INSAS Rifle, LMG & Carbine

Raj Malhotra

Country flag
Is the insas better or worse than M4/16 series rifles imported for Special forces in India?
Is the problem with ammo? Will it be solved by buying ten times costly imported rifles?

Kchontha

Country flag
INSAS had its initial problems like all the guns had experienced (even the tavor had its initial problems when it was in the hands of our sfs). Now it is things of the past, it is performing exceptionally in the harsh indian conditions (Rajasthan desert to NE) especially the 1B1. No complain from the field except the presstitutes etc.

Sent from my Redmi Note 4 using Tapatalk

binayak95

Country flag
INSAS had its initial problems like all the guns had experienced (even the tavor had its initial problems when it was in the hands of our sfs). Now it is things of the past, it is performing exceptionally in the harsh indian conditions (Rajasthan desert to NE) especially the 1B1. No complain from the field except the presstitutes etc.

Han bc, you have served in both RR and AR... I bow to your superior field experience.

aditya10r

Mera Bharat mahan
Country flag

My cousin is in NDA and the only he has complained about is INSAS.

aditya10r

Mera Bharat mahan
Country flag
Kudos to your bizziness! Don't do other bizziness than memes, you're simply superb......

So do you want to buy memes

?????????????????????????????

Kchontha

Country flag
You are right JVPC is designed specially for cqc carbine role but it is chambered in a different round called 5.56x30 mm minsas.

Raj Malhotra

Country flag
You are welcome to provide data from personal experience.

I had lot of posts as how military is favouring imports. But you have not been able to deal any issue on facts.

Plastic or composite receivers have repeatedly failed, even in famous German rifle G36

Raj Malhotra

Country flag
Are you claiming to be Army officer who had training in Military academy?

Do you know all bullets go boom inside firing chamber of rifle?

Kalyani has Zero howitzer orders

binayak95

Country flag
Are you claiming to be Army officer who had training in Military academy?

Do you know all bullets go boom inside firing chamber of rifle?

Kalyani has Zero howitzer orders
Not claiming. I am from the INA. Academy number 2737/D/94. Dig me up

Raj Malhotra

Country flag
OFB is also extra ordinary incompetent
They have been unable to produce Ghatak rifle in any reasonable numbers
In spite of production capacity line unutilized their target to produce Ghatak rifle is only 5000 per annum this year
It may take many years before it can reach 30000 per annum which is the minimum required numbers

Flame Thrower

OFB is also extra ordinary incompetent
They have been unable to produce Ghatak rifle in any reasonable numbers
In spite of production capacity line unutilized their target to produce Ghatak rifle is only 5000 per annum this year
It may take many years before it can reach 30000 per annum which is the minimum required numbers
What order they had!? If you can get the annual production, you can also get the order right!!??

I am not defending OFB, but when I spoke to OFB folks(during Def expo 2018) about orders on Ghatak and TAR, they said no orders were placed on both guns.

One of them said, Army was even reluctant to do the testing to replace their AK and clones.

Soon they had to develop 7.62*51 for army.

I am surprised that they're producing Ghataks.

Flame Thrower

Home Ministry placed order for 30,000 Ghatak 5 years back.
Maybe by defexpo they've completed the order.

Maybe they were expecting over a 100k for army alone and they switched to 7.62*51.

But yes, ofb folks were upset with no orders on Ghatak or TAR.

Chinmoy

Country flag
Maybe by defexpo they've completed the order.

Maybe they were expecting over a 100k for army alone and they switched to 7.62*51.

But yes, ofb folks were upset with no orders on Ghatak or TAR.
30k Ghataks is a small order and already all the police forces in NE is using it along with Forest Guards of KNP. Along with them SSB and ITBP too got their share. 30k numbers are already exhausted by now I believe.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles