INSAS Rifle, LMG & Carbine

tharun

Patriot
Country flag
7.62x51 or 7.62x54r which is better cartridge in terms of range,velocity and damage

Vayuputra

Country flag
Offcourse 7.62x54. Longer shell case means more gun powder, more gun powder means more speed and more range

Zero-Sum-Game

i believe in the principle of the free market and i am highly skeptical of the monopolies that are enjoyed by the ofb folks.Since it is evident that their production leaves various features and quality desiring, they should atleast try to change with the changing times but they are the huge relics of the ancient empire which has been long rooted. i am appalled by the sheer inability to take basic decisions. for example in case of the SA 80 rifles royal arms industry brought about h&k to rectify the design and as result we have witnessed SA80 A2 which sans the flaws of its predecessor is a capable rifle and its A3 variant may service the british army till 2025.

simple efforts to collaborate with other global arms manufactures and trying to rope them in with consultancy works seems like the most obvious choice but it seldom exercised by the ofb. workplace modernization and skill modernization is the least of their worries. their sustenance is dependent upon the orders of our defence needs which by default are rigged most of the times to be awarded to them. they are complacent and are deep rooted in quagmire of mediocrity.

i am not sure why these ofb employees are resisting privatization? i read thet they planned to go on strike / dharna to protest this move. it is not the duty of our MOD to carry their burden. insas could have been even greater rifle , if they applied themselves to it and showed some ingenuity. i dont have anything against ofb folks but they are movable object in the path of the unstoppable force of change and at the very least they have to reinvent themselves to stay relevant.

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador
This LMG so does Bren is so accurate, One can do very accurate snipping in burst or semi-auto ..

Couple of rounds through eye slit of enemy bunker, Every things goes quite .. :)

800 mtr reticule for 5.56. Wonder what made them stop to convert LMG into a full fledged sniper with 7.62 mm NATO round. With a 18 or 20 inch barrel, it would have been a hell of system. But as I keep on saying, who is going to dream on.

tharun

Patriot
Country flag
This LMG so does Bren is so accurate, One can do very accurate snipping in burst or semi-auto ..

Couple of rounds through eye slit of enemy bunker, Every things goes quite .. :)
If the guns are so accurate,why can't we make them lighter and and even more accurate.
By the way when will this mud walls changes to concrete.

tharun

Patriot
Country flag
Here are some sights from OFB site...
upload_2017-7-27_11-13-50.png

upload_2017-7-27_11-14-10.png

This sight for 14.5mm
upload_2017-7-27_11-14-47.png

Latest Replies

New threads

Articles