ISRO General News and Updates

Photon

Country flag
Just check progress of RTA program, it's under the control of ex ISRO chairmans,no progress so far!!!it's sure that anti nationals exist inside ISRO, or VSSC.

DumbPilot

Country flag
3.Even after having LVM-3, I-3K sats are still launched from French Guiana.
We ended up saving money with that. To my knowledge we only paid about $95 million for two satellites, which is like $45ish million per satellite.

Launch cost of LVM3 once is like $63 million.

Pretty sure there are several points in your message that can be explained with some research.

Indx TechStyle

Kitty mod
Mod
Country flag
ISRO to move operational activities to NSIL, to focus on R&D, says its Chairman

Synopsis
The Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO) would move its operational activities to its marketing arm NewSpace India Limited (NSIL) and focus on research and development in the area of advanced space technologies in the coming years, its Chairm...
The Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO) would move its operational activities to its marketing arm NewSpace India Limited (NSIL) and focus on research and development in the area of advanced space technologies in the coming years, its Chairman S Somanath said on Monday.
He said the ISRO has over the years been focusing more on delivering applications for the government and the public; having created systems, and building, launching and operating satellites, providing communication, earth observation and navigation services. Following the government directives, all those operational activities would now move to NSIL, also a central public sector enterprise under the Department of Space (DoS), Somanath said in his address to a function marking the launch of platinum jubilee year celebrations of the Raman Research Institute (RRI) here. "ISRO will focus more and more on research and development for advanced technologies in this domain (space)," he said.
"This is going to happen in the coming years." This means the "connection" between the ISRO and scientific organisations in the country need to be scaled up to create greater research and development activities in space technology, Somanath, also DoS Secretary, said. He reiterated that the changes in ISRO, following reforms in the space sector initiated by the government, is really going to transform the way the national space agency works with scientific institutions in the country in the field of research and collaboration.
RRI Director Prof. Tarun Souradeep said RRI, a premier institution founded by Nobel Laureate Sir C V Raman in 1948, is entering into 75th year of promoting research in frontier areas of Physics under contemporary research themes.

Swesh

5.Tapan Mishra's proposal for more efficient High Resolution Sat with light weight camera was rejected (his proposed sat would have weighed less than 300Kg,but with similar resolution to Cartosat-3 class)
He is still persuing this dream via this organisation

SKC

Country flag
1.GISAT-1 was repeatedly delayed and then it's launch failed.

2.GSAT-11 was hurriedly called back,even after Tapan Mishra assuring there is no need for that.

3.Even after having LVM-3, I-3K sats are still launched from French Guiana.

4. RISAT-1A's resolution reduced compared to RISAT-1

5.Tapan Mishra's proposal for more efficient High Resolution Sat with light weight camera was rejected (his proposed sat would have weighed less than 300Kg,but with similar resolution to Cartosat-3 class)

6.He was poisoned, he was sacked as director of SAC

7. Tapan Mishra claimed that higher officials of ISRO planned to sabotage HTS program to favour a foreign HTS satellite

8. CY-2 lander's configuration was suddenly changed and then it was launched without proper testing. ( I don't remember who,but someone claimed that they suddenly changed the configuration to delay CY-2 launch to post 2019 elections, they thought mudi would loose elections so that this launch can be done for the new govt).

9.now that particular ISRO scientist claims that a relative of former Chairman involved,

I really pray that I should be wrong here, but all of this points me towards Dr. Sivan.
Testing of CY-2 was really comical. Saw the videos of tests being done in IITs. It was really pathetic. I had no hopes the rover would make it to surface intact after watching those test videos by ISRO.

Swesh

I noticed a weird thing that nobody asked even on reddit or on any isro forums
Under k Sivan these two newspapers got preferential treatment for exclusive info and they were local newspapers, this was changed after s. Somnath took over

Swesh

I noticed a weird thing that nobody asked even on reddit or on any isro forums
Under k Sivan these two newspapers got preferential treatment for exclusive info and they were local newspapers, this was changed after s. Somnath took over
@Vamsi @Indx TechStyle @Alamarathan

Swesh

Oregami based lenses can be used higher resolution in optical sats with low weight but in term of SAR i really don't knowwhat can be used to achieve more efficiency in SAR PAYLOAD
We already tried this concept
The Robust Technology Development Programme of SAC, Isro had developed an innovative satellite payload using the concept of origami, the art of paper folding. The INS-1C payload team has used the concept of multi-fold reflective optics to design imagers of significantly reduced thickness, as compared to those with conventional refractive cameras.

This multi-fold optical configuration is known as origami optics. It is important to note that the reflective optics is based on metal mirrors, rather than the usual glass based origami lens. The use of metal reflectors makes the camera potentially more versatile in terms of spectral coverage. The mirrors and the optical assembly were developed at the ISRO. The optics has been fabricated using a single-point diamond turning machine with a fast-tool servo.

The first payload operation was carried out successfully on January 16, 2018, and since then, the payload has provided excellent images. Data sent by this camera is useful for topographical mapping, vegetation monitoring, aerosol scattering studies and cloud studies etc.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles