INSAS Indian Small Arms System

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
No, he is just focusing saw him in his desk he looks serious..

Killswitch

Country flag
I think F INSAS is a joke. The DRDO is trying to make our troops more wired than American troops are right now.

To me this is like a child on training wheels telling me they are going to win the Tour de France next year.

Why not provide the BASICS first?

A decent assault rifle with UBGL and optics (insas is a overpriced piece of junk)

Night vision

Kevlar Helmets

A properly made modular BPJ

A standard Camo scheme for all equipment/ uniforms

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
A decent assault rifle with UBGL and optics (insas is a overpriced piece of junk)
That`s a bold statement..
You can only know about its reliability and performance when you fire it, sleep with it, Run in mud with it and again fire..

All infantry Units in IA use Insas, I don't see regular jamming or gun exploding, It reliable and highly precious on targets beyond 200m..

pmaitra

I don't recall you introducing yourself at the introduction thread.

What made you conclude that INSAS is a piece of junk?

Killswitch

Country flag
Small arms in India are a complete mess.

Heres my dream:

Standard assault rifle/carbine

Tavor with UBGL (5.56 40mm grenades)

Standard lmg:

negev (5.56)

GPMG:

FN Mag (7.62)

HMG:Browning (.50 cal)

Standard sniper rifle:

Galil (7.62)

Anti- material:

Hungarian Gepard (.50 cal)

The Insas rifles, lmg, FN Fal, Bren lmg, sten lmg, and AKs, Dragunovs, and PKMS are JUNK and need to be decommissioned (maybe give insas to police)

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Small arms in India are a complete mess.

Standard lmg:
negev (5.56)

GPMG:
FN Mag (7.62)

Standard sniper rifle:
Galil (7.62)

The Insas rifles, lmg, FN Fal, Bren lmg, AKs, and PKMS are JUNK and need to be decommissioned (maybe give insas to police)

Well one need to see how practical your dream is, Also one need to understand what is mess:

LMG:
Should have both belt feed also MAG feed, LMG are preffered with MAG feed, IMI use Nagav also with MAG, It is lighter and help firing when Charging, The LMG should have common parts with Rifle & GPMG

GPMG:
You Dont know that PKM barrel is thicker which helps it to cool fast also PKM is lighter than FN-MAG, So does its more easier to maintain than FN-MAG, The GPMG should have common parts with Rife & LMG.

Standard Sniper Rifle:
FN-FAL can be modified for the purpose, The Sinper Rifle too have common parts with assault rifle and LMG so with GPMG..

Insas Rifle & AKM will be replaced by FINSAS rifle, PKM is good, Bren is good enough untill they are replaced by something what i mentioned, I think Police should be given AKM not Insas, Police are used in Urban, the range they use is not more than 50m..

To remove the Mess, All firearm should have a base platform, All fire arm should share common parts with other fire arm in service..

Last edited:

sayareakd

Country flag
at this rate we have rifle that work in all the extreme environment faced by IA

hitesh

yes it use more rivets than 1947 AK thats make it cheep but not cheaper than Ex soviet block manufacturing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Articles