
This might be China's third J-20 stealth fighter | Killer Apps
A quick update on China's stealth fighter program: Photos newly published on a Chinese Web sites show what might be a third prototype J-20 stealth jet.

China has two different types of stealthy-looking fighters: the large J-20 and the smaller J-31. Many speculate that because of its large size, the J-20 is high-speed interceptor designed to fly out and shoot down enemy bombers -- similar to the old Soviet MiG-25 Foxbat -- or that it is a high-speed stealthy bomber designed to use a combination of stealth and speed to penetrate enemy air defenses and fire cruise missiles or bombs at targets such as bases or ships.

The latest photos show a J-20 with open compartments on the forward sections of its fuselage, which may contain avionics, communications gear or sensors. It is also worth noting that the third aircraft appears to have a different nose radome than its sibling J-20s, meaning that this jet may also contain an Active Electronically Scanned Array radar. All of this suggests the Chinese may be testing the sensors it plans to include on production J-20s. Still, without confirmation from the Chinese air force, this is pure speculation.
Photos in article already posted on DFI.

DaTang

Tihar Jail
Banned
how many nuclear weapons,space launches and moon missions AUSSIE achieved?
Do the have 5000 km nuclear ballistic missiles like AGNI?
So how do you compare the aussie and indian infra in the above fields?
Post some sensible stuff.People posting here browse 100s of other sites and exposure to much more credible news source than you can ever imagine.Be careful before accusing the other guy.

Dpoes that say the submarine was fielded without reactor?
Aussie never bothered to have a space or nuclear programme.

Aussies have stronger infrastructure than India and better industrial capacity, that is a fact, admit it.
Aussies build better ships than any indian shipyard name it INCAT, SM or AUSTAL
http://www.shipbuilders.com.au/

Indian never build a conventional sub, the first 209 you assembled leaked and took them Hanks several months to clean up your mass.

ersakthivel

Brilliance
Country flag

Aussies have stronger infrastructure than India and better industrial capacity, that is a fact, admit it.
The defence infra comes up to higher level, because of the technology multiplier effect induced by various high tech programs running simultaneously.

For example,

the ring laser gyros, inertial navigation syatems, accurate terminal guidance systems,piezo electronic elements,composite tech for the re entry vehicle of ballistic missiles,advanced computer modelling tech, ASEA L band radar tech developed for AEW equipped embraer AEW platforms,

all o these techs developed for space launches ,AGNI missiles, AWACS program, BRAHMOS missiles,indigenous awacs program, and the experience gained with tajas lca will contribute their bit to the latest proposed 5th gen stealth india is about to build.

Years of building jags,migs and sukhois under license from their makers ,gradually increasing local contents will add mor teeth to the efforts.Improving them to better upgrades with constant local tech paticipation.For examole the rwr and mission computers foe sukhoi MKI are from India,oborg tech already dveloped for tejas, a local turbo jet called KAVERI built by GTRE is up and running successfully
Aussies don't have this cross currents of tech acumalation due to the lack of the above programs, that's what I mentioned.

Indian never build a conventional sub, the first 209 you assembled leaked and took them Hanks several months to clean up your mass.
Don't worry we will build hundreds of leaky subs including the nuclear ballistic missile class ARIHANAT types and take it to Hanks for plugging the leaks forever.
As for as Hanks are there to plug the leaks what problems do we have?

Last edited:

mikhail

Country flag

atleast we have built ours but what about yours:laugh:!!!!!you guys obtained a few old soviet decommissioned charlie class nuke subs and reverse engineered it as your own nuke sub.so your nuke subs are nothing but poor copies of old soviet charlie class subs:rofl:.that's why there is a saying that the chini nuclear subs are the noisiest ones and hence they can be easily detected!

shiphone

Country flag
atleast we have built ours but what about yours:laugh:!!!!!you guys obtained a few old soviet decommissioned charlie class nuke subs and reverse engineered it as your own nuke sub.so your nuke subs are nothing but poor copies of old soviet charlie class subs:rofl:.that's why there is a saying that the chini nuclear subs are the noisiest ones and hence they can be easily detected!
Ignorance is terrible...
---------------------

and guys ,this is J20 thread....please...

some other threads have been ruined by some Member who is supposed to be ignored.

J20!

Country flag
How will you resolve the canard RCS reflections to even x band asea radars and protect your 5th gen stealth? leave alone L band radars and IRSTs, you are the only one among 5th gen stealth makers who have canards..
I'm only posting this because some members may actually be interested:

I've tried to translate were I can but Prada you could try reading the Mandarin if you can, yeah?

The first paper discusses methods for reducing RCS on an aircraft with canard configuration. This was written in '95...

《低RCS 飞行器外形设计实践》 航空学报 1995年

On the basis of the canard configuration a contour stealth design including chiefly the wing, the fuselage and their connection type is projected. The prime project of a blended wing body vehicle with canard is provided and through the change of the fuselage head form and the different fin disposals, the radar cross section (RCS) is optimized. The average value of RCS and the value of RCS in the ± 45 ° front sector for different designs are illustrated. The model measurement proves that the project having a sharp head fuselage and 30 ° angle double fin has the minimum value of RCS. The wind tunnel test to the model with RCS optimized proved that the vehicle project has excellent aerodynamic characteristics such as high lift curve slope, up to 26° stalling angle, high lift / drag ratio equal to 8, and also has low RCS value in the front sector and in the lateral sector.

A second paper discusses the result of an experiment conducted inside an anechoic chamber. Among the findings is that the canard configuration tested has lower RCS than the traditional configuration tested.

《带边条后掠翼融合体隐身布局的应用研究》 气动实验与测量控制 1995年

The third paper is more recent, which studied canard geometry and its effects on RCS. The first three images show the effect of sweep and span on RCS value. Forth and fifth images show deflection of canard and its influence on RCS. The last image shows the effect of applying RAM on the canard.

《鸭翼电磁散射特性分析与RCS减缩方法研究》 航空计算技术2010

J20!

Country flag
Some information on aerodynamics. The first paper concluded canard configuration has advantages over traditional configuration. I don't have time to translate everything, so I will just summarize.
  1. Canard can provide better pitch-down moment compared to tailplane. This is because tailplane needs positive deflection at high angle-of-attack to push the nose down, resulting in stall. Canard uses negative deflection to bring the nose down, thus doesn't stall.
  2. Canard has reduced supersonic drag as compared to tailplane. The amount of shift of aerodynamic center is reduced on a canard configuration, resulting in easier time to trim the aircraft for the canard.
  3. TVC performs better with canard, in that mass does not concentrated on the aft portion of the aircraft thus enhances trimming efficiency. Canard when combined with TVC can enhance lift, which is not achievable with traditional configuration.
  4. This point reiterates that canard can provide better trimming than tailplane. Furthermore, differential canard enables the control of side slip, which is not achievable with traditional configuration.
  5. Relax stability actually makes trimming more difficult for tailplane because of shorter moment arm. Canard doesn't have such problem. Furthermore, canard can work in conjunction with flaps, reducing the area needed for trimming.

《近距耦合鸭式布局气动研究进展》 空气动力学学报 2003

The second paper also compared canard configuration with traditional configuration. Among the finding is that canard configuration provides better yaw capability over traditional configuration at high angle-of-attack.

《带边条后掠翼融合体隐身布局的应用研究》 气动实验与测量控制 1995年

ersakthivel

Brilliance
Country flag
American Innovation: Threat Analysis of Foreign Stealth Fighters Part I: Chengdu J-20

some information available on the net comparing the design features of mig-1.44 and J-20.

The J-20 looks like an exact design copy of mig-1.44 from the top view photos in the site.

Even the proportion of wings ,gap between canards and wings, wing shape, canarda shape all seem exactly same.

The United States must continue to upgrade and deploy Patriot missile batteries and other capable surface to air missiles in the Pacific region to protect its land based assets. Upgrades to enhance the Patriot PAC-2 system's effectiveness towards low observable targets are already underway with the GEM-T upgrades (Raytheon, 2011). Further upgrades to assist in the targeting of low observable aircraft should be considered for the PAC-2 system. PAC-3 Patriot batteries should be deployed in conjunction with the upgraded PAC-2 systems to protect U.S Pacific airbases from Chinese deployed medium range ballistic missiles.
so already there are radars that can detect stealth from 70 kms. Upgradation will make them even better.

So without a much more capable engine ,lpi asea,avionics,and ecm measure, the j-20 won't be a silver bullet.
The export version of F-35 will have much better stealth, lpi asea,engines.Ir reduction measures, and avionics than J-20 it seems.

Only operational deployment will further prove the worth of these big aircraft against L band asea radar of the future.

And it says that other than j-20 has used canards.the reason worser RCS implications from all angles militating against plan form arrangements.Just take a look at the F-22 silky smooth from all angles no elemnets pointing at various angles to the fuselage.

Some figures are given chinese, it will be better if good translations are available by technical persons,so that how chinese have solved the canard rcs issues.Surely they must have used some methods to arrive at that.

Last edited:

J20!

Country flag
American Innovation: Threat Analysis of Foreign Stealth Fighters Part I: Chengdu J-20

some information available on the net comparing the design features of mig-1.44 and J-20.

The J-20 looks like an exact design copy of mig-1.44 from the top view photos in the site.

Even the proportion of wings ,gap between canards and wings, wing shape, canarda shape all seem exactly same.
Since I tire of repeating myself:

How do you copy this:

And come up with this?:

And second:

http://www.-------------------/2011/09/mig-denies-stealth-technology-transfer.html

Mig state that no such transfer ever took place.

The 1.44 is far from a stealth aircraft, the stealth shaping on the J20 far exceeds that of the 1.44. If you had bothered to read Dr. Song's paper, or even analysed the J20's aerodynamic configuration, you'd find that the J20 utilized, canards, large LERX's, body lift and its inner wings to produce most of its lift, and is designed mainly for supercruise, whereas the 1.44 has no LERX and mainly uses its larger wing surface area, as well as canards and thrust vectoring control to achieve super maneuverability. It is considerably less oriented towards supercruise than the J20 is.

Not to mention that their intake designs are completely different. The 1.44 has rectangular intakes under its fuselage whilst the J20 uses chin mounted diverterless supersonic intakes, an intake design first tested in China on the J10B. Its like saying the Rafale and the Eurofighter are the same aircraft simply because they use the same aerodynamic configuration, (ie canard delta). The Korean KFX utilized the same configuration, maybe its a 1.44 copy too?
The 1.44 and the J20 have the same configuration ie. canard delta, but either from that, they don't use the same aerodynamic principles, the KFX is more similar in aerodynamics to the 1.44 than the J20 is... Even with your naked eye its obvious that the J20's wings are farther back and much smaller than the 1.44's even forgetting the fact that the 1.44 has no LERX and has completely differently shaped canards...

But what does all that matter to biased fanboys? You'll probably be insisting the J20 and 1.44 are the same thing till your dying day... If the J20 is a 1.44 copy despite their design differences, the LCA is definately a mirage2000 copy...

Last edited:

ersakthivel

Brilliance
Country flag
Since I tire of repeating myself:

The 1.44 and the J20 have the same configuration ie. canard delta, but either from that, they don't use the same aerodynamic principles, the KFX is more similar in aerodynamics to the 1.44 than the J20 is... Even with your naked eye its obvious that the J20's wings are farther back and much smaller than the 1.44's even forgetting the fact that the 1.44 has no LERX and has completely differently shaped canards...

But what does all that matter to biased fanboys? You'll probably be insisting the J20 and 1.44 are the same thing till your dying day...

http://manglermuldoon.blogspot.in/2012/05/threat-analysis-of-foreign-stealth.html

refer the photograph in the above site.it details the geometry and upper view. Your side profiles will obviously look different because stealth optimization has taken place.

I am not saying it is a copy.What I say is from the top view J-20 shares so many geometrical details of the mig-1.44, and it implements lifting body design ,with lrex,internal bomb bays, and sharpe rchin for frontal optimization for stealth.But since the basic design share so many features test flight program can proceed faster.with not much unknown elements.

Also it is lot bigger than mig-1.44 almost 70 feet in length.

I am advocating same method for the AMCA, Just optimize the LCA tejas design with bigger and better twin engines. like J-20 and pkfa(sukhoi optimization) rather than creating a brand new design.Sadly IAf has other ideas,

http://www.ausairpower.net/APA-2009-01-Annex.html

already there are L band asea arrays capable of detecting 5th gen stealths from 100 km range according to the above article.So there is no point in splitting hair over 100 percent x band stealth ,wasting aerodynamic efficiency,as they too will be detected from much farther up in future well over 100s of kilo meters.

Last edited:

ersakthivel

Brilliance
Country flag
Anti-Stealth Sensors to Tackle Chinese and Russian LO Designs

http://forum.keypublishing.com/archive/index.php?t-106129.html
and some discussions in this regard.

In these days there is no point in insisting 100 percent stealth ,but IAf guys as usual are playing foot ball with ADA,while accepting much lesser stealth fighter in pakfa.

Kopp claims a frontal -35 Bdsm RCS in the X-band for the F-35 based on shaping alone, even without canards and much smaller size, i wonder where it puts the DBSM figure for J-20 with massive size and canards ,higher than pakfa or lesser than PAKFA. For PAKFA many people are claiming 0.3 sq meter rcs..I don't think it is correct,what will be much better informed guess for the pakfa and J-20 in comparision with F-22 and ,F-35, higher or lower?

Last edited:

J20!

Country flag
Anti-Stealth Sensors to Tackle Chinese and Russian LO Designs

counter stealth: the way forward for Europe? [Archive] - Key Publishing Ltd Aviation Forums
and some discussions in this regard.

In these days there is no point in insisting 100 percent stealth ,but IAf guys as usual are playing foot ball with ADA,while accepting much lesser stealth fighter in pakfa.

Kopp claims a frontal -35 Bdsm RCS in the X-band for the F-35 based on shaping alone, even without canards and much smaller size, i wonder where it puts the DBSM figure for J-20 with massive size and canards ,higher than pakfa or lesser than PAKFA. For PAKFA many people are claiming 0.3 sq meter rcs..I don't think it is correct,what will be much better informed guess for the pakfa and J-20 in comparision with F-22 and ,F-35, higher or lower?
Size has nothing to do with RCS. The smaller F35 still has an RCS 10 times larger than the much larger and much stealthier F22. I wont even mention the ENORMOUS B2 which still has a smaller RCS than both the F22 and F35.

RCS is all about shaping, measures like using RAM are there to enhance the stealth effects of shaping, and when it boils down to it both Carlo Kopp and Bill Sweetman agree that the J20 has better stealth shaping than both the PAK FA and F35. Heck even the J31 has better stealth shaping than the PAK FA.

WRT canards, I've given you the Papers on canards and their RCS relation, and its clear that with the proper shape and RAM applied, canards provide better lift and maneuverability whilst maintaining comparable RCS figures with traditional lay-outs. At the end of the day, canards are traditional tail assemblies moved forward of the wing. If canards are so detrimental to RCS figures, why do both the Rafale and Eurofighter, two of the stealthiest 4.5 gen designs out there both employ them? Not forgetting the preferred, KFX 201 design?

p2prada

Size has nothing to do with RCS.
Size has a lot to do with RCS. But in simplistic terms no matter how small they make the LCA, even if it fits in the palm of your hand, it won't beat the J-20, PAKFA or F-22 in VLO. This is actually meant for the moron you quoted.

Technically the size of the F-22 is no indication of how stealthy it is. Throw a small metal marble in the air along side a F-22, a radar will only pick up two metal marbles.

Since simple facts don't get to him and he lies through his teeth, better ignore him. Or say goodbye to the J-20 thread too.

Anyway since he's quoted F-35 from Kopp, Kopp never claimed the F-35 is at -35dBsm. Kopp actually claimed the F-35 is -20 to -30 dBsm. OTOH, Kopp claimed the F-22 is around -40 dBsm and very similar to J-20's RCS. While there is no obligation to believe his figures from his so called optical tests, it is prudent to believe the J-20 is as stealthy as the F-22 if shaping alone is considered. Considering all other parameters are the same.

If Kopp claimed the F-35 is at -35 dBsm, something even LM has not claimed let alone F-35's greatest critic, then I need to see a link for it.

ersakthivel

Brilliance
Country flag
Size has nothing to do with RCS. The smaller F35 still has an RCS 10 times larger than the much larger and much stealthier F22. I wont even mention the ENORMOUS B2 which still has a smaller RCS than both the F22 and F35.

RCS is all about shaping, measures like using RAM are there to enhance the stealth effects of shaping, and when it boils down to it both Carlo Kopp and Bill Sweetman agree that the J20 has better stealth shaping than both the PAK FA and F35. Heck even the J31 has better stealth shaping than the PAK FA.

PAKFA doesn't have canards, j-20 has ,
when trimmed j-20 won't be stealth to evento x band asea at all,if it is not optimally trimmed then there is no use with them.The PAKFA has no anti-stealth feature like canards,both the PAKFA and F-35 employ the LEVCONS for the purpose.LEvCONS deflects at a lesser angle and do not provide extra 8 corner reflections that is provided by j-20 canards..

And the prototype that flew was only a test bed with not the final version.

If radar blockers are aplliedin PAKFA it will be a lot better than J-20 with crefree handling with no canard -RCS implications.Everyone knows canards improve pitch axis control in large fighters, the reason every one dropped it in their 5th gen stealths is it militates against 5th gen stealth of planform arrangement when operated.Sure chinese 5th gens alone cannot have different rcs criteria.

when it comes to l band asea size has everything to do with RCS,

WRT canards, I've given you the Papers on canards and their RCS relation, and its clear that with the proper shape and RAM applied, canards provide better lift and maneuverability whilst maintaining comparable RCS figures with traditional lay-outs. At the end of the day, canards are traditional tail assemblies moved forward of the wing. If canards are so detrimental to RCS figures, why do both the Rafale and Eurofighter, two of the stealthiest 4.5 gen designs out there both employ them? Not forgetting the preferred, KFX 201 design?

the only problem in your statement is tailplanes are at the back ,so they won't add to frontal rcs,which is so important in 5th gen stealth.

But canards are at the front ,so they will be the first one to face radrs, if they are deflected no amount of ram coating is usefull.
if ram coating canards eliminate the rcs, then no need for 5th gen stealth shaping, you can just add ram coat to all 4th gens and presto, they become 5th gen.

Your canards RCs graph is in chinese.What is important is the rcs of j-20 with both the canards and frontal combined.

even todays x band asea are capable of detecting a cruise missile at 50 km range, then what detection range will they have for canards?

Btw no one claims rafale and eurofighter as 5th gen stealth, they are neatly detectable at 120 km range in asea radar.

All the 5th gen stealths are optimized for frequencies in the x band only.the L band which has frequencies from 6 inches to 2 feet can detect and track the 5th gen x band stealth in the asea form.And Vhf frequencies that go upto 2 meters will have lesser problems in tracking stealth.

Last edited:

ersakthivel

Brilliance
Country flag
some morons whose sole purpose in life is to denigrate LCA and who willwrite low wing loading is related to passenger aircraft,who posted in this page are yet to hear a word in their life called Lband asea that are capable of seeing the real rcs of 3 sq meter 5th gen ..

i can stick my neck out and say an LCA modeled on the silent eagle version with appropriate ram coating will have much lesser rcs than some so called 5th gens stealth that are way inferior to F-22.

Can the same morons explain the asea radar makers claim that they can engage a stealth cruise missile at 50 km range?
surely a canard operating fighter cannot have a lower rcs than a cruise missile.

http://manglermuldoon.blogspot.in/2012/05/threat-analysis-of-foreign-stealth.html

the same site quotes a figure of -20 dbsm for J-20

the same moron can go to the above site and verify the figures and the stuff I posted which says the radar system of the present patriot system can track vlo stealth like J-20 at 30-40 miles , with today's tech.

the F-35 has no anti stealth feature like canard in front.

same morons who doubt F-35s dbsm figures will say canarded j-20 will have equal stealth to F-22 despite a bigger size!!!!!!!!!

for the moron who wanted source for my claim on F-35's dbsm of 35

http://www.ausairpower.net/APA-2009-01-Annex.html
he can go to the above site and fill his brains with some stuff.sure he will keep quiet for a while.

In terms of azimuths, best performance was generally achieved for threats in the forward quarter of the aircraft, with the RCS contribution of the lower centre fuselage consistent with public claims of -30 dBSM RCS performance in the X-band. That the simulation yields such consistency with publicly disclosed RCS performance data demonstrates that it performed accurately.

The most problematic aspects for the lower centre fuselage are those where the contoured lower surface is exposed, especially if the azimuth of illumination is close to the broadside beam aspect of the aircraft. This is especially prominent for angles of ±10° to ±20° off the beam, where average RCS values of up to 0 dBSM are observed in the lower bands.
VHF band radars present a major risk for fighter sized VLO and LO aircraft, as virtually all airframe shaping becomes ineffective or at best partly effective in this band, in addition to problems arising with absorbent material skin depth at ~100 MHz. Numerous Russian source cite an RCS in the VHF band for the F-117A Nighthawk at 0.5 m2, a figure which would be similar for the Joint Strike Fighter. Recent designs such as the Nebo SVU include solid state AESA technology and provide comparable angle and range accuracy to S-band acquisition radars. Performance curves based on Russian datasheets.
I never post stuff without authentic link from leading experts in aviation.No one can refute a single claim of mine.

Last edited:

ersakthivel

Brilliance
Country flag
That's what I said. It is not confirmed that J-20 has a functioning aesa radar on board as yet.

And sensitive stuff like aesa radar is not opened and inspeected in unprotected open spaces, only inside proper facilities, they will open the radar.That's what I thought.

I haven't comeneted upon whether chinese have finished the aesa radar or not.

Last edited:

huaxia rox

If you get your source from ruppee news which quotes nuclear reactor is not installed on arihant then ,I wouldn't argue with it.
Remember the ruppee news says that one has to cut open the hull of nuclear sub to load fuel into it. Do you believe that bullshit too?

Without finessing the design of reactor navy would have never allowed it to be finalised. Navy is involved right from the start in this project, you must note. It is not easy to fool people in india. There is freedom of speech and no one can unload bullshit on general populace.
So all news comming out is credible.That's why project seems to drag.

In about 10 years time where tech will be improved to pinpoint your 5th gen j-20 with L band asea and IRST,,rafale will beat it every time,I promise you.
1 not from rupee news....if you need links i can show you here..........you need or not???very simple.....

2 you keep talking rafale which is completely unstealth jet that belongs to a whole other generation and tejas of which the failure made indians have to go for the unstealth rafale in the era of going for stealth jets......so can you keeping talking make rafale a stealth one or what???

how many nuclear weapons,space launches and moon missions AUSSIE achieved?
Do the have 5000 km nuclear ballistic missiles like AGNI?
So how do you compare the aussie and indian infra in the above fields?
Post some sensible stuff.People posting here browse 100s of other sites and exposure to much more credible news source than you can ever imagine.Be careful before accusing the other guy.

Dpoes that say the submarine was fielded without reactor?

It was the claim of the above daily that the arihant was launched without a reactor.Not the official version or the gospel of truth.That's what I said to contradict someone that the arihant was launched without a reactor.

Indias Nuclear Sub Doesnt Have Working Reactor Yet

first the un named scientist's claim was quoted ,then the official reaction from NATARAJAN BARC scientist was put forth.

"Once big components like reactor vessel, heat exchangers and the lead shielding (for protecting crew from radiation) are transferred to the submarine before closing its shell, the remaining smaller components including the fuel assembly can be introduced later to complete the construction," he said.

no bud head needs to cut open the shell for that.

The land based model was working perfectly for years.So what issues are you expecting from the reactor?

And the officials expect the reactor to go critical in months.

no one launches he first nuclear sub with all system ready, armaments and other systems are fit latter only.That doesnot mean there is no reactor inside.

The core containing fuel rods wont go critical before afew months from the launch,that was the official press release.

then people are saying it has no reactor no armaments,etc,etc using the statements to fit their own perspective.

India already builds submarines here.Do you think it has taken us 60 years to launch a empty steel tube?

SO all un named scientists are the most credible source!!!!!!

and I am a troll.

I and every one else in india know the real stage of the project as it is a free country and no one censors facebook here.
People who don't have the self confidence to let their citizens browse the web freely are naming who is a troll and who is not.

Surely ADA cannot palm off the LCA to IAf like the way you dumped your JF-17 on pak with no radar, no avionics, no chinese engine, in india.

You don't need to turn this J-20 thread into LKG class type"SEE THE PICTURES AND NARRATE YOUR OWN STORY" period of creative thinking.

Meanwhile you guys blithely go on saying that people install radars on a prototype under open skies on the tarmak!!!!! and every one has to bow their head in deference it seems!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Go to RAFALE thread and see for yourself how asea radar is fitted on the nose cone

go to page-13and post no 187 of rafale thread in this forum to see how asea looks

.How can that big an asea radar which almost always occupies the entire radom dia fitted from sideways that too on the tarmak?

May be it is the first time in your life that you are seeing aircrafts fitted with asea radr.
1 while you believe its not necessary for IN to complete all the subsystems like a properly workable nuclear engine when your nuclear sub was launched why would you think J-20 has to complete all the sub systems when it was launched so it can be a G4 stealth fighter jet??

2 if you wanna compare tejas and jf-17 you'd better notice jf-17 already in service....and where is tejas???

3 why the layout of radar system of j-20 needs to be totally like rafale which is a unstealth plane????are you telling me all the AESA radars in fighter jets have to look same???

Last edited:

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles