INSAS Indian Small Arms System

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bhadra

Country flag
Why do not OFV and PSU export these top class maal to other countries except Bangladesh and Nepal. Why are they after IA?

Ray

The Chairman

this is a picture of a brand new OFB made INSAS 5.56mm

this is the pic of an AK based guns

you tell me quality of product .
What exactly is wrong?

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011

this is a picture of a brand new OFB made INSAS 5.56mm

you tell me quality of product .
Insas share AKM parts, Hence its more easy to maintain it compare to other rifles like M-14/M4/G-36 etc..

Quality is ok, And its running good in sub zero temp to scorching Heat over desert so does Heavy monson and jungle enviorment..

mr chingari:lol: with his ak

Correcting its a Chinese TYPE rifle not deigned by Kalashnikov but a copy of Kalashnikov..

This is not a INSAS rifle, Don`t post such crap, you post will be reported next time..

What quality you are talking about ?

Or What Video game you play..

Last edited:

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011

mr chingari:lol: with his ak

Correcting its a Chinese TYPE rifle not deigned by Kalashnikov but a copy of Kalashnikov..

This is not a INSAS rifle, Don`t post such crap, you post will be reported next time..

lemontree

The picture posted by Masada appears to be that of an INSAS rifle, the quality of the picture and the specimen is poor.

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
The picture posted by Masada appears to be that of an INSAS rifle, the quality of the picture and the specimen is poor.
Yes, Its one of the first INSAS made in OFB, It was posted first in India for gun fourm than its distributed other places, Some learned and some have a good topic of bashing INSAS..

Singh

Phat Cat
Country flag
insas like many rifles is based on ak47s..

Yatharth Singh

Knowledge is power.
Country flag
insas like many rifles is based on ak47s..
Well I think this is a pretty much known fact.

And no matter who says what but Insas is and will be a good AR for coming years. It rides its height due to its performance(current), reliability(some say its poor even now, I dont think so) ,maintenance and ABOVE ALL -Its COST.

spikey360

Crusader
Country flag
1 million soldiers use it because the rifle was FORCED upon the armed forces by the DRDO, OFB and the politicians looking to save the jobs of their friends in those organizations.

The Army wanted the Steyr Aug/ HK g 41, NOT the Insas.

Why is it important to have good conventional arms (rifles tanks planes ships) when you have atomic neighbors?

Ill tell you why:

If we cant hold a enemy invasion by strength of arms we have 3 choices:

Surrender and lose territory OR go nuclear which means mass casualties after retaliatory strikes.

Or we can just hope America will save us.
OFB and DRDO should be ashamed. Our troops deserve better than the 2nd and 3rd rate junk thar is forced upon them over and over again.

I wont stop calling it junk just to make other people feel better. The troops deserve the best kit, nothing less.
Umm.... I can't even take you on. You're so novice. Go home kid. Do your HW and come back, then we'll talk.

Yatharth Singh

Knowledge is power.
Country flag
1 million soldiers use it because the rifle was FORCED upon the armed forces by the DRDO, OFB and the politicians looking to save the jobs of their friends in those organizations.
The Army wanted the Steyr Aug/ HK g 41, NOT the Insas.
You want them to bear HK G41 rather than Insas. This itself shows how intelligent you are.

I doubt its accuracy in comparison to Insas. Also this type of rifle,as far as I know, are definitely not suitable in mountain or desert terrain and will surely have reliability problems far greater than Insas. See pal, initial priority of a rifle manufacturer is to satisfy the needs for its particular armed forces. I `m sure H&K doesnt have made this rifle considering Indian Army requirements.

Why is it important to have good conventional arms (rifles tanks planes ships) when you have atomic neighbors?

Ill tell you why:

If we cant hold a enemy invasion by strength of arms we have 3 choices:

Surrender and lose territory OR go nuclear which means mass casualties after retaliatory strikes.

Or we can just hope America will save us.
Fairy tales.

OFB and DRDO should be ashamed. Our troops deserve better than the 2nd and 3rd rate junk thar is forced upon them over and over again.
Ok and who should feel proud? Wait a minute, Isnt it YOU?

Acc. to you they should be ashamed now pardon but who the hell are you to say this. QUOTE YOUR ACHIEVEMENTS FOR INDIA OR ITS ARMED FORCES BEFORE YOU SPEAK LIKE THAT. I GUESS PEOPLE OUT THERE AT DRDO HAVE FAR BETTER BRAINS THEN YOURS. You are definitely a novice(Even worse than me. :D ). We still have faith over them and it would be they who tries their best not you.

I wont stop calling it junk just to make other people feel better.
Who cares!!

Last edited:

Yatharth Singh

Knowledge is power.
Country flag
HK G41 in Action

[video=youtube_share;3PfWjclBA5I]http://youtu.be/3PfWjclBA5I[/video]

Here rate of fire is far better than Insas but the point is of all-terrain usage, range and reliability for which I would prefer Insas.

Last edited:

Masada

Country flag
HK G41 in Action

[video=youtube_share;3PfWjclBA5I]http://youtu.be/3PfWjclBA5I[/video]

Here rate of fire is far better than Insas but the point is of all-terrain usage, range and reliability for which I would prefer Insas.
:rolleyes:
INSAS is a semi auto ,rate of fire of of this German rifle would be higher .
reliability,range - Heckler & Koch would be the 1st choice not INSAS . :lol:

Yatharth Singh

Knowledge is power.
Country flag
:rolleyes:
INSAS is a semi auto ,rate of fire of of this German rifle would be higher .
reliability,range - Heckler & Koch would be the 1st choice not INSAS .
How much genius stuff you are is reflected by your post. Do you even know the criteria over which rate of fire per minute is calculated and compared?

Just compare the numbers built of both the rifles. G41 was always a choice as a special force weapon for every foreign customer(though none of the deals could be made :p ). If you want to compare the reliability then compare both of them with AK series assault rifles. You`ll find the difference.

G-41 was rejected at many places due to high costs. Indeed it was a very good rifle with many features. Now have a look upon AK-47. Its features and success.
Over 0.30 million Insas are in service currently(maybe more). I have seen the most roughly used Insas perfectly firing its rounds. You see kid, Insas has been improved regularly over 10 years. God helps your Insas phobia. :D

Yatharth Singh

Knowledge is power.
Country flag
1: insas has better accuracy than AK47 as it has longer barrel than AK47's ,does it has better accuracy than a M4 which has a smaller barrel ? ans is no.
Length of the barrel is directly proportional to accuracy. In every case may it be rifle, tank barrel, artillery barrel or anything else.

2: a semi auto rifle with 20 round mag off course less chance of getting over heating & stoppage .
Thread INSAS vs AK47 vs M16? | World Affairs Board - Discussion forum for political, military, economicand social topics. | BoardReader
You and your sources. :D The problem was resolved long ago.

lemontree

1: insas has better accuracy than AK47 as it has longer barrel than AK47's ,does it has better accuracy than a M4 which has a smaller barrel ? ans is no.
The length of the barrel does not govern accuracy as much as the sight radius. The sight radius is the distance between the fore-sight and rear-sight. The bigger the sight radius the more accurate the rifle. The AK is not as accurate as the INSAS or M4 due to the small sight radius and open V sights.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Articles