ISRO General News and Updates

Maveli

Country flag
Article says isro should not run after heavy launch vehicle they should launch small class vehicle more times
No, it says ISRO should consider building small SATELLITES. It doesn't say anything about small or heavy LAUNCHERS.

Maveli

Country flag
This block India to move on to next generation of satellites and high throughput satellites which basically form internet other than submarsible cables. Things on internet can be tamed easily if you control submersible cables arround you and have large no of HTS. CHINA did this
High throughput satellites? What percentage of Internet traffic is sent through such satellites? I think it is a number very close to 1.

Swesh

High throughput satellites? What percentage of Internet traffic is sent through such satellites? I think it is a number very close to 1.
I might be wrong in amount of data sent through HTS but would you plz post various means through which internet traffic passes

Chinmoy

Country flag
Yes. As of today, internet traffic is dependent on cable network. Even our mobile net is basically based on cable net. But HTS is future. One web is going to do it.
We need to invest in HTS as high speed cable network in our case is not feasible in every nook and corner.

Chinmoy

Country flag
Someone from ISRO posted this on his LinkedIn Profile.

View attachment 181082

:facepalm:

What is the point of posting it in Linkedin?

When he has already written so much to everyone, it means he is already known in the circle. Just put a tweet tagging PMO, HMO if you have all the details. What is the point of posting it in Linkedin unless you want to sow the seed of doubt in mind of professionals.

Vamsi

Country flag
GISAT was the most sophisticated satellites after cartosat 3
1.GISAT-1 was repeatedly delayed and then it's launch failed.

2.GSAT-11 was hurriedly called back,even after Tapan Mishra assuring there is no need for that.

3.Even after having LVM-3, I-3K sats are still launched from French Guiana.

4. RISAT-1A's resolution reduced compared to RISAT-1

5.Tapan Mishra's proposal for more efficient High Resolution Sat with light weight camera was rejected (his proposed sat would have weighed less than 300Kg,but with similar resolution to Cartosat-3 class)

6.He was poisoned, he was sacked as director of SAC

7. Tapan Mishra claimed that higher officials of ISRO planned to sabotage HTS program to favour a foreign HTS satellite

8. CY-2 lander's configuration was suddenly changed and then it was launched without proper testing. ( I don't remember who,but someone claimed that they suddenly changed the configuration to delay CY-2 launch to post 2019 elections, they thought mudi would loose elections so that this launch can be done for the new govt).

9.now that particular ISRO scientist claims that a relative of former Chairman involved,

I really pray that I should be wrong here, but all of this points me towards Dr. Sivan.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles