INSAS Rifle, LMG & Carbine

Ujjain

Country flag
Or you could simply solder the hole and use it as it was intended to.
Your idea won't help for a longer period of time because of the pressure of hot expanding gases. I asked my father the same thing but he told me that this solution will not work for maybe even 30 rounds. It's better to use a single piece gas tube which can be made on a lathe but that would be illegal, sadly.

vampyrbladez

Country flag
Your idea won't help for a longer period of time because of the pressure of hot expanding gases. I asked my father the same thing but he told me that this solution will not work for maybe even 30 rounds. It's better to use a single piece gas tube which can be made on a lathe but that would be illegal, sadly.
You can custom make these at home if you have a lathe machine to do the rifling. Even reforging the existing barrel will do. All you need is a competent metalworker.

Ujjain

Country flag
You can custom make these at home if you have a lathe machine to do the rifling. Even reforging the existing barrel will do. All you need is a competent metalworker.
Issue is that, we can make those changes/mods but the only thing which stops us from doing it is the legality of our action. Infact my father and some of my cousins can make a rifle from scratch but our law forbids us from doing such things. My cousin wants to start a firearm manufacturing firm for precision rifles but he is completely clueless about permits and licenses needed.

Spindrift

Issue is that, we can make those changes/mods but the only thing which stops us from doing it is the legality of our action. Infact my father and some of my cousins can make a rifle from scratch but our law forbids us from doing such things. My cousin wants to start a firearm manufacturing firm for precision rifles but he is completely clueless about permits and licenses needed.
here you go buddy. start from here https://ndal-alis.gov.in/armslicence/applyOnline.do
Also, have him start with Airguns and later move on to firearms and if possible have him join Indian for Guns forums https://indiansforguns.com
And ask questions there, they are helpful.

abhay rajput

Country flag
Off topic , I never comment on such issues but this is necessary.

I would sincerely request people to boycott bollytard Shikara and also request their family / friends etc to boycott the movie.

This bollytard brand of sickularism must be destroyed .

It has become too pathetic and obnoxious
Feeding on the miseries on Hindus killed raped and hounded out by Islamists bastards.

Please boycott the movie
Now That's what I call dedication .. posted on every thread.. good job bro

Akula

Country flag
Exactly.. They fucking copied the Browning? Well done!

Good work on the sniper too (.338 lapua, not 14.5 anti-material).
I don't understand, why everytime
Exactly.. They fucking copied the Browning? Well done!

Good work on the sniper too (.338 lapua, not 14.5 anti-material).
Or they must have aquired license for producing it. M2HB on RCIWS can be a good option.

Bleh

Laughing member
Country flag
IOr they must have aquired license for producing it. M2HB on RCIWS can be a good option.
Doubt it... we already operate enough .50 calibre weapons, RCWS too. I praised their initiative (on the 7.62 carbine & the .338 lapua too), but I still do think this one was completely unnecessary!

@Johny_Baba could tell more.

Johny_Baba

अज्ञानी
Country flag
Doubt it... we already operate enough .50 calibre weapons, RCWS too. I praised their initiative (on the 7.62 carbine & the .338 lapua too), but I still do think this one was completely unnecessary!

@Johny_Baba could tell more.
M2HB is a 1930s era firearm that we've been using since WW2 era times,mainly as aircraft cannon and heavy machine gun (both tank / vehicle mounted as well as stationary ones).

its patents have been expired since many years and many manufacturers have been producing it around the world,

so my best guess is OFB guys must have obtained designs papers/blueprints from some of the manufacturer and started making it here.

Though i will say too f**king late,as this is first time i am seeing M2HB in OFB's exhibition...mostly they used to make russian .50 cal (12.7x108mm) NSV machine gun and its ammo but seems they are now switching to NATO pattern .50 cal weaponary and ammunition.

Bleh

Laughing member
Country flag
M2HB is a 1930s era firearm that we've been using since WW2 era times,mainly as aircraft cannon and heavy machine gun (both tank / vehicle mounted as well as stationary ones).

its patents have been expired since many years and many manufacturers have been producing it around the world,

so my best guess is OFB guys must have obtained designs papers/blueprints from some of the manufacturer and started making it here.

Though i will say too f**king late,as this is first time i am seeing M2HB in OFB's exhibition...mostly they used to make russian .50 cal (12.7x108mm) NSV machine gun and its ammo but seems they are now switching to NATO pattern .50 cal weaponary and ammunition.
Anything on the .338 or both 7.62 & 5.56 carbines?

Bleh

Laughing member
Country flag

Bleh

Laughing member
Country flag
Read a great news on BRF!!!

AK-203 Rifle manufacturing plan is apparently stuck, as Russians are now demanding more money over the already doubled price, to agree on 100% TOT (SURPRISE!)

Defexpo was full of desi 7.62 carbines. A better opportunity will never come for them!..

Last edited:

Johny_Baba

अज्ञानी
Country flag
Anything on the .338 or both 7.62 & 5.56 carbines?
You mean SSS "Saber" .338 lapua magnum rifle ?

bhai i've already writte about it extensively abouit it in some threads here,please refer to it

https://defenceforumindia.com/forum...somappa-defence-ltd.81790/page-6#post-1627368

my last reply about it after DefExpo 2020 reveal was this

Specs are impressive

but i am still kinda suspecious bekoze their maal indeed feels like phoren supplied "cheetos" to me.

Anyway,if IA is going after .338 Lapua Magnum sniper rifle this will serve them fine.
#As for 5.56mm NATO Carbine designed by ARDE//made by OFB,

I like the concept very much,it offers a rigid mount on top with full length picatiny rail thanks to its two piece sectioned receiver construction based on SG540 // SG550 rifle series (some member here compared the design as "FNC minus mag well" but naah it clearly is not FNC) - it provides sturdier,non moving mounting place for optics to be mounted on top compared to traditional kalashnikovs with railed top covers (or dust covers,simply) as no matter how much rigid it is made using different locking methods (in case of INSAS, there is a spring operated locking mechanism on its right side that snaps with top cover to make it fit rigidly,a user can push a button on its right to loosen it for disassembly purposes) it always will have some mechanical vibratios that could eventually move aim towars loose side.
So TL;DR; Two piece sectioned receiver provides much better,sturdier surface to mount optics on top, and this ARDE//OFB Carbine definitely has a plus point here.

Also,these pattern of receiver offers better access to internal parts for cleaning and maintenance purposes as internals are divided in two parts and twice exposed after disassemby than traditional kalashnikov pattern receiver where they are mounted on a single metallic block. It is also good for providing much sturdier fittings for internal parts of the guns.
^These seems the reasons why ARDE upgraded MSMC from traditional kalashnikov style single piece receiver to sectioned two piece receiver in final iteration of JVPC.

There are some minor plus minus points with this pattern of receiver design over traditional single piece receiver design of kalashnikovs but explaining it all would be irrelevant here.

Finally,i have written it countless times (perhaps not here but other places like our groups on facebook messenger , telegram and so) that INSAS SHOULD HAVE BEEN BASED ON SIG540//SG550 STYLE OF KALASHNIKOV FROM VERY START instead of kopy of AKM , I.E. 1995 ERA WHEN INSAS WAS DESIGNED - and it seems deez PSU nuts have finally realised the limitations of traditional kalashnikov patters after wasting our precious time,money,resources ( and dare i say,human lives) and rolled out a SG540//SG550 pattern desi kalashnikov from their side...but too f**king late,mate! :tsk:

#As for 7.62x39mm Carbine of OFB,
Clearly based on Trichy Assault Rifle - concept is similar to AKS74U but in 7.62x39mm,also has similar pattern of "muzzle booster" on it.Good experiment,i would say.Would it work here ? cannot say much but it seems similar concepts has been already out there in phoren market and to some extent working fine - some examples in 7.62x39mm being
- Zastava M92
- Arsenal AR-M14SF
and so.

vampyrbladez

Country flag
Read a great news on BRF!!!

AK-203 Rifle manufacturing plan is apparently stuck, as Russians are now demanding more money over the already doubled price, to agree on 100% TOT (SURPRISE!)

Defexpo was full of desi 7.62 carbines. A better opportunity will never come for them!..
It is highly possible that the Trichy Assault Rifle (TAR) could be used instead of AK 203.

https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com...to-latest-russian-ak/articleshow/73941601.cms

Russians are also bitching over the SiG 716 G2. This means that the follow on order of 50% of previous total could likely be activated given the prompt delivery schedule.

We have the option for 36200 more SIG 716 Battle Rifles at the same price as the original consignment once the current order for 72400 guns has been completed.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/thepri...l-end-armys-long-quest-for-rifles/200792/amp/

https://economictimes.indiatimes.co...erican-sigsauer-guns/articleshow/74001571.cms

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles