Iran Military Developments

Would Iran having a Nuclear Bomb benefit India vis-a-vis Pakistan?

• Yes

Votes: 16 23.5%
  • No

Votes: 39 57.4%
  • Can't Say

Votes: 13 19.1%

• Total voters

Rebelkid

Hmm...MIddle east is getting tense...

1.Bunker buster bombs being sent to Diego Garcia islands
2.Iran buying S-300's
3.US threatening to nuke Iran if attacked by chemical weapons (i read that somewhere, cant confirm source)
4.Tehran threatining to Nuke America if attacked

WTF is goin on in Middle east...i just hope things don't explode.... Isreal,hamas,Lebanon situation is allready bad

BunBunCake

3.US threatening to nuke Iran if attacked by chemical weapons (i read that somewhere, cant confirm source)
Not Happening.
Iran doesn't have the capacity to attack the US. Using ballistic missiles nor using it's air force.

4.Tehran threatening to Nuke America if attacked
Iran doesn't have nukes.

Btw, this is nothing new.... the middle east is always like this.

Last edited:

Rebelkid

Not Happening.
Iran doesn't have the capacity to attack the US. Using ballistic missiles nor using it's air force.

Of course not..but they do have ability to strike Isreal

Iran doesn't have nukes.

Btw, this is nothing new.... the middle east is always like this.
I believe Iran does have nukes , last i heard they where 1 month away from completing one .

yeah Isreal does tend to show aggression every few years

BunBunCake

I believe Iran does have nukes , last i heard they where 1 month away from completing one .

yeah Isreal does tend to show aggression every few years
Source please.
I've never heard of such a thing....

ahmedsid

Top Gun
The Americans are Trying hard to prove the Iranians are building nukes(having nukes) and the Iranians are trying hard to show, they are not building nukes (having nukes). So Far both of them have been unsuccessful, so Raja and Rebel, you too cant win this debate either! God Speed

Rebelkid

You cannot make nuclear bombs with 20% enriched Uranium.
Iran's president is a big idiot. Who ever lets him talk.....

I still stand by my statement, Iran doesn't have nukes.
He got some balls...i can say that for screaming at Israel and USA..
20% are the official sources..god knows about the unofficial one( if there is one)

bhramos

Country flag
Not Happening.
atleast Iran have defence capability for atleast non-stealth aircrafts, but US never uses non-stealth jets in first round of wave of attacks.
may be Israel should fear, not US.

BunBunCake

The Americans are Trying hard to prove the Iranians are building nukes(having nukes) and the Iranians are trying hard to show, they are not building nukes (having nukes). So Far both of them have been unsuccessful, so Raja and Rebel, you too cant win this debate either! God Speed
Yes Sir, but I was referring to the remark that "Iran is threatening the US of nuking it if any strikes are conducted on it."
It's not possible if Iran doesn't possess any nuclear weapons :p

And yes, you are absolutely right. Iran keeps saying it's trying to use nuclear technology for peaceful purposes. And the US is trying to prove that Iran is indeed trying to make nuclear weapons. But Iran's president is also making taunting remarks claiming, Iran can enrich at a much higher level than 20% (hinting it is capable of developing nuclear weapons) but by status now, Iran does not possess any nor will any time soon.

bhramos

Country flag
He got some balls...i can say that for screaming at Israel and USA..
20% are the official sources..god knows about the unofficial one( if there is one)
but that cant be 100% either,
talk lie louder and biggerwhich sounds others as truth.

bhramos

Country flag
Yes Sir, but I was referring to the remark that "Iran is threatening the US of nuking it if any strikes are conducted on it."
It's not possible if Iran doesn't possess any nuclear weapons :p

And yes, you are absolutely right. Iran keeps saying it's trying to use nuclear technology for peaceful purposes. And the US is trying to prove that Iran is indeed trying to make nuclear weapons. But Iran's president is also making taunting remarks claiming, Iran can enrich at a much higher level than 20% (hinting it is capable of developing nuclear weapons) but by status now, Iran does not possess any nor will any time soon.
you are true, any country does not say its N-program as for a bomb, its the same with in India too in 1970's

BunBunCake

atleast Iran have defence capability for atleast non-stealth aircrafts, but US never uses non-stealth jets in first round of wave of attacks.
may be Israel should fear, not US.
Iran has NO capability. Come on, what SAM's does it have? How many of Iran's missiles can hit Israel?
What aircraft in Iran's Air Force can match the might of the IAF?

The Only reason this guy is making so many statements is because he knows.... the US will not attack Iran (international pressure). If the US attacks Iran, then the US will be the bad guys in front of the world.
Iran is LUCKY Bush isn't the president.

Rebelkid

Iran has NO capability. Come on, what SAM's does it have? How many of Iran's missiles can hit Israel?

The Only reason this guy is making so many statements is because he knows.... the US will not attack Iran (international pressure). If the US attacks Iran, then the US will be the bad guys in front of the world.
Iranian air force is absolutely nothing....but the S-300's will surely hurt any non stealth aircraft(Am pretty sure those B-2's will prolly take em out)

Israel will be facing some heavy missile attacks from both Iran and syria as they are like twin brothers if US or Isreal decides to attack.

bhramos

Country flag

the best is Buk-M1 is quite tougher,
but other i doubt on their modified SA-2 or S-200 and less Capable S-300.
modified SA-2 hit a Stealth aircraft in Yugoslavia as no one ever expected it to be possible.

Rebelkid

the best is Buk-M1 is quite tougher,
but other i doubt on their modified SA-2 or S-200 and less Capable S-300.
modified SA-2 hit a Stealth aircraft in Yugoslavia as no one ever expected it to be possible.
yeah..i remember that..they modified the radar to detect the F-117

I don't remember the details....but in "future dogfights" show i heard such a technology is hard coz it gives out soo many readings u will need a hightech computer to filter it

bengalraider

DFI Technocrat
Ambassador
Country flag
The scariest thing in the Mideast is neither Iran nor Syria alone it is the report by janes in October 2009 that said Syria had passed on M-600 ballistic missiles to Hezbollah, yes this report if true would make Hezbollah the only guerrilla force in the world with IRBM capability. now couple that with reports that the Iranians in turn gave the hezzies some very nasty biological and chemical warheads nad you have a very ugly ballpark on your hands. if the Americans should choose to bomb Iran one could see Hezbollah missiles lighting up the skies of Israel and gassing Tel aviv, turning any American shot at a clean air offensive into a messy drawn out ground campaign with the Israelis and Americans against the combined forces of Iran , Syria and Hezbollah.

nandu

Iran may develop ICBM to target US by 2015: Pentagon

WASHINGTON : Iran may develop intercontinental ballistic missile capable of striking US by 2015, but could need "foreign assistance" to improve its delivery technology.

US officials also warned that it could take beyond a year for Tehran to develop a nuclear weapon.

The assessment of the Iranian nuclear and missile programme was given by James Miller deputy under secretary of defence policy in a senate hearing Tuesday.

Miller cautioned impatient lawmakers that a limited US military strike may not likely be "decisive" in halting Iran's nuclear programme.

Miller told lawmakers that estimates indicate that Iran could build an ICBM capable of hitting targets in US by 2015-18 and that the country could convert its Safir space launch vehicle, which Tehran claimed to have put into orbit in 2009, into a long range missile.

At the hearing Miller said the top priority for the US missile defence is to defend itself from the threats posed by Iran and North Korea.

The Pentagon also made it clear that US missile defence programme was not intended to affect the strategic balance with Russia and China.

"The US will continue to defend the homeland against the threat of limited ballistic missile attacks. The top priority for US missile defence efforts is to defend the US from the threat of missile attack by regional actors such as North Korea or Iran.

"The US does not intend for our missile defences to affect the strategic balance with Russia or China," Miller said.

http://www.brahmand.com/news/Iran-may-develop-ICBM-to-target-US-by-2015-Pentagon/3697/1/10.html

Armand2REP

CHINI EXPERT
Country flag
Did Iran buy HQ-9?

Army Day Parade revealed something odd

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles