INSAS Indian Small Arms System

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Fox

at least they can show them that they have those by designing one prototype...................

EzioAltaïr

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador
Stopping power and penetrating abilities are different things..

9mm have better stopping power while smaller caliber yet powerful bullets like 5.7 or 5.56mm have penetration capability..

--------------------------------------------------------------

Gelatin test, Where Gelatin would show how bullet react when enter human flesh and tissue..

9x19mm Luger Remington 147gr

When Such heavy and slow round enter it suddenly face dense environment and due to diameter of bullet it slows down very quickly the kinetic energy is transferred into potential energy inside ones flesh and tissue creating large wound, In simple when hit, Its fell like you got hit by car..

5.7x28mm FN SS-197

When such fast and small round enter it goes through fast and tremble inside once flesh and muscles creating internal bleeding and wound, But in process it losses certain energy coz of dense environment of human tissues.

Last edited by a moderator:

EzioAltaïr

Stopping power and penetrating abilities are different things..

9mm have better stopping power while smaller caliber yet powerful bullets like 4.7 or 5.56mm have penetration capability..
Oh yeah, I forgot they were 2 different things, my bad. XD

But shouldn't the 2 be related? Stopping power is the ability to incapacitate a target where he stands, and deeper penetration will make that more likely won't it?

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador
But shouldn't the 2 be related? Stopping power is the ability to incapacitate a target where he stands, and deeper penetration will make that more likely won't it?
Both work differently :

Slow and Heavy round such as 9mm, .45 and others, When hit it create Shock-wave which call Hydrostatic shock which produce remote wounding and incapacitating effects in living targets through a hydraulic effect in their liquid-filled tissues, in addition to local effects in tissue caused by direct impact.There is scientific evidence that hydrostatic shock can produce remote neural damage and produce incapacitation more quickly than blood loss effects. Human autopsy results have demonstrated brain hemorrhaging from fatal hits to the chest, But almost useless against Armored targets

Fast and Small Rounds such as 5.7, 4.7 & 5.56mm and others, When hit it is prone to yaw in soft tissue. It tumbles down and if Fragmentation occurs,it imparts much greater damage to human tissue resulting in huge blood loss, Very effective against Armored targets.

EzioAltaïr

Both work differently :

Slow and Heavy round such as 9mm, .45 and others, When hit it create Shock-wave which call Hydrostatic shock which produce remote wounding and incapacitating effects in living targets through a hydraulic effect in their liquid-filled tissues, in addition to local effects in tissue caused by direct impact.There is scientific evidence that hydrostatic shock can produce remote neural damage and produce incapacitation more quickly than blood loss effects. Human autopsy results have demonstrated brain hemorrhaging from fatal hits to the chest, But almost useless against Armored targets

Fast and Small Rounds such as 5.7, 4.7 & 5.56mm and others, When hit it is prone to yaw in soft tissue. It tumbles down and if Fragmentation occurs,it imparts much greater damage to human tissue resulting in huge blood loss, Very effective against Armored targets.
So.... the slow ones will stop or kill the guy on the spot, while a fast one will give him a slow and painful death?

pmaitra

Re: F-INSAS Futuristic Infantry Soldier As a System

No one fires AK on auto at more than 100m....
The Soviet Army in Afghanistan almost always had their AK-74s in full-auto and they would use the 'Rule of 22' when appropriate.
Single shot AK at 300 m is as accurate as INSAS.
AK-what? Just don't say AK, because it makes no sense. AK-47? AKM? AK-74? You might be correct about AK-74, but I don't think that's relevant in this context. If it is not AK-74, you are wrong.

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador

@ Shaitan
1. Magpul butt with cheek cheek riser

----------------------------------------------

2. P-rail

One have to remove the OFB rail for that or put P-RAIL over OFB rail..

3. ACOG scope

ACOG scope..

EzioAltaïr

1. Magpul butt with cheek cheek riser

2. P-rail

One have to remove the OFB rail for that or put P-RAIL over OFB rail..

3. ACOG scope

ACOG scope..
Why does OFB make it with OFB rail instead of P-rail? Are the Indian scopes not compatible with P-rail?

More importantly, why did the army deny the Excalibur which had P-rail in it? Wouldn't it have given more tactical flexibility?

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador
When i visited Defexpo i asked the same question to OFB official there...

He told me like this :

1. The Rifle is deigned as Per Indian Army Issued GSQR, Nothing less, Nothing more..

2. Excalibur is purely deigned by OFB not Indian Army, It have P-rail but over Ofb-rail ( Marketing sense ) Excalibur was issued to some Elite units like GR & RR and SF, SF is now changed that with TAR-21, But cannot say that Excalibur still in use, Never saw..

----------------------------

Indian Scopes are not as par as foreign scopes..

Indian Scopes can only mount on OFB rail Also No other Scopes can be mounted on OFB rail..

sayareakd

Mod
Country flag
Why does OFB make it with OFB rail instead of P-rail? Are the Indian scopes not compatible with P-rail?

More importantly, why did the army deny the Excalibur which had P-rail in it? Wouldn't it have given more tactical flexibility?
When i visited Defexpo i asked the same question to OFB official there...

He told me like this :

1. The Rifle is deigned as Per Indian Army Issued GSQR, Nothing less, Nothing more..

2. Excalibur is purely deigned by OFB not Indian Army, It have P-rail but over Ofb-rail ( Marketing sense ) Excalibur was issued to some Elite units like GR & RR and SF, SF is now changed that with TAR-21, But cannot say that Excalibur still in use, Never saw..

----------------------------

Indian Scopes are not as par as foreign scopes..

Indian Scopes can only mount on OFB rail Also No other Scopes can be mounted on OFB rail..
just add to what Kunal sir has said, since i too asked specific question, Excalibur is full auto, it is against the GSQR which says only 3 bust shoot and single shot. Excalibur was made for police and para military, it is not for army.

As far as P Rail is concern that is NATO standard, OFB follow its own standard. On asked about this OFB guys said, we can give P rail if asked by forces but they have not asked us so far. BTW some guys are working on putting P rail on INSAS that i can confirm.

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador
There is big difference between the people issue GSQR and the need what people have over battlefield..

sayareakd

Mod
Country flag
for CT yeah love to fire Ak, but then most of force is armed INSAS, i must say that IA, has employed both rifles smartly in CT, within their limitations. I know CT guys hate INSAS. But you have to understand we have limited resourses and alternate usages. So we have to work around things we have.

The Fox

ooh well u are the expert u use them as a part of ur job am i correct ....... just the way a car mechanic repair guy knows his spanner wrench perhaps u are correct

One more Question did u tried firing or use the Trichy Assault Rifle if Yes how is it or do u have any one's feedback on it

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

Articles