INSAS Rifle, LMG & Carbine

porky_kicker

Country flag
Tonbo imaging bloodhound with Indian security forces

Bloodhound uncooled binocular is a compact light weight thermal imaging biocular.

it is the lightest Biocular on the planet with its long range detection capability. It can detect a NATO sized target at upto 3km.

blood.jpg

porky_kicker

Country flag
Tonbo imaging T-Rex is an advanced long range reconnaissance and observation system. It includes a very long range day optical imager and a cooled area scan thermal imager integrated with a 20km eye safe laser range finder, GPS and magnetic compass all in one compact and modular system.

It is also equipped with advanced algorithms to perform intrusion detection and can also act as a long range passive IR search and track system.

T-Rex images simultaneously in the visible and mid wave IR spectrum providing fused imagery that gives greater situational awareness and panoramic views can be generated from IR, Visible or FUSED imagery.

The system can detect threats in day, night, obscurant conditions, range to the target at an eyesafe wavelength, and calculate grid coordinates with its own GPS, Elevation, Azimuth capability.

it is deployed along western international border.

T-Rex-Border-600x338.jpg

porky_kicker

Country flag
Tonbo imaging Arjun is a small, lightweight uncooled thermal imaging sight designed and optimized for small and medium caliber weapons. It can also be used as a standalone hand held thermal imager or a helmet mounted TI sight.

It is optimally designed to work as a CLIPON TI sight with existing day 4x magnified day scopes.

it is deployed by anti naxalite forces

2016-07-12-10.53.10-600x366.jpg

Johny_Baba

अज्ञानी
Country flag
these are Made in India AK copies named Ghatak

I stand corrected brother,those are upgraded AKs,not Ghatak.

Have a look on this post by @Gessler.
http://defenceforumindia.com/forum/threads/small-arms-of-india.50038/page-38#post-1264610

Also,go through past four-five pages of this thread,there're a lot of pictures of upgraded AKs there.

Those Adjustable Buttstocks,Rails Dust Covers and Front Quad-Rail Handguards are from FAB Defense.
for more info,have a look on their website at
- for Buttstocks https://www.fab-defense.com/en/category-ak47-74-vz58-buttstocks.html
- for Rail Dust Cover and Quad-Rail Front Handguards https://www.fab-defense.com/en/category-rail-systems-and-mounting-solutions.html

You can also visit this dedicated thread on Ghatak,where Kunal Dada had posted some exotic images of it (Also,it's the thread where i posted my very first post on this forum :biggrin2:).
http://defenceforumindia.com/forum/threads/ghatak-assault-rifle-in-person-review.77639/

to put it simply,

This is not Ghatak.

This is Ghatak (Though aunty thinks it's a broomstick :crazy:)

tharun

Patriot
Country flag
If i am correct Russian SVD in US cost around 7000$, In that sense a bolt action 7.62x51mm sniper rifle with match trigger and adjustable stock along with chromed lined barrel cost around 3,800$ is cheaper, It will get more cheaper if their are more orders ..
7000$ for SVD....:shock: Damn can't we make here in India.
Why is bolt action with match trigger and chromed line barrel costs more?

OFB already makes sniper grade 7.62x51mm ammunition ..
What is the difference in ordinary and match grade? Any specific?

Doc Mozart

Country flag
How about the new OFB 7.62 with a FAB gr16? mod, redesigned rifle grip, ambidextrous charging, shorter barrel length, polymer magazine and a better muzzle break?

Johny_Baba

अज्ञानी
Country flag
Oh please,not that one.

The chaps there are writing all sort of negative stuffs about Indian Weapons since very long.That website is only good for getting some nice photos,otherwise they can stuck their opinions upto their *ahem*.Majority of their articles consist of what we call "Paid commercial advertisement".

BTW,it's your first post,isn't it ? Why don't you formally introduce yourself in the chit chat thread ?
http://defenceforumindia.com/forum/threads/chit-chat-thread.4046

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador
Best read this thread before posting, Best not to post anything related with this blog here ..

Oh please,not that one.

The chaps there are writing all sort of negative stuffs about Indian Weapons since very long.That website is only good for getting some nice photos,otherwise they can stuck their opinion upto their *ahem*.Majority of their article consists of what we call "Paid commercial advertisement".

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador
This is my personal review of the firearm, you will know everything you need to know about Ghatak AR ..

I made this review sometime in October 2016 , I am copying the contents to this thread from actual thread : http://defenceforumindia.com/forum/threads/ghatak-assault-rifle-in-person-review.77639/#post-1220915

===================>>>>>>>>>>>>

At first look & touch, The rifle is clean and compact, It was lighter compare to Bulgarian AK when holding, When loaded this may probably weight 4kgs unlike Bulgarian ones are is 4.5 kg full loaded, It was pleasure to hold this Rifle.

This Rifle is design for spray and pray much like AK & AKM which are for CQB ops, Though the Rifle retain AKM`s major parts but twist resides in its sights and working mechanism which are related to INSAS 1B1.

What makes Ghatak looks different from his brother AKM is the overall ergonomic from hand guard to pistol grip and sights specifically for Indian soldiers and the training he gets, The rifle feels is durable yet smooth, Ghatak is indeed a improvement over Bulgarian and Romanian AKs in service, However a folded butt-stock would be really handy in CQB.

I was most impressed with the fiber quality and the sights that Rifle offers compare to present AKM under service ( Bulgarian as well as Romanian ) It is unfortunate that i cannot used this rifle over firing range to know full extend of its capability and perform-ace.

Following post will contain both Images and comments on specific parts of the rifle that i find interesting most.

================
================
================
================

Hand Guard

The most appealing part of this rifle are its hand guard due to its ergonomic design, the tactical hand-guard has build in quad rail ( Mil specs ) but has much surface covers with smooth fiber, Unlike the once made of complete aluminum are uncomfortable when used in long run without using gloves, In our Army and paramilitary gloves are not an part of fighting kit, Keeping this in mind the design solves the problem.

Having quad rail, The side rails are most resourceful which are again missing from present serving AK and AKMs, for mounting flash light and essential gadgets in today's warfare such as AV/PEQ-2A or AV/PEQ-15A.

============>>

==============

Overall the hand-guard design is well designed for Indian requirement and needs of Indian solider with respect to his training ..

I found it on a reputed FB defence page. I have not seen many pics of OFB-Modified AK so couldn't get it right

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador
Pistol Grip

This grip is originally from Amogh Carbine, Unlike 1B1`s or more accurately AK47`s grip from 60s, This grip is designed keeping ergonomic in mind. The grip is angled and has slots or curves for pre positioning of fingers to place in, Its texture has tiny embedded dots all over its body for a tight and non slippery griping.

Its really ergonomic, My fingers fits really well into the curves, Despite its made of fiber the texture on it gives a rubbery feeling, The grip is so well a fit that i am sure if i pour water over it my hand wont slip out of it. This design is a major step up for soldiers who operate in marine and tropical conditions.

The only downside i find, It could have been a little larger and wider in size, But its not very short either and will work better than others in service anyways.

I found it on a reputed FB defence page. I have not seen many pics of OFB-Modified AK so couldn't get it right

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles