INSAS Rifle, LMG & Carbine

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Mod
Country flag
The deal will go through since each gun purchase is inked to an influential strategic partnership. AK 203 (Russia), SIG 716 (USA) and CAR 816 (UAE). As to the OFB Carbine, it's a fancy paperweight. However a few changes could make it much more presentable.

LOL! They made a copy of an FN FNC Carbine with digi camo, HK G33 charging handle, picatinny rails and AK style mag release!

Having said that, if there were no INSAS Excalibur rifle, then this would have had an easy domestic market. My take would be to replace INSAS in police hands with Excalibur and to give this OFB Carbine to SWAT units, paramilitary QRTs, VBSS teams and Coast Guard units.
And OFB CQB has the potential to replace baretta C4 storm in BSF & various police too.

I never understood why they were buying C4 storm in the first place. It’s just a glorified pistol.

Bleh

Laughing member
Country flag
Neither is it similar to FNC, nor Kalantak (other than silhouette). You don't even mention Sig-552 carbine from which it actually borrows from. It could have short-stroke piston as well.
From outside look, only objectionable issue is absence of adjustable buttstock with cheek-rest like the older 7.65×52 prototype.

Without real trials there's no way to know ARDE carbine's quality... If you feel like trolling, then don't involve me.
I never understood why they were buying C4 storm in the first place. It’s just a glorified pistol.
And full of teething problems apparently. But BSF is more likely to get JVPC... or even better, SSS Defence P-72 Carbine (7.62×39)!
IMG_20200207_132211.jpg

Those guys could use an order.

Last edited:

vampyrbladez

Country flag
Neither is it similar to FNC, nor Kalantak (other than silhouette). You don't even mention Sig-552 carbine from which it actually borrows from. It could have short-stroke piston as well.
From outside look, only objectionable issue is absence of adjustable buttstock with cheek-rest like the older 7.65×52 prototype.

Without real trials there's no way to know ARDE carbine's quality... If you feel like trolling, then don't involve me.A full of teething problems apparently. But BSF is more likely to get JVPC... or even better, SSS Defence P-72 Carbine (7.62×39)!
View attachment 42699
So the SSS guys did listen to the dust cover change feedback! Wonderful!

Another route to increase sales is by selling semi auto civilian versions to USA and Canada sporting enthusiast. Fun fact, Norinco has a big market in Canadian civilian shooting sports via its < $1000 QBZ 97 bullpups!

P.S. Is there a 5.56 mm variant of this gun?

Last edited:

Akula

Country flag

Another route to increase sales is by selling semi auto civilian versions to USA and Canada sporting enthusiast. Fun fact, Norinco has a big market in Canadian civilian shooting sports via its < $1000 QBZ 97 bullpups!
In my opinion SSS Defence should also work on handguns. An Indian made handgun can replace old licensed produced OFB handguns.

vampyrbladez

Country flag
In my opinion SSS Defence should also work on handguns. An Indian made handgun can replace old licensed produced OFB handguns.
A licensed G 17/18 copy will do perfectly fine. For concealed carry duties by special forces/ pilots/ vehicle crew the G 28 model would be applicable here. To no one's surprise however, OFB may go on strike.

Last edited:

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Mod
Country flag

Without real trials there's no way to know ARDE carbine's quality... If you feel like trolling, then don't involve me.And full of teething problems apparently. But BSF is more likely to get JVPC... or even better, SSS Defence P-72 Carbine (7.62×39)!
View attachment 42699
And SSS AR portfolio is short stroke, if they are able to get into indian market it would radically alter AR choices to be made by Indian security forces in this century.

Spindrift

P.S. Is there a 5.56 mm variant of this gun?
The government should ease the restrictions on firearm ownership here so that we can own the civilian versions instead of looking for a market abroad... Look, no private firearms manufacturer will be able to sustain and or grow their business and innovate more unless the government eases the restrictions on firearm ownership in India.

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Mod
Country flag
The government should ease the restrictions on firearm ownership here so that we can own the civilian versions instead of looking for a market abroad... Look, no private firearms manufacturer will be able to sustain and or grow their business and innovate more unless the government eases the restrictions on firearm ownership in India.
Private firms can always export, nobody is stopping them.

I think we might see SSS defence in Shotshow 2022, they already have an american partner LMT.

vampyrbladez

Country flag
I agree with selling 5 - 10 round handguns here but no semi auto ones. First we need to kill off Naxals and Jihadis. Then we can allow for 2nd Amendment type rights.

Spindrift

Private firms can always export, nobody is stopping them.

I think we might see SSS defence in Shotshow 2022, they already have an american partner LMT.
It'll be difficult to export finished firearms, what they could do is make parts for their American partner to reduce their costs and in the process make some money. Also, Americans will not spend money on Indian manufactured firearms, with the exception of SLMEs as IOF has dented our reputation in that sector and the 2nd A guys, they prefer Made in U.S.A .

Secondly, exporting firearms from India is plain a pain in the ass

See section 33 of https://www.daman.nic.in/acts-rules/Police-department/documents/TheArmsRules1962.pdf

Spindrift

I agree with selling 5 - 10 round handguns here but no semi auto ones. First we need to kill off Naxals and Jihadis. Then we can allow for 2nd Amendment type rights.
I can assure you that the Naxals and Paki terrorists and such criminals don't apply for firearms licenses before acquiring them and then committing acts of terrorism.

They have other sources for that.

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Mod
Country flag
It'll be difficult to export finished firearms, what they could do is make parts for their American partner to reduce their costs and in the process make some money. Also, Americans will not spend money on Indian manufactured firearms, with the exception of SLMEs as IOF has dented our reputation in that sector and the 2nd A guys, they prefer Made in U.S.A .

See section 33 of https://www.daman.nic.in/acts-rules/Police-department/documents/TheArmsRules1962.pdf
True..

And American gun lovers are usually also fans of “Made in Murica” stuff.

vampyrbladez

Country flag
I can assure you that the Naxals and Paki terrorists and such criminals don't apply for firearms licenses before acquiring them and then committing acts of terrorism.

They have other sources for that.
You'd be surprised how easy it is for most deactivated semi auto firearms can be made full auto in back alley workshops. If you kill off these scum, then risk of proliferation reduces.

Here's a guy making an AK-47 out of a shovel, a spare unrifled barrel/steel rod, AK spare parts (gas port, bolt, bolt carrier, pistol grip and barrel shroud). From this

to this.

https://www.northeastshooters.com/xen/threads/diy-shovel-ak-photo-tsunami-warning.179192/

Here's a manual to build to build a simple blowback 9mm SMG.

http://archive.4plebs.org/pol/thread/230514305/

Here's a manual on basic gunsmithing.

https://www.scribd.com/document/345806935/Gunsmithing-and-Firearm-Modification-pdf

Gun control is a flawed idea. The idea is to keep proliferation at minimum. That's why we get rid of the naxals and jihadis first. So that semi auto carbines / rifles cannot be made full auto and used against our boys. Till then scum have to risk blowing off their fingers with homemade/improvised firearms.

P.S: I found all the above by simply googling without VPN.

Last edited:

Spindrift

You'd be surprised how easy it is for most deactivated semi auto firearms can be made full auto in back alley workshops. If you kill off these scum, then risk of proliferation reduces.
Yes, I am aware of this. I believe some IOF guys were smuggling defective INSAS rifles and fixing them and selling them to Naxals and other criminals, but the thing here is that all these are illegally acquired weapons. I am not sure how restricting law abiding citizens from owning firearms helps with the situation.
And also with the improvements of 3D printing technology all the restrictions put in by the government will be moot.
Case in point is a 9mm sub-machine gun call FGC 9, the FGC stands for "F**k gun control"
As long as there is money to be made you cannot reduce the proliferation.

vampyrbladez

Country flag

True..

And American gun lovers are usually also fans of “Made in Murica” stuff.
Could simply add the pistol grip and few other components in some USA subsidiary and then sell them as " Made In 'Murica", would be quite useful actually and highly profitable.

vampyrbladez

Country flag
Yes, I am aware of this. I believe some IOF guys were smuggling defective INSAS rifles and fixing them and selling them to Naxals and other criminals, but the thing here is that all these are illegally acquired weapons. I am not sure how restricting law abiding citizens from owning firearms helps with the situation.
And also with the improvements of 3D printing technology all the restrictions put in by the government will be moot.
Case in point is a 9mm sub-machine gun call FGC 9, the FGC stands for "F**k gun control"
As long as there is money to be made you cannot reduce the proliferation.
I can reduce the market by killing the demand. No scum = no worries of misuse of firearms. Ex-IA/CRPF/BSF/ITBP INSAS rifles with a hole drilled in the gas port could be sold off to private collectors.

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Mod
Country flag
Could simply add the pistol grip and few other components in some USA subsidiary and then sell them as " Made In 'Murica", would be quite useful actually and highly profitable.
That’s what happens, and a bit more. But from a logistics point of view, if vendors want to keep up with user feedback it can’t happen sitting thousands of km away.

I am always amazed at the product improvements that keep showing up at SHOTSHOW every year. True entrepreneurship on display.

Even Kriss vector is made in USA same as tavors, for murican market.

Ujjain

Country flag
I can reduce the market by killing the demand. No scum = no worries of misuse of firearms. Ex-IA/CRPF/BSF/ITBP INSAS rifles with a hole drilled in the gas port could be sold off to private collectors.
My father owns an M1 garand with multiple wholes in the gas tube which makes it a bolt action rifle but it can be converted back to its semi auto version easily by just replacing the tube.

vampyrbladez

Country flag
My father owns an M1 garand with multiple wholes in the gas tube which makes it a bolt action rifle but it can be converted back to its semi auto version easily by just replacing the tube.
Or you could simply solder the hole and use it as it was intended to.

porky_kicker

Country flag
Off topic , I never comment on such issues but this is necessary.

I would sincerely request people to boycott bollytard Shikara and also request their family / friends etc to boycott the movie.

This bollytard brand of sickularism must be destroyed .

It has become too pathetic and obnoxious
Feeding on the miseries on Hindus killed raped and hounded out by Islamists bastards.

Please boycott the movie

Global Defence

New threads

Articles