INSAS Rifle, LMG & Carbine

Brij Ray

Country flag
Does OFB has the time to develop the requested gun? Specially for Indian Army it takes years of trials before they select any indigenous weapon.

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador

Rifle review. First look at the Rifle Factory Ishapore's new 7.62 NATO assault rifle. Designed and produced in less than six months in response to a 2016 Indian Army requirement for a new 7.62x51 mm assault rifle.

===========

designed and developed in response to the Indian Army's requirement for a new 7.62 NATO AR.

===========

10 rounds with the RFI's new AR firing the powerful 7.62x51 cartridge down a 50 m firing range.

Kchontha

Country flag
IMHO Indian army will be needing both the 7.72 chambered Insas mk1c for counter insurgency operation and 5.56 chambered Excalibur MK1C for conventional warfare. All the 7.62x 39mm AKs or ak clone issue to IA, paramilitary and state police forces should also be replaced by OFB 7.62x51 mk1c rifle.

S.Balaji

Country flag
Guess it s desi...the guy uses the term mk2/MK3....which is the prevailing increment design nomenclature for any indigenous weapon system.......most western countries dont use the term mk...

Just my guess....

HarshBardhan

Casper
Wanted to ask few things. Hope any member gives the answer to my queries :

1. What happened to MCIWS cause I heard it will be inducted in few months time ? Is it renamed Advanced Automatic Rifle-AAR now ?

2. Since MCIWS is available both in 5.56x45 mm and 7.62x39 calibers which version will Indian Army use ?

3. How good is MCIWS compared to international rifles which can sport different calibers like FN SCAR ?

4. How reliable is MCIWS ?

5. Is MCIWS also chambered in 6.8mm Remington SPC ?

Apologies if this is the wrong thread to ask these questions

Johny_Baba

अज्ञानी
Country flag

History and Disassembly of the Vickers-Berthier MkIII LMG,This one is made in Ishapore.
(@Kunal Biswas dada,i don't know where to put this so i put it here but i hope you'd move this post to appropriate thread).

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador
MICWS is in user trails, Its not known which version will army use, Its difficult to say much about it as its design is different from 1B1, MCIWS can be assumed to be more reliable than M4 in service with SF ..

Yes, Its chambered for 6.8mm but not Remington, The weight and velocity may be different from international design just like OFB 5.56mm ..

Wanted to ask few things. Hope any member gives the answer to my queries :

1. What happened to MCIWS cause I heard it will be inducted in few months time ? Is it renamed Advanced Automatic Rifle-AAR now ?

2. Since MCIWS is available both in 5.56x45 mm and 7.62x39 calibers which version will Indian Army use ?

3. How good is MCIWS compared to international rifles which can sport different calibers like FN SCAR ?

4. How reliable is MCIWS ?

5. Is MCIWS also chambered in 6.8mm Remington SPC ?

Apologies if this is the wrong thread to ask these questions

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles