INSAS Rifle, LMG & Carbine

su35

Country flag
Good see these indigenous development but are they used by regular infantry or just showed in exhibition

Blood+

Country flag
Is AK 47 iron sight is better than Insas
How can a rudimentary open sight,with non existent sight radius,and that too a good 10 inches away from the shooter's eye, be better than a closed sight (used on INSAS and most modern assault rifles)??!!

aliyah

if given a choice to pick any rifle from world will anyone pick insas?? ans it in neutral way no need to be extra patriotic

Blood+

Country flag
if given a choice to pick any rifle from world will anyone pick insas?? ans it in neutral way no need to be extra patriotic
After the amount of negative publicity and all those false allegations it has received over the years since its inception - let me guess................NO!!

su35

Country flag
After the amount of negative publicity and all those false allegations it has received over the years since its inception - let me guess................NO!!
Completely agree with you. Army has always favored imported Equipment over local made

blueblood

It was under development then, coming from a concept to actualization. It's prototype testing now.
Its a shame because an assault rifle is a very basic tech and this saga is nowhere close to an end.

DRDO could have done two things right.

1) It could have made it in time to have it participated in the comparative trials.

2) If the army was in anyway delaying the user trials, it should have invited neutral parties for validation of the product.

Sadly, DRDO is not the one to learn from its mistakes. MSMC is another such example which yet to enter production.

These are not some high tech, state of the art weapon systems. So while I completely understand the delays in the development of Nirbhay or the ABM system, delays in a two bit assault rifle production is appalling to say the least and some heads should roll.

The go to excuse is always "its the army". CAPFs have nearly twice the number of infantry battalions and they work under a different ministry. There goes the bull shit argument of "difficult customer"

Its about time DRDO focus on what's important and stop wasting tax payers money on mosquito repellents and bio toilets and assault rifles that don't work.

Shaitan

Zandu Balm all day
Country flag
Its a shame because an assault rifle is a very basic tech and this saga is nowhere close to an end.

DRDO could have done two things right.

1) It could have made it in time to have it participated in the comparative trials.

2) If the army was in anyway delaying the user trials, it should have invited neutral parties for validation of the product.

Sadly, DRDO is not the one to learn from its mistakes. MSMC is another such example which yet to enter production.

These are not some high tech, state of the art weapon systems. So while I completely understand the delays in the development of Nirbhay or the ABM system, delays in a two bit assault rifle production is appalling to say the least and some heads should roll.

The go to excuse is always "its the army". CAPFs have nearly twice the number of infantry battalions and they work under a different ministry. There goes the bull shit argument of "difficult customer"

Its about time DRDO focus on what's important and stop wasting tax payers money on mosquito repellents and bio toilets and assault rifles that don't work.

In the case of MSMC, if I remember correctly, it was rejected over and over by the user. It was actually claimed to have finished trials recently, but doesnt have any orders at hand. Recently I've heard it is back trialing.

blueblood

In the case of MSMC, if I remember correctly, it was rejected over and over by the user. It was actually claimed to have finished trials recently, but doesnt have any orders at hand. Recently I've heard it is back trialing.
If that's the case then find some new users.

Because either the user is right and only defence tech developer in this huge country is mega nay peta incompetent or the developer is massively stupid to find a new user.

They could have distributed a couple of hundred of these to local police forces and tapped a million strong market. As I said, peta-incompetent or massively stupid, only two choices.

Shaitan

Zandu Balm all day
Country flag
If that's the case then find some new users.

Because either the user is right and only defence tech developer in this huge country is mega nay peta incompetent or the developer is massively stupid to find a new user.

They could have distributed a couple of hundred of these to local police forces and tapped a million strong market. As I said, peta-incompetent or massively stupid, only two choices.

They probably will find limited use with. OFB have produced a number of excalibers, MINSAS, etc. for users like the coast guard. MINSAS for example was down right rejected by the army. MSMC was trialed, re-trialed, over and over again by the user. We have no idea why when MSMC was done with user trials, it got no orders. Or why there are news of it going back into trials.

Articles