INSAS Rifle, LMG & Carbine

abingdonboy

Country flag
Anyone with any idea when can we expect to see this in service?
If it is up to the IA the answer is NEVER. These morons can't seem to draft ASQRs that translate into any actual deal for small arms, perhaps this is by design.

I never bought into the whole "IA brass are looking for kickbacks" theory but it is getting beyond a joke now- every SINGLE damn RFI/tender gets cancelled- sniper rifles, assualt rifles, pistols, MMG etc etc and if any Indian weapon gets close to what the IA wants the IA simply cancels the tender and re-drafts it with entirely different QRs.

The fact that these clowns are content to let their soldiers run around with WW2-era guns (9mm carbine) whilst the JVPC exists says it all- either sheer incompetence or sinister motives, either way everyone involved in the procurement wing of the IA deserves to have their commissions cancelled and to be charged with criminal negligence.

abingdonboy

Country flag
View attachment 19844

Today was some sort of ceremony to handover these products to CAPF.

Link to PIB notice: http://pib.nic.in/newsite/PrintRelease.aspx?relid=170603
JVPC looks like a very well developed product now but I have to ask what is with the steel/silver finish? Why not the standard black that it has been seen with until now? The silver is reflective and thus clearly not suitable for tactical situations, is this how it will be delivered to the user?

In an ideal world the JVPC would replace ALL 9mm carbines (Sten, Mp-5, MX4 etc) in use in India- this market alone (armed forces, CAPFs and state police) must number in the 100s of thousands.

Aghore_King

Country flag
Oh please,not that one.

The chaps there are writing all sort of negative stuffs about Indian Weapons since very long.That website is only good for getting some nice photos,otherwise they can stuck their opinions upto their *ahem*.Majority of their articles consist of what we call "Paid commercial advertisement".

BTW,it's your first post,isn't it ? Why don't you formally introduce yourself in the chit chat thread ?
http://defenceforumindia.com/forum/threads/chit-chat-thread.4046
I was searching the net for OFB anamika and these firearms blog bastards had wrote all the negative things about it....They were saying that even Pakistani MP 5 copies were better than this....How could these turds write that much negative stuff without actually firing the weapon....Don't know why so much hate towards India....

Hari Sud

Country flag
I was searching the net for OFB anamika and these firearms blog bastards had wrote all the negative things about it....They were saying that even Pakistani MP 5 copies were better than this....How could these turds write that much negative stuff without actually firing the weapon....Don't know why so much hate towards India....
These are guys paid by arms merchants.

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Mod
Country flag

So finally the carbine enters service - even if its with CRPF!

One good thing is that if handover is done officially, there won't be changes in calibre.

Since home ministry runs its own ammunition manufacturing, they don't need to depend on OFB for ammo.

Just like 762 NATO New OFB assault rifle, if I am not wrong change in caliber of JVPC from 9mm to 556 came into public domain about six months ago. This seems to indicate that OFB has changed some internal process for rapid prototyping of new product designs.

Kchontha

Country flag
One good thing is that if handover is done officially, there won't be changes in calibre.

Since home ministry runs its own ammunition manufacturing, they don't need to depend on OFB for ammo.

Just like 762 NATO New OFB assault rifle, if I am not wrong change in caliber of JVPC from 9mm to 556 came into public domain about six months ago. This seems to indicate that OFB has changed some internal process for rapid prototyping of new product designs.
Do you mean to say the change in caliber of JVPC is from 5.56×30 minsas to 9mm or vice versa?

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Mod
Country flag
Do you mean to say the change in caliber of JVPC is from 5.56×30 minsas to 9mm or vice versa?
Earlier JVPC was 9mm
Now it is 556 x 30

I am saying it won't be changed further hopefully.

Kchontha

Country flag
Looks like insas excalibur/mk1c is also handed over to the CRPF along with JVPC/MSMC. What happens to 9mm chambered Anamika?

Last edited:

SanjeevM

Country flag
At Least CRPF can use better guns in fight against Naxals. Hopefully BSF, ITBP may also get these guns, besides CISF. If these forces also start using these guns, lakhs of indigenous guns will save billions of dollars. Good job!!!

Shaitan

Zandu Balm all day
Mod
Country flag
Earlier JVPC was 9mm
Now it is 556 x 30

I am saying it won't be changed further hopefully.

I dont think it was ever 9mm. Both Amogh and MSMC were 5.56x30 from the start. We've seen a recent model with 9mm though.

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Mod
Country flag
I dont think it was ever 9mm. Both Amogh and MSMC were 5.56x30 from the start. We've seen a recent model with 9mm though.
yup, i was wrong.
somewhere somehow i assumed wrong info, and never bothered to double check it. my bad.

@Kchontha i guess you were also pointing at the same thing earlier, i couldn't catch your drift.

abingdonboy

Country flag
At Least CRPF can use better guns in fight against Naxals. Hopefully BSF, ITBP may also get these guns, besides CISF. If these forces also start using these guns, lakhs of indigenous guns will save billions of dollars. Good job!!!
Ironically enough the CAPFs, especially those involved in the anti-Naxal fight, have had modern small arms to the greatest extent possible- pistols, assualt rifles, carbines, sniper rifles etc etc.

It is the ARMY that needs the JVPC desperately considering the 9mm Sten carbine is still their standard issue carbine for all frontline roles. CAPFs largely moved over to the Mp-5, X-95 and MX4 for this role a long time ago. JVPC won't add a huge ammount to the CRPF that they didn't already have IMHO.

Will be good if the JVPC can start replacing the 9mm MP-5s, seeing the JVPC with the CISF at metros and airports will be a glorious sight!

Sights designed by IRDE for JVPC

INSAS MK1C handed over to CRPF

JVPC handed over to CRPF
Sadly, JVPC being inducted without the foreword grip which I thought made the product look that much more mature. CRPF/CAPFs clearld have a way to go before they pay attention to such details.

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Mod
Country flag
Ironically enough the CAPFs, especially those involved in the anti-Naxal fight, have had modern small arms to the greatest extent possible- pistols, assualt rifles, carbines, sniper rifles etc etc.

It is the ARMY that needs the JVPC desperately considering the 9mm Sten carbine is still their standard issue carbine for all frontline roles. CAPFs largely moved over to the Mp-5, X-95 and MX4 for this role a long time ago. JVPC won't add a huge ammount to the CRPF that they didn't already have IMHO.

Will be good if the JVPC can start replacing the 9mm MP-5s, seeing the JVPC with the CISF at metros and airports will be a glorious sight!

Sadly, JVPC being inducted without the foreword grip which I thought made the product look that much more mature. CRPF/CAPFs clearld have a way to go before they pay attention to such details.
I had posted a speech by economic advisor to finance ministry earlier, he says current Govt's approach is willingness to accept the fact that nothing is going to be 100% perfect at the start.

They'd rather have short term cyclic iterative loops with inbuilt feedback process rather planning commission's "wait until everything is ready and until then do nothing in between " approach.

Probably that is what is happening here, when IA's time comes Govt will say CRPF is already using it for some time what's your problem in accepting it?

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles