INSAS Indian Small Arms System

Status
Not open for further replies.

sayareakd

Country flag
Today at Allahabad Junction(rly station), I saw a dense dog squad in which most of the jawans were carrying their Insas(some were old) and out of them, one was carrying a very neat and clean rifle as if its just coming from the factory(not Insas). Fixed butt which looked somewhat like this.

its an AK 47

I just want to confirm was it an AK-47 or a rifle of 'Insas Family'.

Note:- The one which I saw just looked like it. Dont know whether it was exactly AKM because I have no idea about black AK 47 manufactured at OFB.
about this black AK 47, i found out one interesting thing, it has AK Side Rail Mount

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

it is todays pic.

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
There are regular state police not armed police who are armed with automatic weaponry, Insas is deign to penetrate but have less stopping power, Most regular police Use AKM/Insas/FAL and 9mm carbine, Gujarat & Nagland so does Delhi Regular Police use Insas in very good quantity though..

sayareakd

Country flag
ahem ahem....by any chance did youhaappen to take her number.....i would like to contact her for ..ahem ahem.... for a expo :D
man never flirt, woman with gun.......................................................specially one who has rifle in her hands and holographic sight.

Last edited:

Folk hero

They should only carry "dandas" so that "Gundas" feel safe with their "kattas". If you arm "thullas" with INSAS, the gundas will have better weapons than them. The society will stand more weaponised and criminalised.

That would be a bad policy.
like in US :rofl::rofl:

Yatharth Singh

Knowledge is power.
Country flag
And Insas is definitely not a police weapon. Reasons are quite obvious, see its length. Even an Insas with its butt folded is very long compared to an AKM with a stock folded. No matter it how is it used, in a 3-round burst or single shot but a dedicated assault rifle cant be handed over to a policemen on a regular job.
Because a policemen dont need to shoot all the time and that too with lethal power. Using a weapon by a policemen is always a last option. Mostly weapons are just to ensure the safekeeping of public and so that a criminal fears to do something wrong after looking at an armed cop. In that case, the maintenance of those Assault Rifle is definitely a complete waste of money and labor.

The same thing is different in special cases when the situation is very tight and the Law Enforcement has to be done forcefully the also an AKM would be preferred over Insas. The reason I have stated in my earlier posts and the secret of AKM`s huge success around the globe.

For those tough jobs, regular police has no place. The situation is handed over to RAF, PSC or any other state police branch which are rightful to use Insas and other equipments because they are well trained in that but not the regular local policemen.

See who prefers Insas. Even they not use it so there is no question of giving it to regular police. If someone has to be armed with Insas first then it would be they not regular police.

Last edited:

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
And Insas is definitely not a police weapon. Reasons are quite obvious, see its length. Even an Insas with its butt folded is very long compared to an AKM with a stock folded. No matter it how is it used, in a 3-round burst or single shot but a dedicated assault rifle cant be handed over to a policemen on a regular job.
Insas length is not very long compare to AKM both are more or less same size folded or fixed butt..
In my view, Police should be using 9mm carbine and AKM, Phasing out 303 completely..

Because a policemen dont need to shoot all the time and that too with lethal power. Using a weapon by a policemen is always a last option. Mostly weapons are just to ensure the safekeeping of public and so that a criminal fears to do something wrong after looking at an armed cop. In that case, the maintenance of those Assault Rifle is definitely a complete waste of money and labor.
Now days we have a great thread form Tangos in our population, Domestic and foreign, therefore a Automatic weaponry is must..

The same thing is different in special cases when the situation is very tight and the Law Enforcement has to be done forcefully the also an AKM would be preferred over Insas. The reason I have stated in my earlier posts and the secret of AKM`s huge success around the globe.

For those tough jobs, regular police has no place. The situation is handed over to RAF, PSC or any other state police branch which are rightful to use Insas and other equipments because they are well trained in that but not the regular local policemen.
AKM is good for many reason mainly coz it need very less maintenance, Its range is also limited..
There is no time when an attack take place, Regular Police should able to contain the situation until the Army or paramilitary or Armed police..

See who prefers Insas. Even they not use it so there is no question of giving it to regular police. If someone has to be armed with Insas first then it would be they not regular police

The blue camo guys are Rapid action force for riot control..

Yatharth Singh

Knowledge is power.
Country flag
In my view, Police should be using 9mm carbine and AKM, Phasing out 303 completely..

Now days we have a great thread form Tangos in our population, Domestic and foreign, therefore a Automatic weaponry is must..
Without any question.
This pic must be of some very tense situation because on normal days there is no need for a cop to be armed heavily like this.
This is again a pic from the valley(J&K) if i`m not wrong or a location of any Islamic ritual(maybe Namaz).

The blue camo guys are Rapid action force for riot control..
Yes and they must be there because riot-control is not the thing for local police as the local people know them very well and they can be threatened.

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Without any question.
This pic must be of some very tense situation because on normal days there is no need for a cop to be armed heavily like this.

This is again a pic from the valley(J&K) if i`m not wrong or a location of any Islamic ritual(maybe Namaz).

Yes and they must be there because riot-control is not the thing for local police as the local people know them very well and they can be threatened.
@YS,
As i see 9mm if shot can do deadly damage in close ranges but Indian 9mm carbine have very bad reputation if not cleaned, It does not just malfunction but explode, I cant say the same about Insas and AKM is no worry thing, Keeping in mind all these arming our men with AKM and Insas is not bad, further now days tangos are random, And they are every where, Delhi Police use Insas and AKM so does Gujarat polices and Punjab police is mass user of Automatic weaponry..

SPIEZ

Country flag
Was Officers Training Academy a few days back. I saw a guard with a really sexy black INSAS. Wanted to ask him for a snap, but figured he would would refuse.

Yatharth Singh

Knowledge is power.
Country flag
@YS,
As i see 9mm if shot can do deadly damage in close ranges but Indian 9mm carbine have very bad reputation if not cleaned, It does not just malfunction but explode, I cant say the same about Insas and AKM is no worry thing, Keeping in mind all these arming our men with AKM and Insas is not bad, further now days tangos are random, And they are every where, Delhi Police use Insas and AKM so does Gujarat polices and Punjab police is mass user of Automatic weaponry..
Really do they explode? I must know more about it.

And I dont want to contradict but still the state police forces you have mentioned belong to one of the most developed states of India and are highly professional because the State Gov. spent money on them. But can you say the same thing about UP police? I live here and unfortunately I have to read those news in the newspaper which states that most of the police officers failed in weapon test at the shooting range.

Leave out the integration of parts, some of them were even not able to aim and shoot .303 properly. This is the real face deep inside the system. And that was the reason why I mentioned earlier that armed cops are mostly just to threaten any criminal. Now you answer me which is more important and rightful, to arm them with Insas or to lay more more emphasis on their weapon training.

Weapons dont decide the fate of any assault, it is the determination and skills which matter. During 26/11, if you have watched that CCTV recording at VT Station that how the two constables(armed with .303 and only with 3-4 rounds) take over the terrorists(armed with AK-47, no doubt). The terrorists were not daring to move forward until they knew that the constable is still holding the position with his .303. It was only when the constables fled due to shortage of rounds, the terrorists moved forward. I just want to conclude that arm them with anything you want to but just make sure that they know how to use what they have got. Thats it.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Articles