INSAS Indian Small Arms System

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tshering22

Sikkimese Saber
Country flag
You know what I think, Kunal? I think INSAS should be retained ONLY for the police-- as a 100% replacement for .303s. Each and every 303 carrying havaldar should now start carrying the INSAS with them. And let that Trichy assault rifle replace all the INSAS rifles in the 3 armed branches. This way both will retain their markets, costs per unit will come down AND we will have a decently armed police who can defend itself.

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
I think INSAS should be retained ONLY for the police-- as a 100% replacement for .303s. Each and every 303 carrying havaldar should now start carrying the INSAS with them. And let that Trichy assault rifle replace all the INSAS rifles in the 3 armed branches. This way both will retain their markets, costs per unit will come down AND we will have a decently armed police who can defend itself.
I agree, regarding that..

Btw, I liked Trichy assault rifle and it may replace all AKs and FALS and Insas..

But i still have hope for INSAS mk-2..

pmaitra

Some pictures of the INSAS Assault Rifle and LMG

Some pictures of the INSAS Assault Rifle and LMG:

INSAS Assault Rifle

INSAS Assault Rifle

INSAS LMG

INSAS_AR_01.jpg INSAS_AR_02.jpg INSAS_LMG.jpg

hitesh

Why army lost its intrest in Bulpup design ,they could have refined its design later on ,now most of the countries using Bulpup layout (British ,Chinies,israel,france,australia )

ALBY

Section Moderator
Country flag
Making a successful bullup is not at all a cakewalk.Bullup is ten times complicated as compared to a conventional rifles.Take the case of PLA, they are now switching to QBZ03 coz QBZ95s are having lot of complications.Same is the case of L85 it also a dumb gun with lot of malfunction and is not userfriendly at all.

Tshering22

Sikkimese Saber
Country flag
I agree, regarding that..

Btw, I liked Trichy assault rifle and it may replace all AKs and FALS and Insas..

But i still have hope for INSAS mk-2..
Then you'd have to consider that INSAS-2 needs to actually move a notch upwards by:

- make the 30 round clip standard issue.
- use a multi-mode firing mechanism rather than single and three-shot burst.
- further modify the barrel and nozzle to give it a more futuristic appearance.
- do something about that stupid orange/brown painting scheme.
- completely eliminate any use of wood or metal in the rifle manufacturing and replace them with composite material and fiber plastics.

This means that in short, INSAS needs life in it once again.

ALBY

Section Moderator
Country flag

My diagram explain whats most want to be Insas for 2011-2025 timeline..

I dont think i asked any thing out of ordinary..
What happened to the excaliber and kalanthak rifles?are they discarded?what were the problems related with them? What are the main difference btw these rifles in performance and design quality?

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
What happened to the excaliber and kalanthak rifles?are they discarded?what were the problems related with them? What are the main difference btw these rifles in performance and design quality?

Excaliber: Good Fiber, Better stability hence increase the chance of accuracy, 30rnd Magazine..
Kalakntak: Meant for close combat, Shorter than AK, Firing 5.56x45mm..

Kalantak had problems in over heating and accuracy, But present models may be rectified, No reports though..

Dovah

Untermensch
Country flag
Is Kalalntak to costly for police or paramilitary?

And what does Kalalntak mean?

SPIEZ

Country flag
kunalji, can u tell me if the F-INSAS system will be really effective? I know the BP, helmet, sights might be very useful, but whats with the computer and all.....
Btw this would only quadruple the already mounting cost for both R&D and production ..

Godless-Kafir

DFI Buddha
Country flag

Excaliber: Good Fiber, Better stability hence increase the chance of accuracy, 30rnd Magazine..
Kalakntak: Meant for close combat, Shorter than AK, Firing 5.56x45mm..

Kalantak had problems in over heating and accuracy, But present models may be rectified, No reports though..
Looks basically like the old INSAS but with a new paint job and plastic cladding?

W.G.Ewald

Defence Professionals/ DFI member of 2
Sir, Lets see it operational first, Regulars loves Iron sights, Few may use reflex if wanted..
Before my eyes got old I could consistently hit the 600 M target with the iron sights on the M14.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Articles