INSAS Indian Small Arms System

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Really do they explode? I must know more about it.

And I dont want to contradict but still the state police forces you have mentioned belong to one of the most developed states of India and are highly professional because the State Gov. spent money on them. But can you say the same thing about UP police? I live here and unfortunately I have to read those news in the newspaper which states that most of the police officers failed in weapon test at the shooting range.

Now you answer me which is more important and rightful, to arm them with Insas or to lay more more emphasis on their weapon training.

Weapons dont decide the fate of any assault, it is the determination and skills which matter. During 26/11, if you have watched that CCTV recording at VT Station that how the two constables(armed with .303 and only with 3-4 rounds) take over the terrorists(armed with AK-47, no doubt). the terrorists moved forward. I just want to conclude that arm them with anything you want to but just make sure that they know how to use what they have got. Thats it.

9mm carbine in Army have serious problems with its reliability compare to other firearms, Specially in those branches where its usage is very less, For example AMC the weaponry malfunction alot, In Infantry its a differnt case as the wepion is used regularly hence mantined regularly, Now Police does carry these but its maintained like in Army Inf, I doubt abt it..

There is a huge problem in UP specially the local mafia, As far as i know, Local mafia there use bolt action to automatic rifles and there are active terror hubs

Crime in India - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
According to a joint report published by Oxfam, Amnesty International and the International Action Network on Small Arms (IANSA) in 2006, there are around 40 million illegal small arms in India out of approximately 75 million in worldwide circulation.[30] Majority of the illegal small arms make its way into the states of Bihar, Chhattisgarh, Uttar Pradesh, Jharkhand, Orissa and Madhya Pradesh.[30] In India, a used AK-47 costs $3,800 in black market.[31] Large amount of illegal small arms are manufactured in various illegal arms factories in Uttar Pradesh and Bihar and sold on the black market for as little as $5.08.[30]
Harkat-ul-Jihad-al-Islami (HuJI)
Available evidence indicates that the HuJI has a strong network in western Uttar Pradesh. The HuJI modules active in Uttar Pradesh are reportedly being monitored from Bangladesh and coordination among the units is allegedly being done by Bilal, the suspected mastermind behind the May 18, 2007 blast at the Mecca mosque in Hyderabad, capital of Andhra Pradesh in southern India, in which 11 persons died. The serial bomb blasts of November 23, 2007 in court premises at Varanasi, Faizabad and Lucknow in which 15 persons died were orchestrated by the HuJI
Terrorism related incidents in Uttar Pradesh since 2001:
Terrorism related incidents in Uttar Pradesh since 2001 -- India Datasheets - South Asia Terrorism Portal

The problem is maintenance of Rifle, Short of Ammo, Lack of discipline so does the training, But i am sure in fire fight, AKM or Insas even without training can be deadly as they spray bullets, In trained hands its more deadly weaponry, But because they don't have proper training doesn't mean to stop the flow of Automatic weaponry, considering the thread above..

I have seen that vid, And i saw low rate of fire, Heavy ammo with low amount, He was not aiming either, a AKM or Insas could have done better result, A single Man armed with Insas carry nearly 90rnds..

ALBY

Section Moderator
Country flag
The 4th model (from top) seems to have the best finish and furniture quality of all the models of INSAS.
Its amogh carbine and it was rejected by army after failing in the tests.

balai_c

Can someone tell me what the army test parameters were(in laymans language as far as you can)?

ALBY

Section Moderator
Country flag
INSAS LMG with scope here goes another Pakistani

Kunal sir from your photobucket account.
why the hell the hand guards of the lmg is so crappy making it difficult to fire from hip whie moving?

sayareakd

Country flag
why the hell the hand guards of the lmg is so crappy making it difficult to fire from hip whie moving?
may be it is meant to fire while lying down while using its stand, better idea should be to remove the hand guard and put a quad rail

with Grip pod

that will allow it to all the things you said plus will also help in putting additional things on P rail.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Articles